Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 07:17 AM
    Liked 724 Times in 341 Posts

Default Got me an EVH Art Series

Well, after much deliberation, I got my RWB EVH Art Series guitar yesterday. It was either this guitar, an EBMM/EVH, or a Mean Street Unchained relic'd.
    It was a tough call, but I couldn't pass up the Art Series. The EBMM would have cost me $2500, and I got this one for $2000. Musicians Friend is selling them for $2600, and I got mine brand new, cheaper from the dealer. Anyway, for the price, I couldn't pass it up.

I have to say that for a long time I kind of chuckled at the idea of paying that kind of money for a strat with a cool paintjob, but after playing it and hearing it through a couple amps, I'm pretty impressed. Even though it is "just a Strat", it plays better than most custom shop Strats I've played, and that's basically what it is: Fender Custom Shop. When you look at it that way, and see how much other Fender Custom Shop Signature models are selling for, $2000 doesn't seem that bad. Playability wise, this thing rocks, and has great tone.

Now another factor in my decision to get the Art Series vs. the EBMM/EVH was collectability. Even though I don't plan on selling it, I don't know what the future will bring, so I have to consider it. Anyway, I beleive they only made 1500 in each color scheme. 500 a year for 3 years. The EVH Art series is no longer in production. Eddie is doing an EVH Art Series like he did in 2004 when he striped them up, and auctioned them on ebay, but the production models are done. Consequently, there are less EVH Art Series guitars than there are EBMM/EVHs. This puts me in a good position later on down the road if I ever do decide I would rather have an EBMM/EVH. All I have to do is find a collector that has a few EBMM/EVHs and wants an EVH Art Series.

Well, that's my story. I'm really happy about my new aquisition. I didn't honestly think that I would end up liking this guitar this much, but this thing is awesome. The only thing I'm a little disappointed about is that it doesn't really come with any good case candy. Yeah, it has all the wrenches you need, and a cleaning kit, but nothing EVH. Even the Charvel manual is just a standard manual with no EVH reference. Thought maybe the case would have some kind of EVH insignia on it somewhere, but it's just got the G&G tag in it. Some case candy like the $25,000 Frankie would have been more along the lines of what I would have expected. Maybe not that elaborate, but at least a Van Halen logo on the case somewhere, and an EVH Art Series manual. I guess the real case candy is the guitar.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

04.23.08 @ 12:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I only want the B+W Charvel Art seies. But good to hear you got one.
    I would of bought a Kramer Baretta or EBMM first. They have been getting pricey with the new tour underway.

Also why not eBay. I buy tons of guitars there and can always find the Charvel art series for almost a thousand less.

Last Online

I'd rather support my local music store than get something that I can't see or touch until I pay for it on ebay. Call me old fashioned, but I like to know what I'm getting, and who I'm dealing with before I let loose of that kind of money. Luckily, the guy with the EBMM/EVH is somebody that I'm familiar with, so I would have felt comfortable getting the guitar from him. It was a tough choice between the two, but after I played the Art Series in the store for a while, I just kind of fell in love with it. I just don't see as much of a problem getting an EBMM/EVH in the future as I do an EVH Art Series.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

These Art Series do have a great tone to them I'll give them that benefit...but if I were to buy one I'd buy the Black and Yellow one....the thing I don't like about the RWB one is that it looks funny because it has the Frankenstein paint design...but without the dings and scratches....Either way...you got a good guitar man
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nobozos View Post
    I'd rather support my local music store than get something that I can't see or touch until I pay for it on ebay. Call me old fashioned, but I like to know what I'm getting, and who I'm dealing with before I let loose of that kind of money. Luckily, the guy with the EBMM/EVH is somebody that I'm familiar with, so I would have felt comfortable getting the guitar from him. It was a tough choice between the two, but after I played the Art Series in the store for a while, I just kind of fell in love with it. I just don't see as much of a problem getting an EBMM/EVH in the future as I do an EVH Art Series.

The EBMM are limited to what a thousand per year?
    Also with eBay you can look for "nearest"
    and go set up a time to try it out.
    I've bought so many expensive guitars for nothing off there.
    So only need truss rod adjustments or other easy fixes.
    Sure i like the music stores, but hate the mark up.

John

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad. It Jamz!!!
    Last Online

04.11.13 @ 12:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

congrats! I have an EBMM/EVH and I love it! i will keep it forever!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

EBMM is a dream that i will get one day. Some of my guitars:

1986 Kramer Baretta, sn is in the first 40 built.
    Wolfagng
    1985 Kramer Pacer
    1982 Kramer Pacer imperial

Eruption
    Last Online

01.12.11 @ 05:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let's see the pics man - don't hold out on us!

