Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 03:05 PM
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

Tim McCarver is a big VH Fan

I was watching the World Series tonight and they were playing Everybody Wants Some during a sponsor spot and then Joe Buck says after it "Van Halen, I know you (Tim) knew that. They are on tour right now" Then Tim says "Those are my boys". I'm not a huge Tim fan but I will give him a thumbs up for that plug.
    Last edited by AJW; 10.24.07 at 08:34 PM.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AJW View Post
    I was watching the World Series tonight and they were playing Everybody Wants Some during a sponsor spot and then Joe Buck says after it "Van Halen, I know you (Tim) knew that. They are on tour right now" Then Tim says "Those are my boys". I'm not a huge Tim fan but I will give him a thumbs up for that plug.
    I heard that. Pretty damn cool indeed.

Too bad he's such a fucking tool
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

The First 6
    Favorite VH Song

Currently Dirty Movies, Fools
    Last Online

04.21.08 @ 04:15 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Interesting. My take is that Tim was being sarcastic. I thought he said something like. "Yeah right, those are my guys" in a way that made me think he doesn't like them or listen to them. I even thought I heard Joe Buck do a little "ehh ehh" laugh after Tim answered. If anything I came away suspecting that Joe Buck probably is more aware of and/or listens to Van Halen. Maybe I misunderstood.

GO RED SOX!

EDIT: I may be wrong. They're talking about them again at the top of the ninth, naming all the members, showing their photos (under which it reads something like "Tim's guys"). McCarver did again agree with Buck that they were his guys. Buck talked about them like he was a fan. Cool stuff.
    Last edited by Roth Van Halen; 10.24.07 at 09:02 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:07 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

He is talking about them now and showing photo's.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

5150-Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.22.16 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 21 Posts

oh lord..Joe Buck says Michael Anthony .."sitting this tour out"

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:30 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

A.E.N.A.M.B.I.

An Eddie National Anthem Must Be Imminent

But it will have to get to a game 6 first.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

You guys see that little kid dancin' the night away when they played "Everybody Wants Some" and then they showed him again when Joe Fuck was talkin' Halen? DG and I were saying that kid was like Dave as a little kid during "Monkey Hour." lol

Seriously, how fucking cool was not only the VH mention in Game One of THE WORLD FUCKING SERIES but they showed the back of 1984?!?!?!?!?!?

Then when Tim said "they are my boys... The DAVID LEE ROTH VERSION." Tim Fuck said "I agree!!!" LMAO!!!

When they mentioned MA they said something about him defecting with the Red Rocker too. lol

Sorry but I'm lovin' life!!!

The Sox whoopin' ass and then VH a part of the show!!!

DG said this while we were watching this, how people say "Oh, that's just Manny being Manny." just how people say "Oh, that's just Dave being Dave..."

Regardless, that whole game was TITS and the VH shit was the cherry on top!!!
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

09.22.10 @ 01:03 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tim McCarver is a fucking idiot. The game tonight was bad enough then to suffer through his sorry act. Sorry folks I just am not a fan of T.M. He is the analyst who just over analyses. He adds nothing to the game nothing zip nodda....VH fan I highly doubt it. He needs to shut the fuck up. Thats why when its on Fox its on mute.
    Sometimes you feel like a nut...Sometimes you feel like a screw!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by RAGEN_40 View Post
    Tim McCarver is a fucking idiot. The game tonight was bad enough then to suffer through his sorry act. Sorry folks I just am not a fan of T.M. He is the analyst who just over analyses. He adds nothing to the game nothing zip nodda....VH fan I highly doubt it. He needs to shut the fuck up. Thats why when its on Fox its on mute.
    Ehhh....

I still think it was cool that VH was mentioned during game one of THE WORLD FUCKING SERIES!!! LMAO!!!

I also loved EBWS being played!!!

Seriously and think about it, THE WORLD FUCKING SERIES and the boring announcers made a SH/DLR debate of it. Do either of them post heeya or The Army? Hit one outta tha paaak yaaa bastiiid!!!!

Who'd have EVER thought they'd be showing a VH album cover naming every member during a damned WORLD SERIES game? Maybe this was some sly PR? Regardless, they gave props to DLR and I loved it!!! Especially when it was during the 8th as The Sox had kicked the living fuck out of The Rockies!!!
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.23.07 @ 02:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They are creeping in everywhere......The Office....now the World Series...will they be parachuting into Gillette Stadium for the Patriots game this week before the big Boston show?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:56 PM
    Liked 2,210 Times in 1,114 Posts

Premium Member

I hate Tim McCarver. He is the worst color man in the history of broadcasting. I think he's senile (sp?). I remember watching a game last year and he would go through the pitches after an at bat, and he said: "Nothing but fastballs to this hitter, really aggressive, but he should mix it up more." Than after every pitch they would replay, he would say: "Fastball. Fastball. Fastball." The only problem was the guy was throwing 84 mph sliders repeatedly in with the fastballs.

The worst part is that Joe Buck won't correct him. Tim McCarver should retire.

He is such a tool.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

OU812 (see my bio for other)
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

10.02.17 @ 07:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I would have been truly impressed with Joe Buck's knowledge if he recognized that VH is playing in Boston on Tuesday night, an off night for the Series, and that Sox fans who are attending the show (yours truly) are praying that no games are postposned due to inclement weather.

They did mention that the forecast for the weekend in Denver is good.

oh lord..Joe Buck says Michael Anthony .."sitting this tour out"
    Yes, I heard this too, and almost had a heart attack. But then he said, "He's sided with the Red Rocker, Sammy Hagar." So, I think he is quite estute in his Van Halen knowledge.

Favorite VH Album

I, II, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Jump/D.O.A./Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 09:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    I hate Tim McCarver. He is the worst color man in the history of broadcasting. I think he's senile (sp?). I remember watching a game last year and he would go through the pitches after an at bat, and he said: "Nothing but fastballs to this hitter, really aggressive, but he should mix it up more." Than after every pitch they would replay, he would say: "Fastball. Fastball. Fastball." The only problem was the guy was throwing 84 mph sliders repeatedly in with the fastballs.

The worst part is that Joe Buck won't correct him. Tim McCarver should retire.

He is such a tool.
    the mets got tired of his act after probably employing him for about 10 years... the problem with him is he says things just to be the contrarian and show that he's contributing to the broadcast... it was actually a relief to see him get pulled into a national broadcast team and away from the mets! that said, the current mets broadcast team has such a great chemistry (gary cohen, a walking encyclopedia of mets trivia who pulls out detailed minutia from memory in passing conversation about the second game of a doubleheader of a mets game in 1975 in which so and so did this, and two former players, ron darling, who is very insightful, and keith hernandez, who is stickler about the fundamentals of playing the game and also comes off as the comic relief along the lines of that older uncle you really like who has "some" idiosyncrasies... )
    Runaround... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around...

Favorite VH Album

OU812 (see my bio for other)
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

10.02.17 @ 07:47 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Actually, I don't think McCarver has been his usual awful self this post season. He was great, by McCarver standards, in the ALCS.

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

I must have missed the context of that exchange because I had a different take. It sounded to me like Buck was being tongue-in-cheek about McCarver being a VH guy. You know, like if I said to my father, "yeah Dad, I know how much you like Van Halen." What I'm really saying is that he doesn't know shit about Van Halen. That was my take anyways. I don't think McCarver gives two shits about VH and Buck was just making a joke about it.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.