Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:49 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Default *** Reviews Minneapolis, MN ***

Reviews only, if you did not attend you have no business posting in this thread.
    All non reviews will be deleted.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

How many say I
    Last Online

12.26.07 @ 08:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just got back from the show. Basically gonna say the same things everyone else has said. These guys kicked ass. Eddie sounded amazing. Clearly had a great time. Only seen him light up once - at the end during Jump. At the end he literally tossed his guitar. Anybody else notice that? Backgrounds sounded great. Dave sounded spot on. He was funny as expected. Told a story before Ice Cream Man. Oh boy i'm kinda tipsy still........great show! Oh, seen one Mike shirt - "Where's Mike? $50,000 Reward" or something like that.

Now listening to KQRS - playing all Van Halen!
    Tomorrow I will wake up with Post Concert Depression. The show is over and back to work - to pay for the 3 beers I had. At 7.50 a piece, that ain't cheap!
    Last edited by VH074ever; 10.24.07 at 09:53 PM.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

DOA
    Last Online

11.13.07 @ 07:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Roths vocals were a good surprise and the sound of the whole band was very good. I noticed Wolfie became very charged at the end. I wonder if there was a DLR influence back stage during Eddies solo.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I'm totally drunk. I took a bunch of photos at the show. Security was standing right next to me on the floor, and dude only took issue with me and my camera when he saw I was shooting some video on it. He said: "Pictures only. No video." We'll see if any of them came out. My buddy Ben and I were having a good time; he's my bud (lead vocalist of AT/DT) who's been with me to VH shows in the last ten years (and DLR and SH solo shows) from all three lead singers. Against our 30-something better judgement, we dodged the wives at home and hit the nudie bar afterward. I'll write a solid review tomorrow when I'm sober. The show was exactly as it's been, though; there really won't be a whole lot of new stuff to report.

Eruption
    Last Online

08.17.12 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    I'm totally drunk. I took a bunch of photos at the show. Security was standing right next to me on the floor, and dude only took issue with me and my camera when he saw I was shooting some video on it. He said: "Pictures only. No video." We'll see if any of them came out. My buddy Ben and I were having a good time; he's my bud (lead vocalist of AT/DT) who's been with me to VH shows in the last ten years (and DLR and SH solo shows) from all three lead singers. Against our 30-something better judgement, we dodged the wives at home and hit the nudie bar afterward. I'll write a solid review tomorrow when I'm sober. The show was exactly as it's been, though; there really won't be a whole lot of new stuff to report.
    Nice. Really looking forward to your review Andrew.

Favorite VH Album

1st one
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One, Panama, Unchained
    Last Online

06.17.10 @ 08:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just got home from Minneapolis. The concert was outstanding! Dave hit quite a few high notes. I was real impressed with his sound. Wolfie looked like a natural up there. He sounded great too. The boys sure looked like they were enjoying themselves.

I also took a few videos with a security guard standing right next to me. All he told me was that I couldn't stand in the isle. Will post them later, I've been up for 36 hours and should try to get a couple hours of sleep since it's my day off tomorrow.

Cutter, Thanks for the tickets, and hanging out with me. I'm really glad I got to meet you. Sorry I didn't say goodbye, but I had to try to beat the crowd.
    Here's a pic of me & Cutter:

VH074ever, You think the beer was spendy, I paid $4 for a GLASS of water!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

DOA
    Last Online

11.13.07 @ 07:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Music sound A, Best i have heard Roths vocals
    Energy- B, band into it but Roth needs to run around bit, he still looks in good shape(not expecting him to fly off speaks like early Van Halen). Eddie has had a lot of energy but should go cordless at least part time. Mike would have added a extra kick, but back ground locals were pretty good.

