Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default California's governor says marijuana is not a drug

LONDON California's governor says marijuana is not a drug, a British magazine reported Monday.

Arnold Schwarzenegger told the British edition of GQ magazine that he had not taken drugs. The former bodybuilder and Hollywood star has acknowledged using marijuana in the 1970s and was shown smoking a joint in the 1977 documentary "Pumping Iron."

"That is not a drug. It's a leaf," Schwarzenegger told GQ.

"My drug was pumping iron, trust me," he added.

In an interview for the magazine's December issue, Schwarzenegger refused to condemn politicians who declined to answer questions about drug use.

"What would you rather have? A politician taking stuff and not saying, but making the best decisions and improving things? Or a politician who names all the drugs he or she has taken but makes lousy decisions for the country?" Schwarzenegger was quoted as saying.

"A politician's job is to do what's best for the people and to improve the country, the economy, the environment. Why should I care if a politician takes sleeping pills every night so long as he can do his job?"

In the same interview, Schwarzenegger listed former Prime Minister Tony Blair, who left office in June, as one of the greatest leaders in history, alongside former South African President Nelson Mandela, U.S. Presidents John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan and ex-Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev.

Asked if he would include U.S. President George W. Bush on the list, Schwarzenegger a Republican said: "I would say that I was ... very fond of his father. I worked for President Bush Sr. and he was a great man."

"I think his son does some great things and there are some other things I don't agree with."
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

Riiiight.

What about the steroids Arnie? Aren't those considered drugs, too?

Poppy plants are just flowers....I guess that isn't considered a drug. Meth is just a bunch of house cleaners and stuff...guess that isn't a drug either.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

When you get down to it, pot is merely a leaf, it's the THC that gets one high. Which is more or less the same as saying that it's not the cigarettes that kill folk, it's the cancer.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

pot is as much or as little a drug as anything else...people like to split hairs between what does and does not constitute a "drug." Those lines are almost always drawn between what that person takes and what they don't or wouldn't take.

It really doesn't matter what is or isn't a drug or whether anyone takes them. What matters to me is whether or not they are interfering with my life. If someone gets sky high on meth or pot or welbutrin is of no consequence to me unless they can't handle their high and because of that they go on some rampage and kill someone, me in particular.

I've always had two very simple rules when it comes to drug use:

1. you have to be able to afford you're own. No stealing money from mom's purse or using the baby's diaper money.
    2. you have to be able to handle yourself. That means getting to work on time and refraining from breaking into convenience stores or beating up your wife or other such nonsense.

I really couldn't care less if a given politician or teacher or whatever is toking up or taking a bump or whatever on their own time. We shouldn't be involved in this whole war on drugs farce. It shouldn't be illegal to hold. It's already illegal to kill, rob, rape, exploit and harass people. The laws concerning drugs are superfluous.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I bet he was high when he said that.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by mistere View Post
    I bet he was high when he said that.
    are you talking about me? I'm not high on anything. I don't use what are commonly referred to as "street drugs" and other than my allergy meds there's nothing else rolling around in my system.

I just think there's a lot of hipocracy in how our society approaches "drugs" and a lack of maturity to boot. I look at "drugs" the way a lot of people look at guns...just as it is the case that guns do not in fact kill people, drugs do not kill people. Our society fights hard to protect its right to keep and bear arms of every kind. I can go to walmart right now and buy a shotgun. I can go down the street and buy liquor. However, to suggest having some pot or shrooms or whatever is somehow outlandish and completely unfathomable.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Premium Member

You're right, drugs don't kill people. That's so true. I mean I have never heard of someone dying from taking too many drugs.

There are parallels that can be drawn from guns and drugs, but that isn't one of them.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    You're right, drugs don't kill people. That's so true. I mean I have never heard of someone dying from taking too many drugs.

There are parallels that can be drawn from guns and drugs, but that isn't one of them.
    drugs kill people when they are taken in an incorrect manner, in too high a dosage (as you pointed out) and in bad combinations. Many of these situations involve drugs that have been approved by the FDA...Vioxx and a host of others come to mind.

Drugs in and of themselves do not kill people unless people do not use them responsibly...just like alcohol and just like guns, and foods high in saturated fat and colesterol, and speeding in a car, and any number of other things that have inherent risks. It's not our government's job to keep us safe from ourselves...if that were the case things like guns, alcohol, cigarettes, fatty foods, sky diving and cars that go faster than 30 miles per hour would all be outlawed.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Premium Member

The only one there that carries any weight is alcohol...especially since that IS considered a drug. I'd stick with that one, because there's some sketchy reasoning on why alcohol is legal and marijuana isn't.

Oh well, life goes on I guess.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    are you talking about me? I'm not high on anything. I don't use what are commonly referred to as "street drugs" and other than my allergy meds there's nothing else rolling around in my system.

I just think there's a lot of hipocracy in how our society approaches "drugs" and a lack of maturity to boot. I look at "drugs" the way a lot of people look at guns...just as it is the case that guns do not in fact kill people, drugs do not kill people. Our society fights hard to protect its right to keep and bear arms of every kind. I can go to walmart right now and buy a shotgun. I can go down the street and buy liquor. However, to suggest having some pot or shrooms or whatever is somehow outlandish and completely unfathomable.
    I think mistere was referring to Arnold being high when he said that weed was not a drug. I don't think he was implying that you were high.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoHalen View Post
    I think mistere was referring to Arnold being high when he said that weed was not a drug. I don't think he was implying that you were high.
    i wasn't sure...and I certainly didn't mean to sound argumentative or upset or anything so I hope it didn't sound that way. When a first read it I thought he was talking about ahnold but then after reading what I read i thought it might have invited a comment like that.

no worries.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.30.07 @ 11:59 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoHalen View Post
    Paranoid

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It is nice to have a Governor, a Republican, who's not a psycho when it comes to pot.

Kind of a small step forward if you ask me. A realistic attitude towards drugs should lead to a realistic policy towards drugs.

Or we can stay right where we are as a nation....'cuz that's working out just dandy, ain't it?
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Eruption
    Last Online

01.12.11 @ 05:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fucking A - let's go smoke a few bong hits with Arnie! This could be the start of world peace.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:20 AM
    Liked 11,578 Times in 4,934 Posts

A lot more important things to worry about than weed fellas. Who cares, it should be legalized anyway. I'd much rather people smoked pot than drank a 5th of JD. Alcohol is the real problem. You don't hear about too many people smoking marijuana killing their families, or beating people up, or hell even killing people with their car.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!