Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

f.u.c.k. and Balance
    Last Online

04.02.10 @ 06:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default sammy oct 27 bloomington, ill review

well i got back not to long ago and was gonna wiat till the morning to write this. i just wanted to get home and jam but i am taking a break. this was one of the best shows i have seen outside of the times i have seen vh. there are no comparisons here and this review is not a competition thing. this is from someone who has seen vh 7 times and never seen sam or mike solo. the night opened with mad anthony express and i dont care who you are, when the lights drop and the curtain fell and you saw mikey banging out the open line to rwtd. it sent them chills i so remember. he did alot of vh songs including hear about it later, bottoms up, and little dreamer to name a few. they also did the imagrate song by zep and beer drinkers and hell raisers which anyone who has seen alot of the 70's vh footage or has the boots knows this was a staple with the band. next was the cat in the hat. man sam still has it and i was really impressed with mona. that girl can sing. it was neat to here vic play and the guy has chops. out can mike again and they did some vh tunes with sam. they changed the setlist on stage and decided to start with a different song. vic had to wait on a guitar and sam made the only vh comment he made all night and that was come on vic, ed would only switch his guitar out 15 times to find one in tune. it was funny if you took it the way i did and its that ed is so damn picky. i didnt see it as a jab at all. next you heard a very loud and pleasing to the ears..........helllllllllllllllllllooooo baby. man its been along time since i have seen good enough and that was nice. when they finished the set and mike walked off sam said, now isnt that the funniest guy you have ever seen. they did some more sam material and closed the night with something strange but i have never seen and was pretty neat. a acoustic version of dreams. it was pretty cool. the tempo was slowed and it was very campfire like. from my point of view this was a very damn good show and a must see also. i thought while i stood there. i love van halen, dave, sam, gary, it dont matter. i love sam. it was a perfect night. full of non stop energy and i heard everything i could hope for. when we left my country loving wife who does like vh said i cant believe how good of a show mike and sam put on for there age. they never stop and let up and i agreed. she also said she was amazed at how well mike can sing. i told her that was something we have always known. she said yeah we knew he could sing backups but she was amazed at how well he handled the old vh stuff by himself. i thought that was pretty cool. good show and a must see. now they just need to sign ed on and i would be in heaven. i dont think we will ever see vh with sam or mike again. the local paper had a interview with both and mike said he dosent see himself ever playing with them again. he is happy and dosent need the stress. who knows though, this is van halen. night all.

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.22.16 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts

I was there, up on stage. Sammy signed my 5150 album cover as he went through us. So now, I'm down to Eddie. It's 3/4 complete!!

Mike Anthony..sounds the best EVER. This guy is amazing. His set sounded great. He hit the scream in best of both worlds PERFECT.

Sammy is 60!!?? I don't believe it!!! wow

Favorite VH Album

f.u.c.k. and Balance
    Last Online

04.02.10 @ 06:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michaels View Post
    I was there, up on stage. Sammy signed my 5150 album cover as he went through us. So now, I'm down to Eddie. It's 3/4 complete!!

Mike Anthony..sounds the best EVER. This guy is amazing. His set sounded great. He hit the scream in best of both worlds PERFECT.

Sammy is 60!!?? I don't believe it!!! wow

cool man. yeah i have that same album signed by the whole band. good luck with the ed one. hey when samy was asking for help when he was walking through you guys what was going on? yeah mikey was amazing. that cat is the reason i am not going to see vh this year. how can you kick him out. i would like ot go to another show this yr and do the stage thing.

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.22.16 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts

I don't really know what was going on..but I'm not surprised he was asking for help...There were a lot a drunk A**holes up there!! Which part of the stage did this take place??