Band was much better than any tour with Sammy.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Dave - The first Sam - FUCK
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love
    Last Online

01.31.11 @ 05:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We did some burgers on the grill and pounded a few beers at my house before the show - Target Center was selling beers for 7.25 OUCH! The weather was awesome; you canít ask for much more in Minneapolis in late October. The show was great. Target Center was sold out Ė 14,328. We were in the first row of the upper deck. Dave sounded better than I thought he could at this stage of his career. Wolf doesn't have much stage presence but the kid can play the bass and his background vocals were fine. VH has certainly had their ups and downs but right now itís all good. Eddie is playing like he was in 1983. His tone is fat and heís just ripping solo after mind blowing solo. Will they stay together long enough to record another album/tour? Who knows? With VH it could all come to a screeching halt real quick so you better get off your ass and see this while you have the chance. If you are a VH fan and youíre going to skip the show because Michael Anthony isnít there youíre an idiot.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Many of them
    Last Online

08.06.15 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Like the majority of reviews from the previous shows, great performance.

Dave's voice was better than I expected. Think "I'll Wait," and "Ice Cream Man," are played to highlight his voice b/c he sounded unbelieveable during those two. He was on it during "Little Dreamer" as well, especially at the end of the song. I do miss the athletic type of performance he used to give in the 80's.

Eddie, probably the best of all time. He's got a gift, has to have a heck of an imagination and innovation to create the sounds he does with his guitar. Wish I was that gifted with my imagination and innovation in my career.

Al, I can't believe he is close to 55. He is the anchor that makes it happen.

I thought Wolfie held his own.

The only thing I would like to see that I didn't, would be for Dave to be more explosive in his performance, i.e. movements and body language, that match the level of intensity that the sound of the music is giving off. To me, most of the six pack of early VH seems to demand a lot of running around and going absolutely ape sh*t. JMO.

Only negative, tee-shirts are made too small and they didn't have any XXL in the type of shirts I wanted. Particularly the black one with the King's throne above the VH.

Have to say thanks to Andrew for helping out with directions and to Becki for buying my extra ticket. Becki, sorry I missed you at the end of the show. I ended up on Eddie's side of stage near the ramp. Glad you made it home safe.

Lastly, for all the concert folks in the Minneapolis area, here is some important information. A good portion of the ushers at the Target Center, particulary those working the floor area and entrances to the lower level's are lacking performance skills when it comes to doing their job. I had no problem as did many other people have no problem getting through access points unchecked.
    Last edited by cutter; 10.25.07 at 08:59 AM.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Many of them
    Last Online

08.06.15 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here is a link for the review from the Minneapolis paper.
    http://www.startribune.com/457/story/1506687.html

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

changes regularly
    Favorite VH Song

also changes regularly
    Last Online

05.14.15 @ 05:11 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

The show last night was impressive. It was great to be in a packed house of VH fans anticipating those first notes. At first the sound seemed pretty muddy, but a few songs in it got better. Maybe my ears just adjusted to how incredibly loud it was. Dave sounded very good. Much better then the clips on you tube. Maybe his voice started to strain a little towards the end. The show was getting better and better up until I'll wait (not just because I'm not a big fan of that song). The sound for I'll wait and the craddle will rock, which followed it, seemed way louder then the rest of the show. I couldn't really hear any distinct parts of the songs. Maybe it was just because of my somewhat crappy seets, or maybe the recorded synth parts for those songs just add that much more volume. I was in the upper deck on Ed's side, which I thought would give me a pretty good view, but there was a speaker about 10 feet above the stage that totaly blocked my view of Ed's mic, which is were he usually was. That bumbed me out. Dave was fun to watch though. Not a lot of high flying stuff, but the stuff he did was impressive for 50+ years old. Some of the movements and theatrics would seem dumb if anyone other then Dave did it, but it seems to fit with him, so it works. Bottom line: Great show! VH, get in the studio and give us some new material. I'ld love to here another show with 10 or so new songs mixed in.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

10.25.07 @ 02:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Great time, great show!