Favorite VH Album

All of em !
    Favorite VH Song

same as above
    Last Online

07.01.14 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I got one of the first red, white, and black Charvel Art series guitars that came into Britain, and i can honestly say it was the worst guitar straight out of the box that i have ever owned !!!

It had no set up whatsoever , every nut, screw, saddle was loose !! some were rattling around in the case !! even the p-up screws were loose !! it took me about a month to get it playing ok !!

Here is a pic of it anyway, and i wont be buying another !

Doug

You can tune a piano, but you cant tuna fish !

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=545590&T=6107

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by dg5150 View Post
    I got one of the first red, white, and black Charvel Art series guitars that came into Britain, and i can honestly say it was the worst guitar straight out of the box that i have ever owned !!!

It had no set up whatsoever , every nut, screw, saddle was loose !! some were rattling around in the case !! even the p-up screws were loose !! it took me about a month to get it playing ok !!

Doug
    Perfect example of why I don't like to mail order stuff. I bought mine after playing it and deciding that the playability, tone, and collectablity of this particular Art Series was worth the price. Was your guitar damaged in shipping? Did the person or store you bought it from dick it up before they sent it? Yeah, it was just some minor adjustments, but it's aggrevation I didn't have to deal with. I know that people can get great deals on ebay, but people get scammed and screwed over on ebay too. I'm not so worried about sending my money and not getting the guitar as I am sending my money and getting a guitar that isn't right, and not being able to get my money back. Sure, if there is obvious damage, and the guitar isn't playable, you have a leg to stand on, but if it's something more subtle, then you have a situation where you will have to get all legal. It's alot harder for someone to misrepresent a product, or screw me over in person than it is on ebay.

That being said, I hope you learn to love your guitar. I would also love to have an EBMM/EVH, but it was hard enough to justify one $2000 guitar the War Dept., let alone 2. I don't play in a band anymore, so this guitar is just for my amusement, and I'm not making money with it. If I were still in a band, I would definitely chosen the EBMM/EVH. You go on stage with a RWB EVH Art Series, you better be prepared to play like EVH all night.

Favorite VH Album

All of em !
    Favorite VH Song

same as above
    Last Online

07.01.14 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nobozos View Post
    Perfect example of why I don't like to mail order stuff. I bought mine after playing it and deciding that the playability, tone, and collectablity of this particular Art Series was worth the price. Was your guitar damaged in shipping? Did the person or store you bought it from dick it up before they sent it? Yeah, it was just some minor adjustments, but it's aggrevation I didn't have to deal with. I know that people can get great deals on ebay, but people get scammed and screwed over on ebay too. I'm not so worried about sending my money and not getting the guitar as I am sending my money and getting a guitar that isn't right, and not being able to get my money back. Sure, if there is obvious damage, and the guitar isn't playable, you have a leg to stand on, but if it's something more subtle, then you have a situation where you will have to get all legal. It's alot harder for someone to misrepresent a product, or screw me over in person than it is on ebay.

That being said, I hope you learn to love your guitar. I would also love to have an EBMM/EVH, but it was hard enough to justify one $2000 guitar the War Dept., let alone 2. I don't play in a band anymore, so this guitar is just for my amusement, and I'm not making money with it. If I were still in a band, I would definitely chosen the EBMM/EVH. You go on stage with a RWB EVH Art Series, you better be prepared to play like EVH all night.
    I know what you are saying ! But the guitar came straight out of the box, from Charvel like that !! No damage , just very poor workmanship all over !!

I am lucky enough to have a good few EBMM EVHs , and my worst one just blows the Charvel EVH out the water !!

Doug
    You can tune a piano, but you cant tuna fish !

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=545590&T=6107

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Welcome to the club!! I,m glad your enjoying the TONE..........

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............... Dirty Harry

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dg5150 View Post
    I am lucky enough to have a good few EBMM EVHs , and my worst one just blows the Charvel EVH out the water !!
    Doug

Doug, Could you please post pictures of your "good few EBMM EVHs" please? I'd love to see them.................
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............... Dirty Harry

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

dg5150,

Nice hockey stick neck on your 5150 Kramer.

John

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Bob View Post
    Welcome to the club!! I,m glad your enjoying the TONE..........

where do you get those straps, man!?!?!