Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Artist Chains Up Dog Until It Dies…

A Costa Rican artist found himself in hot water with the animal protection people in his home country after using a starving, sick street dog as part of an exposition in Managua, Nicaragua, in August. Guillermo “Habacuc” Vargas allegedly found the dog tied up on a street corner in a poor Nicaragua barrio and brought it to the showing.

He tied the dog, according to furious animal lovers, in a corner of the salon where it died after a day. Habacuc’s exhibition included a legend spelled out in dog food reading “You are what you read,” photos and an incense burner that burned an ounce of marijauna and 175 “rock’ of crack cocaine. In the background, according to reports, the Sandista national anthem played backwards.

According to the artist, his “art” was a tribute to Natividad Canda, a Nicaraguan burglar killed in Costa Rica by two rottweilers guarding property he had entered at night. The incident caused friction between the two countries. Habacuc told the daily La Nacion, “I won’t say the dog died. The importance to me is the hypocracy of the people where an animal is the focus of attention where people come to see art but not when it’s in the street starving to death.”

“The same thing happened with poor Natividad Canda. The people sympathized with him only after he was dead,” the artist added.

The artist apparently is unaware that at least three large, active organizations are dedicated in Costa Rica to the protection of animals and that several persons have been prosecuted for cruelty to animals. They are hampered in their efforts by the old Hispanic customs of disregard for animal welfare and by a lack of funding.

http://www.theginblog.com/2007/10/ar...-animal-abuse/

http://petloverstips.com/ForTheLoveo...s-art-petition

http://www.care2.com/c2c/share/detail/512075
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Scum bag!!! They should tie him up.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

The one I'm listenin' to.
    Favorite VH Song

Can't pick just one
    Last Online

01.21.15 @ 08:57 AM
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OLO View Post
    Scum bag!!! They should tie him up.
    Hell yeah they should.
    ALEX IS GOD!!!

I've been doin' this for 'bout 20 years now, and I'll tell ya, to this day I still don't know the right drumstick from the left drumstick -Alex Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Oh hell yeah. String the bastard up!
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Sounds like the Falcons found their next quarterback.
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy812 View Post
    Sounds like the Falcons found their next quarterback.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Animals are expendable to us douchebag humans.

If people ever got the fact that this starving, homeless dog was a living, breathing being, maybe things would change. Maybe fuckhead artists wouldn't use an animal to make a name for himself. Of course, if he took the dog and and nursed it back to health, or took it to a shelter where that could be done for the dog, no media (i.e. cocksuckers) would have covered that, thus no attention.

Sad thing is, we wouldn't watch that type of story because there is no shock factor there.

I just adopted a dog from a no-kill rescue facility. So many people just get rid of a dog because it's inconvenient, etc. It's a joke.

Fuck this guy and anyone that supports his "art".

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:40 PM
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    A Costa Rican artist found himself in hot water with the animal protection people in his home country after using a starving, sick street dog as part of an exposition in Managua, Nicaragua, in August. Guillermo “Habacuc” Vargas allegedly found the dog tied up on a street corner in a poor Nicaragua barrio and brought it to the showing.

He tied the dog, according to furious animal lovers, in a corner of the salon where it died after a day. Habacuc’s exhibition included a legend spelled out in dog food reading “You are what you read,” photos and an incense burner that burned an ounce of marijauna and 175 “rock’ of crack cocaine. In the background, according to reports, the Sandista national anthem played backwards.

According to the artist, his “art” was a tribute to Natividad Canda, a Nicaraguan burglar killed in Costa Rica by two rottweilers guarding property he had entered at night. The incident caused friction between the two countries. Habacuc told the daily La Nacion, “I won’t say the dog died. The importance to me is the hypocracy of the people where an animal is the focus of attention where people come to see art but not when it’s in the street starving to death.”

“The same thing happened with poor Natividad Canda. The people sympathized with him only after he was dead,” the artist added.

The artist apparently is unaware that at least three large, active organizations are dedicated in Costa Rica to the protection of animals and that several persons have been prosecuted for cruelty to animals. They are hampered in their efforts by the old Hispanic customs of disregard for animal welfare and by a lack of funding.

http://www.theginblog.com/2007/10/ar...-animal-abuse/

http://petloverstips.com/ForTheLoveo...s-art-petition

http://www.care2.com/c2c/share/detail/512075
    Those pictures.....they....they sadden me to the point of being enraged....that is fucking disgusting.....you know I was discussing something like this the other day...

If a person kills another person, while it is INEXCUSABLE, the killer might have had a reason...the victim might have slept with the killers wife....or the victim might have hurt the killer's children...murder is totally wrong...but I think we as a society could kind of understand these things as causing revenge in one's mind....

But to harm...no change that...torture a defenseless animal....an animal that did nothing...an animal that can't say anything in it's defense........it doesn't even disgust me....it just makes me think that people like better burn in hell.....
    Last edited by MF5150; 10.24.07 at 01:43 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Okay...why is torture bad exactly?

Oh, and I have to break this out:

"Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,124 Posts

Premium Member

This guy's logic makes no sense. He could taken a homeless guy and tied him to a corner until he starved to death to make the same point with his logic. It's not the fact that people walk by and do nothing, it's the fact you take them out of that situation and purposely do not help them. What a dickweed.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.