That was a frickin' blast! I drank too much, spent too much money...but don't regret a single minute. Not much to add to the show that hasn't been covered, but it was great. YOU MUST GO TO THIS TOUR! My seats were next to the stage, about 10 rows up so it sounded and looked great. Some random things....Eddie sounded awesome, his solo was fantastic and he's having fun. He had fun interactions with Dave and Wolfie (he runs over to Wolf a few times in the show, kissing him once on the cheek during a tune).....Funny when Dave missed a cue during "And The Cradle Will Rock", and he shouted out "I forgot the fucking words!"......There were zero lowlights, but highlights were "Little Dreamer", "Panama", "Little Guitars" (despite vocals mixed too low at times), "Mean Streets", but again, the thing rocked and was nonstop--the drum solo was when I bolted to pee......Nice to have beer vendors coming buy, didn't have to leave!......Not the best T-shirt designs, but what's another $35......Why have the ramps when you don't use them more than 3 times in 2 hours? KISS is getting up there and they still swing on ropes and shit, would it kill Dave to run around a little bit---maybe that's the price we pay for much improved vocals from DLR. He did sound way better than I expected. You can tell he's really worked on delivering in that regard, and it's paid off big time. Don't let shitty video fool you, they sound just like the Van Halen you want to hear.......Wolfie had a designer black jacket on, nice touch. Just the t-shirt is not a good look when you're packin some pounds. Dave must be dressing him. He moved around a little, but still working on his comfort level. Hell, he's 16 so I guess I'll cut him some slack--his playing was just fine. It would've been great to see Michael Anthony, but as David Lee Roth said at the show "This is three quarters original and and quarter inevitable..." I certainly didn't miss that bass solo..........At that Irish pub next to Target Center, there was a line into the MENS Room and NOT the ladies room. When do you ever see that? Van Halen = Sausage Fest, not the ideal place to pick up the chicks I guess........Overall I had a blast, the show rocked and if you can go but choose not to it's your loss. I CANNOT TELL YOU ENOUGH HOW MUCH FUN YOU'LL HAVE! I sang along nonstop and everyone was partying. Get the best seats you can and have a kick ass time!!!!
    Last edited by lkkdavid; 10.25.07 at 01:59 PM.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

02.09.12 @ 08:58 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My wife and I did the 5* thingy and we had great seats 6 rows back and one chair from center to Wolfy's side. Perfect view. The seats were the only thing that made those prices worth the $$$. The $2.35 in trinket BS given to us by ILAA is already on its way to the trash dump in Minneapolis.

Captivating and magical. Those are the two words I'll use to describe seeing DLR on stage with EVH.

Wolfy did great. That kid can play and sing. If he does as well as he does at age 16 (!!!), just think how he will develope over the next few years. When he is 25yo, I'll expect nothing but greatness from him. Wow. He did great. In most of the critiques I see of Wolfy, I think the author forgets this young man in 16 yo. Most of us when we were 16 couldnt stand in front of a church group and sing "Silent Night".

EVH was much more mellow than in '04 (Omaha, Ames, Rapid City), and obviously %100 sober and quite in tune with the show. His solo was great as expected and perfect in length, IMO.

Alex had a great solo. Some new stuff I had not heard before from him.

DLR had a presence that was felt instantly the curtain fell and he started waving the red flag. His stage presence is awesome. He knows the crowd. DLR knows how to get the crowd involved without trying. Wow. It is great to have him back. Other than a missed cue during a song or two, his vocals were great ("I FORGOT THE FUCKIN LYRICS!!!", said DLR). It as aweseme to watch him.

Jump is not the song to close with. With the way they do Panama... THAT should be the song to end it with, IMO. They nail that song perfect. 1984 and Jump just dont do it like a closer should. With the way they played Panama and RWTD, those two would be awesome to close with.

MA was missed. He would have provided some of the energy that Wolfy doesnt know how to provide... yet.

Now... I need to go pack. My buddy and I are off to KC!!!! (25hours to SHOWTIME!!!!)
    Last edited by LtBennett; 10.25.07 at 04:19 PM.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

02.09.12 @ 08:58 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

**thanks for moving my thread over here**

One thing I forgot to add....

The stage wastes a lot of floor space for absolutely no worth what-so-ever.

