Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Save
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    01.25.00
    Age
    69
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA, USA
    Posts
    15
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Dreams
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I find it interesting that after Van Halen's extended period of silence to his fans that suddenly, right after the Sam and Dave tour announcements, Eddie makes the statement that he is alive and well and ready to rock n roll.

    Hey...that's great...BUT ....that was 10 days ago! And now we are back to the "no news is good news" phase. Since then there have been no updates or anything.

    I've been a fan since Day 1 but now I seriously question VH's sincerety. I say, "shit or get off the pot" Don't blow smoke up my trousers. If you're gonna make music then GREAT, I am interested. But actions speak louder than words and it's gonna take action by the band to make me interested. Until then... I have my own life. I really used to care about the future of the band but as of today.... I just don't care anymore.
    If it ain't broken ... break it!<br />"Futzbutton"<br /><br />Pick a number and don't tell me what it is.<br /><br />OK..now add 47 to it. Now subract 13 from it. you are thinking of the number 57 ..right?<br /><br />NO? you're NOT?<br /><br />Fuck!

  2. #2
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    05.16.02
    Posts
    2
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    If you really don't care about the band anymore then why do you care how often they update with information?
    <a href="http://www.damntheyankees.com" target="_blank">http://www.damntheyankees.com</a>

  3. #3
    Sinner's Swing! Zahzoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.19.01
    Location
    3rd Stone From The Sun
    Posts
    3,488
    Favorite VH Album

    The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

    Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

    09.03.16 @ 05:50 AM
    Likes
    62
    Liked 160 Times in 59 Posts

    VHND didn't find it newsworthy to post but there was another Ed update on Van-Halen.com in the news section on his appearance at a Celebrity Golf Tournament tomorrow...

    Remember you'll hear it here 1st at www.van-halen.com [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] nyuk nyuk nyuk!!!
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

  4. #4
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    12.28.01
    Age
    50
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    1,743
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street
    Last Online

    05.17.09 @ 05:50 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Originally posted by futzbutton:
    I find it interesting that after Van Halen's extended period of silence to his fans that suddenly, right after the Sam and Dave tour announcements, Eddie makes the statement that he is alive and well and ready to rock n roll.

    Hey...that's great...BUT ....that was 10 days ago! And now we are back to the "no news is good news" phase. Since then there have been no updates or anything.

    I've been a fan since Day 1 but now I seriously question VH's sincerety. I say, "shit or get off the pot" Don't blow smoke up my trousers. If you're gonna make music then GREAT, I am interested. But actions speak louder than words and it's gonna take action by the band to make me interested. Until then... I have my own life. I really used to care about the future of the band but as of today.... I just don't care anymore.
    Here we have hypocracy at its best, If Ed doesn't say something people are pissed, If he does say something people are pissed. Its a no win situation if this is how you feel about it, we should just be happy that he's reaching out period. Even if its only an inch at a time, its better than nothing IMO.

    [ May 17, 2002, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: ericgtr ]

  5. #5
    Eruption
    Join Date
    12.10.01
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    973
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Meanstreet
    Last Online

    05.18.12 @ 08:24 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I for one am overjoyed with the Van Halen news section at their website. They've ended the silence. Ed has told us himself that he's ok. Brad has also posted about the golf tourney thing. If they haven't said any more, it's probably because there is nothing more to be said.

    I could understand being upset before, but Ed has made an effort lately. If that's because of the Sam and Dave tour I couldn't care less. Ed broke the silence. For that my hat's off to him. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

    [ May 17, 2002, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: dj88 ]

  6. #6
    The Dude Dan Halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.16.00
    Age
    31
    Location
    Corvallis, OR, USA
    Posts
    9,345
    Last Online

    09.26.07 @ 01:38 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    You're mad because Ed hasn't said anything in 10 days since his last message? The next we'll hear from him is probably going to be a lot longer.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

  7. #7
    Banned!
    Join Date
    05.16.02
    Age
    50
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    5
    Favorite VH Album

    The six that mattered.
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    What's the use of Ed saying anything if it don't petain to a Dave reunion.

  8. #8
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    01.25.00
    Age
    69
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA, USA
    Posts
    15
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Dreams
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Now wait a minute...this is NOT being hypocritic at all. First of all ... and I am not downplaying Ed's cancer, they've been saying all along that it wasn't that big a deal and even Val stated he was well on the road to recovery. It isn't like he had pancreatic cancer (God forbid). For the longest time they have been saying that it was pretty much cured.

    The issue here is that fans like you and I check the VHND and other forums everyday for some update, some hope that there will be new music.

    To be honest... I finally "hit the wall" and I am not goiong to check anymore because I have a life and it is a waste of time to me. Perhaps i should have kept my opinion to myself but this is what this forum is about.

    The big problem is, and I know I am gonna get a lot of flack for this statement, "there just isn't any replacement for the type of music that VH makes. I think that most of the bands out there lack the talent and depth of VH. Then again, I am an older person so the young bands aren't my "cup of tea anyway".

    It's a drag. I guess what I am trying to say is...

    YO MAMA!
    If it ain't broken ... break it!<br />"Futzbutton"<br /><br />Pick a number and don't tell me what it is.<br /><br />OK..now add 47 to it. Now subract 13 from it. you are thinking of the number 57 ..right?<br /><br />NO? you're NOT?<br /><br />Fuck!

  9. #9
    Good Enough Wolfie3's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.16.00
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,585
    Favorite VH Album

    VHII, FW, 1984, 5150, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    You want me to pick just one?
    Last Online

    10.20.15 @ 03:22 PM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 23 Times in 3 Posts

    Hell, ten days is a millisecond in the world of Van Halen. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "One of the reasons I left Sabbath was because Van Halen was blowing us off the stage every night. It was embarrassing." -Ozzy Osbourne

    "When I first heard "Runnin' With The Devil" on the radio, I was stunned and found myself dizzy, walking through my high school hallways thinking, "What was THAT?!"
    Eddie Van Halen was so innovative and kicked so much ass, and David Lee Roth was for a time indisputably the Greatest Man in America.
    If aliens came down and challenged us to a Battle of the Bands to decide the fate of Planet Earth, I would feel very confident putting early Van Halen forward as our champion." -Tom Morello

    "A lot of bands mature, which means they get square; they start delivering messages. Hey, you got a message, use Western Union." -DLR

  10. #10
    Eruption
    Join Date
    12.12.01
    Age
    50
    Location
    naugatuck,connecticut u.s.a.
    Posts
    881
    Favorite VH Album

    fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

    mean street
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Originally posted by HamiltonSmith:
    If you really don't care about the band anymore then why do you care how often they update with information?
    i think its his way of blowing off steam towards the band, we all have done it, it is his rite to be pissed but i think he still cares about vh or would not be posting.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

  11. #11
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    12.28.01
    Age
    50
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    1,743
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street
    Last Online

    05.17.09 @ 05:50 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Originally posted by futzbutton:
    Now wait a minute...this is NOT being hypocritic at all. First of all ... and I am not downplaying Ed's cancer, they've been saying all along that it wasn't that big a deal and even Val stated he was well on the road to recovery. It isn't like he had pancreatic cancer (God forbid). For the longest time they have been saying that it was pretty much cured.

    The issue here is that fans like you and I check the VHND and other forums everyday for some update, some hope that there will be new music.

    To be honest... I finally "hit the wall" and I am not goiong to check anymore because I have a life and it is a waste of time to me. Perhaps i should have kept my opinion to myself but this is what this forum is about.

    The big problem is, and I know I am gonna get a lot of flack for this statement, "there just isn't any replacement for the type of music that VH makes. I think that most of the bands out there lack the talent and depth of VH. Then again, I am an older person so the young bands aren't my "cup of tea anyway".

    It's a drag. I guess what I am trying to say is...

    YO MAMA!
    There is no question that you should have every right to your opinion here futzbutton, that's what its all about. If I came here every day and saw nothing but people kissing the ground that VH walked on I doubt that I would stick around and a little banter between some of us keeps things interesting

    It just seems like a bummer that we go so long before hearing something directly from Ed that I think its exciting when he does say something. I am personally thrilled about his health and glad we got it directly through him and would much rather hear it than not [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

  12. #12
    Unchained
    Join Date
    12.11.01
    Age
    35
    Location
    Edensor Park
    Posts
    473
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

    Right Now
    Last Online

    12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    yeah ed, get a guitar in those hands!!!!!!!!!
    "Jebe Ga"

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. "The Message, There Is No Message!" The Official Devin Townsend Thread!
    By Wolfgang_'99 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 485
    Last Post: 09.30.16, 08:26 PM
  2. VHND?
    By beachboydw in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06.05.05, 08:27 AM
  3. Ed's Answerphone message!
    By stilleddiesangel in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 03.15.05, 05:27 PM
  4. VHND Now
    By KenyonVincent in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09.07.01, 05:13 PM
  5. Val on VHND
    By diamonds4ever in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10.10.00, 10:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •