Favorite VH Album

Wings...not rings! ROTH ERA!
    Favorite VH Song

Not a Roth song I DON'T like!
    Last Online

10.15.12 @ 08:54 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

And the guitars hit eBay!

Just saw 5 of them posted....does anyone have an idea of what is up with the TRUTH guitar from Philly?
    It is going to be interesting to see what these sell for...I bet we see more Frankensteins being dumped to pick these up instead....
    Did I read on the board here a while back that he made close to a million off the 2004 guitars?
    Imagine a world without Eddie Van Halen.

"From the moment David Lee Roth appeared at the top of a giant runway that snaked through the Oklahoma City Ford Center audience Tuesday night, he wore the one thing that told every Van Halen fan that everything was right with the world. It was a maniacal Cheshire cat smile announcing happiness and enthusiasm that cannot be faked. Not only was the old band back together, it was thriving."

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

07.21.16 @ 10:36 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 5150Sooner View Post
    Just saw 5 of them posted....does anyone have an idea of what is up with the TRUTH guitar from Philly?
    It is going to be interesting to see what these sell for...I bet we see more Frankensteins being dumped to pick these up instead....
    Did I read on the board here a while back that he made close to a million off the 2004 guitars?
    And all starting at $5150. These are the ultimate, can't beat owning a guitar played by Ed himself! Wish I could afford one cause I'd pick one up for sure!

http://stores.ebay.com/EVH-Art-Series-Guitars
    Last edited by samhalen; 10.28.07 at 08:23 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by samhalen View Post
    I feel the need....the need to reach down between my legs and take a second mortgage out on the house....

And call the divorce lawyer!

"From the moment David Lee Roth appeared at the top of a giant runway that snaked through the Oklahoma City Ford Center audience Tuesday night, he wore the one thing that told every Van Halen fan that everything was right with the world. It was a maniacal Cheshire cat smile announcing happiness and enthusiasm that cannot be faked. Not only was the old band back together, it was thriving."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A or I'm The One
    Last Online

07.12.15 @ 04:46 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts

Is it true Ed is also auctioning off every shirt he wears on this tour?
    What once upon a time made Van Halen unique in the progression of metal and hard rock (besides Eddie’s prowess as a guitarist) was its sense of fun, its willingness to be not just over the top, but weird.

Eruption
    Last Online

01.12.11 @ 05:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Down the Drain View Post
    Is it true Ed is also auctioning off every shirt he wears on this tour?
    Yup... and Sammy is auctioning off the empty tequila bottles from his tour also.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.17.08 @ 07:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Nice job Edward

These guitars look very well laid out. I can tell Ed is straight because these look 100 times better than the 04 models.

But they don't capture the majic of that first guitar off the The Van Halen cover. That guitar was a masterpeice and set the bar for rock guitars.

I wonder if Ed would ever consider going back to the standard trem. I have been using the Callaham stainless stell model with cold rolled steel block for 5 years and they are the best. It stays in tune perfect and sounds like heaven.

I think Ed's playing and tone were the best on the firt two albums. Back them he had a stock type of bridge and it worked fine. These Callaham bridges work and sound so killer I wish he would check one out. The tone is incredible.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A or I'm The One
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bosstone.net View Post
    These guitars look very well laid out. I can tell Ed is straight because these look 100 times better than the 04 models.

I think they're beautiful. I love the stark black and white. But you're right that the original can't be matched.

How much will they end up selling for, do you think? I didn't know he did this in '04.
    What once upon a time made Van Halen unique in the progression of metal and hard rock (besides Eddie’s prowess as a guitarist) was its sense of fun, its willingness to be not just over the top, but weird.

Favorite VH Album

I, II, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Jump/D.O.A./Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 09:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i'm curious to see what they wind up selling for myself... no way i could justify bidding on one of these...
    Runaround... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around...

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bosstone.net View Post

But they don't capture the majic of that first guitar off the The Van Halen cover. That guitar was a masterpeice and set the bar for rock guitars.

I wonder if Ed would ever consider going back to the standard trem. I have been using the Callaham stainless stell model with cold rolled steel block for 5 years and they are the best. It stays in tune perfect and sounds like heaven.

I think Ed's playing and tone were the best on the firt two albums. Back them he had a stock type of bridge and it worked fine. These Callaham bridges work and sound so killer I wish he would check one out. The tone is incredible.
    If that is your proof of Ed being straight.....then god help us....
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by darthadv View Post
    i'm curious to see what they wind up selling for myself... no way i could justify bidding on one of these...
    You could bid on one with the opening bid and freak your wife out knowing deep down inside someone with deep pockets will outbid you anyway....and if they don't and you get it for $5,000? Then find a way to get the cash! But all those deep pockets already shelled out over a grand anyway for 5 star so you might get lucky!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A or I'm The One
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by darthadv View Post

At $5150, I could probably maybe see my way clear to really, really push the limit and go for it. But they won't sell for anywhere near that much, will they?

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

The first four
    Favorite VH Song

Changes daily!
    Last Online

07.06.08 @ 03:52 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Prices for the 2004 guitars were anywhere between $10,000 and $20,000 (I've still got all the Ebay ads )

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Ed played two of them back-to-back in Minneapolis. In '04 it was mostly just one Art Series guitar per show. The capitalism logic there is: Why do one when you can go two and get paid twice as much?

Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:20 PM
    Liked 2,861 Times in 1,072 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

You sure about that, AT? I followed the '04 auctions closely, and I know at most shows he played 2. Usually, one for SGMAD and one for Up For Breakfast. He for sure played 2 in Ft. Lauderdale, a black/white and a black/yellow.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi McFly View Post
    You sure about that, AT? I followed the '04 auctions closely, and I know at most shows he played 2. Usually, one for SGMAD and one for Up For Breakfast. He for sure played 2 in Ft. Lauderdale, a black/white and a black/yellow.
    Maybe I'm crazy. I'm fairly certain he only played one here at the St. Paul show.