DLR came out twice, maybe thrice. Wolfy came out once. But otherwise... the section that goes into the floor is a waste of space and floor seat tickets. IMO, of course.

Also.... ILAA would go a lot further making the first four rows the "big" 5* for about $250, rows 5-10 *4 at about $150, and from there go with $100 on the floor and etc etc.... I have to wonder sometimes WTF they are thinkin. We ate some meatballs and chicken, drank some beer, talked with some other VH fans. That was all good. But, we could have done that on our own without the help of ILAA. My wife and I were group "D" and went on the backstage tour last right at about 6:30pm. They shuffled us through like kids in a musuem, I think I saw EVH's guitars, some smoke machines, and where Alex sits during DLR's and EVH's solos. Oh... and we saw the doors to their dressing rooms, too. I orgasmed for that. Was it worth the $1500 for two 5* tickets? Fuck no. Was the concert worth that kind of money with the awesome seats we had? Yes it was. ILAA can kiss my ass, like I said in the other thread... most of my ILAA handjobbag full of VH trinket BS stuff is already on its way to the Minneapolis dump. I knew all along my expectations were too high after reading ther other reviews... and they were right. But, thank GOD! the concert more than made up for their greedy hands.

Oh... and one last parting shot. The "security" for the Minneapolis Target Center are the biggest bunch of rude wanna-be LEO I've ever seen. The bad-boy "respect mah athorahtee" attitudes, lack of professionalism, the little black LEO gloves, and nazi skin head or military hair cuts all made for an entertaining night. I thought one of them was going to try and put the cuffs on me during the "tour" for falling out of line while peering up onto the stage. One of the jokers "guarding" the pit liked to check my ticket and ILAA badge, and point to my seat EVERY time I walked by him to go get a beer/take a piss/get wifey some water/etc. Pathetic.

All in all... I'd do it all over again but would have my expectations lower for the ILAA BS.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LtBennett View Post
    **thanks for moving my thread over here**

One thing I forgot to add....

The stage wastes a lot of floor space for absolutely no worth what-so-ever.

DLR came out twice, maybe thrice. Wolfy came out once. But otherwise... the section that goes into the floor is a waste of space and floor seat tickets. IMO, of course.

Also.... ILAA would go a lot further making the first four rows the "big" 5* for about $250, rows 5-10 *4 at about $150, and from there go with $100 on the floor and etc etc.... I have to wonder sometimes WTF they are thinkin. We ate some meatballs and chicken, drank some beer, talked with some other VH fans. That was all good. But, we could have done that on our own without the help of ILAA. My wife and I were group "D" and went on the backstage tour last right at about 6:30pm. They shuffled us through like kids in a musuem, I think I saw EVH's guitars, some smoke machines, and where Alex sits during DLR's and EVH's solos. Oh... and we saw the doors to their dressing rooms, too. I orgasmed for that. Was it worth the $1500 for two 5* tickets? Fuck no. Was the concert worth that kind of money with the awesome seats we had? Yes it was. ILAA can kiss my ass, like I said in the other thread... most of my ILAA handjobbag full of VH trinket BS stuff is already on its way to the Minneapolis dump. I knew all along my expectations were too high after reading ther other reviews... and they were right. But, thank GOD! the concert more than made up for their greedy hands.

Oh... and one last parting shot. The "security" for the Minneapolis Target Center are the biggest bunch of rude wanna-be LEO I've ever seen. The bad-boy "respect mah athorahtee" attitudes, lack of professionalism, the little black LEO gloves, and nazi skin head or military hair cuts all made for an entertaining night. I thought one of them was going to try and put the cuffs on me during the "tour" for falling out of line while peering up onto the stage. One of the jokers "guarding" the pit liked to check my ticket and ILAA badge, and point to my seat EVERY time I walked by him to go get a beer/take a piss/get wifey some water/etc. Pathetic.

All in all... I'd do it all over again but would have my expectations lower for the ILAA BS.

I had to Bold, Italicize, and underline that golden line.......that is just great!!!.....HAHAHAHA.....LMFAO....
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel