Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Cal. Congressman Tom Lantos Pisses Off Dutch

Tom Lantos is from Northern California, I hear him on the radio every so often. He's as Liberal as they come, just check his ratings:

http://www.lantos.org/ratings.html#Civil_Rights

So the other day, some Dutch lawmakers are in DC to talk about Guantanamo, because there are absolutely no problems in Holland now that Mike is out of Van Halen. Anyway, the leftist members of the party got all pissy about things and Lantos says:

"Europe was not as outraged by Auschwitz as by Guantanamo Bay."
    Well the right wing guys were fine but the leftwingers just flipped out and have been grousing about it ever since.

Here's the Europian view:

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/...Guantanamo.php

Why Holland should give a crap anyway is beyond me, now they're talking about pulling out of Afghanistan. Why? Because the left in that country is looking for ways to appease the growing number of Muslems moving into Holland and instead of laying down the law they are punishing native Dutch folks.

I know he'll probably apologize but I hope Tom tells everyone where they can put it.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'd never argue Auschwitz with Tom Lantos, since he was actually there (well, in a concentration camp anyways, I'm not sure which one.)

But Guantanamo could very well be as bad. The fact is that they're keeping it all too secret. We don't know who's there, how long they're there or pretty much anything else except for flushing Qurans down the toilet and eating Chicken with rice pilaf for dinner.

At Gitmo, there will never be mass graves like Hitler had. You don't need them when you have shark infested waters right next to your concentration camp.

Bodies? WHAT bodies??
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

My neighbor lady is from Amsterdam. She's a very nice lady who doesn't think much of the growing Muslim population in Holland. She said if you see a couple of Muslim men walking down the street, you don't dare look them in the eye, or there will be trouble. It's one of the reasons she left.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

06.19.12 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    But Guantanamo could very well be as bad.
    Sorry, but it's not even in the same stratosphere! You cannot even compare the two.

Let's see........gassing and killing Jews compared to holding people in prison (and in most cases, providing them with better care than our own domestic prisoners).

It's like comparing Apples to frozen yogurt.
    "France has neither winter, nor summer, nor morals. France is miserable because it is filled with Frenchmen, and Frenchmen are miserable because they live in France." - Mark Twain

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

"Theres two things I cant stand in this world. First...people dis-respecting other peoples cultures....and the dutch!"

haha i didnt even read the story but the headline just made me think of that
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by BigDBoy View Post
    Sorry, but it's not even in the same stratosphere! You cannot even compare the two.

Let's see........gassing and killing Jews compared to holding people in prison (and in most cases, providing them with better care than our own domestic prisoners).

It's like comparing Apples to frozen yogurt.

Actually there were many Nazi concentration camps that didn't gas the Jews, at least not at first. Instead they used the prisoners for slave labor in companies such as Silesian Consolidated Steel, a company in which Prescott Bush and his Nazi funding Union Bank partners had considerable financial interests.

Prison slave labor is a growing "industry" in the US today. It ain't just license plates anymore.

And let's not pretend that everyone in Gitmo is being treated humanely. There's a reason why the BCE chose a location that cameras weren't going to get into, around, or over very easily.
    Eat Us And Smile

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

let's also not pretend that holding all those people in Guantanamo, as wrong as it is, can be likened in any reasonable way to what went on in Nazi camps.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Actually there were many Nazi concentration camps that didn't gas the Jews, at least not at first. Instead they used the prisoners for slave labor in companies such as Silesian Consolidated Steel, a company in which Prescott Bush and his Nazi funding Union Bank partners had considerable financial interests.

Prison slave labor is a growing "industry" in the US today. It ain't just license plates anymore.

And let's not pretend that everyone in Gitmo is being treated humanely. There's a reason why the BCE chose a location that cameras weren't going to get into, around, or over very easily.

hey ford...haven't seen you around in a while...glad to have you back.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    let's also not pretend that holding all those people in Guantanamo, as wrong as it is, can be likened in any reasonable way to what went on in Nazi camps.
    If people are being tortured and killed, then what exactly is the difference?
    Eat Us And Smile

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Actually there were many Nazi concentration camps that didn't gas the Jews, at least not at first. Instead they used the prisoners for slave labor in companies such as Silesian Consolidated Steel,
    Silesian Consolidated Steel was located in Poland. They got their "Labor" from Auschwitz. They had NO on-site housing, labor was transported to the site from the camp.

If they had a camp it would be listed here:

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...jor_camps.html

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...ocaust/cc.html

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...aborators.html

The major companies that profited from the Concentration camp system are listed here:

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...t/campcos.html

Also, we're not murdering anybody at Gitmo. Face it, the best way to torture a SUICIDE BOMBER is to keep him alive and make him listen to the "Barney" theme song (which is much worse than Water Boarding).
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

Sadly, ford has hijacked this thread with his Nazi/Guantanamo bay bullshit, which has nothing to do with what's going on in Holland.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 2,212 Times in 1,116 Posts

Premium Member

Instead they used the prisoners for slave labor in companies such as Silesian Consolidated Steel, a company in which Prescott Bush and his Nazi funding Union Bank partners had considerable financial interests.
    You aren't really trying to draw a connec....

aaahh jesus.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Sadly, ford has hijacked this thread with his Nazi/Guantanamo bay bullshit, which has nothing to do with what's going on in Holland.
    Guess you need to read the original post again. A comparison of Gitmo to concentration camps is exactly what this was about.

And yes, I AM trying to draw a connection. Here's why:

It's easy to view the Nazi concentration camps from the aftermath perspective... finding the mass graves and the ovens and realizing what happened, but you can't do so without realizing that there was a process that took place before the Nazis actually got to that point.

The US would never gas prisoners? Don't think so?

Well I would hope not. But 6 years ago, I would never dream that the US would torture prisoners, or hold them in prison without charges or even access to a lawyer. I would have never guessed that Habeas Corpus would be flushed down the toilet (along with their copies of the Quran) and I certainly would not have assumed that my own phone calls could be tapped at random without any probable cause.

Yet all these things have happened. Along with a propaganda system that Leni Riefenstahl would be proud of.

How different are the BCE from the Nazis? HONESTLY.
    Eat Us And Smile

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 2,212 Times in 1,116 Posts

Premium Member

I don't get why you feel so oppressed. I live under the same rules as you do, and I'm just as free as I ever have been.

And trying to link the Bush family to the Nazis is just stupid. There is no evidence that they flushed Qurans down the toilet, it was just a claim made by a terrorist to incite violence against America.

Some of the stuff you write is always good for a chuckle, though, so carry on I guess.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    And trying to link the Bush family to the Nazis is just stupid.
    Prescott Bush and his partners at Union Bank funded the rise of Hitler and the Nazi party, and they profited from concentration camp slave labor as previously mentioned. Grandpa Prescott had his assets seized in 1942 under the "Trading With the Enemy" act. Somehow he avoided prosecution, and continued to profit from the Nazis.

These are statements of fact. I could expand on what Grandpa Bush and his protege Richard Nixon did after the war, but you would try to deny that as well.
    Eat Us And Smile