Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:07 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Default *** 10.22 Auburn Hills, MI REVIEWS ***

10.22 Auburn Hills, MI.

REVIEWS ONLY! All other post will be deleted. If you did not attend this show you have no need to post in this thread.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

07.17.17 @ 12:27 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 6 Posts

I thought the show was much better than Saturday. You could hear Dave's vocals more clearly (That wasn't his fault on Saturday) and he sang well. Eddie did botch Unchained and I thought Panama was rough too. He came in early on Dance the Night Away, but they got it fixed. I noticed a lot of times his goofups come when he is interacting with Wolfgang too. His solo was much better than Saturday. Did the Women in Love intro, which he did not do at the Joe Louis show. Spoonful was back in place of Born Under a Bad sign. Good show. They seemed into it. Eddie needs to go wireless. he kept getting caught in his cord.

Favorite VH Album

fuck
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

10.08.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 46 Times in 33 Posts

Al Rocks A+.

Ed needs to come up with a decent solo: D- He rocked on the Songs though: B+

Dave Worked his butt off.
    Lets just throw a pound of weed in the fire place, f@#% it!

Proud owner: Purple Flame Ernie Ball Music Man Axis and a 5150 Combo Amp.

Last Online

10.19.15 @ 11:50 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

AWSOME!!!! This was even better than Saturdays show, and Ed's solo Kicked ass!!!! The sound guy did a much better job!

Favorite VH Album

fuck
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

10.08.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 46 Times in 33 Posts

I can't imagine how ANYONE could say that solo kicked ass. It was the worst I'd ever seen him do. I've seen him do hundreds on boots.
    Lets just throw a pound of weed in the fire place, f@#% it!

Proud owner: Purple Flame Ernie Ball Music Man Axis and a 5150 Combo Amp.

Last Online

08.18.15 @ 03:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A friend of mine emailed me. He's 26 and never had a chance to get into the early era of VH. Here's his short review:

This concert was the BEST concert I have ever seen in my life dude. We had floor seats, about 30 rows back, center. DLR was truly amazing, with his array of hats that he would throw out into the crowd. He always had a smile on his face and so much energy. EVH, unbelievable bro…his guitar solo lasted about 10 mins and my ears are still ringing. Keep an eye out for his shoes, red Chuck Taylors with the VH stripes on them. They played song after song, a non-stop barrage of VH classics for 2-solid hours. I was jumping around in the aisle the entire nite, the security losers hated me, ha. You will love it man. Alex’s drum solo lasted about 10 mins also, amazing. I have no voice & my ears are still ringing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Hagar
    "Where's Diamond... Is He around?".

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.29.07 @ 10:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I went to the show had 5th row of the pit row b.b. I bought 2 tickets yesterday from a broker for $140 a ticket . I thought the show was the best rock concert I have been to in a long long time
    and for sitting so close the sound was surprisingly very clear . They had very little crowd interaction and hardly used the catwalk but they rocked for over 2 hours playing all my favorites. They could of used some hot chicks in the front row for my eye candy alot of old 40 yr olds ha , im 36 ha. getting old.
    It was fun im glad I went. It was in my top 3 shows of all time much better than KISS , VH seemed to be really enjoying themselves on stage all smiles!

Top Of The World
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Simply put....not an ounce of disappointment.

Best Van Halen show I've ever been to.

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Unchained, HB
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 07:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Last night's show was better than Saturday, for sure. Ed's solo tonight was not the best I've seen, but it was MUCH MUCH better than Saturday night. The sound was cleaner, too. It was awesome to hear a little "Women in Love" in there. And the ultimate test for me, it made me cry. That's what's supposed to happen. I used to just bawl during his solos! (I'm such a girl). It wasn't to that point, but still better than Saturday.

LITTLE GUITARS!!!!!!!! Dammit I love that song!

It was great to see Dimoncutr and Interceptor after the show. Joe is a big teddy bear and so stinkin' cute, his avatar pic does not do him justice. Brooks is looking awesome and he has very nice arms, too. Love you guys!

Oh, and my phone didn't store the picture of us, so I hope yours did! Post! Post!

Shari
    Last edited by vh_chick; 10.23.07 at 07:34 AM.
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    July 9, 2004 - Mike pressed a guitar pick into my hand!
    "We're in the right place!" EVH @ The Joe in Detroit, July 10, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.
    "You found me again!" - Mike to me in Detroit, Nov. 2, 2007

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

09.30.17 @ 09:32 PM
    Liked 97 Times in 15 Posts

I thought the show was excellent. Was there a few sour notes? Of course...but no show on earth is ever perfect regardless of who's playing. The test for me came when Eddie played the solos in each song. Unlike the 2004 reunion tour, Eddie played almost all of them perfectly. He nailed "Hot For Teacher" virtually note-for-note. That's a great solo, so to see it done to perfection was awesome. His 10 minute guitar solo was so-so. I've seen Eddie perform better, I've seen him perform worse. In the end, it's how he played the songs that mattered most of all. And he performed those admirably.

Like a couple of others mentioned previously, they didn't use the catwalk much (Dave walked on it twice, Wolfie once)...and Eddie needs to go wireless again. He couldn't use the catwalk because his guitar cord kept him limited to the main stage and it did occasionally get tangled around him.

Like everyone else, I truly missed Michael Anthony. He's definitely a better bass player and his backing vocals were missed. However, I'm thinking his absence might actually help the band in the long run. Eddie looked happier on stage than I've seen him for years. You could tell he really enjoyed interacting with Wolfie. Furthermore, Eddie actually had his act together for the entire show. He wasn't visibly drunk. He wasn't fucking up his solo's. He wasn't standing off to the side of the stage by himself. It actually appeared as if he was happy to be playing live once again. If Wolfie can keep Eddie straight, in the end, that might be the best thing we can hope for when it comes to inspiring Eddie to create (and play) new music.

Overall, great show. A-

*EDIT - Oh, I forgot to mention, the biggest disappointment I had during the show was while they were playing "Little Guitars". I had been waiting to hear that song live again for YEARS! I haven't seen them play it since the 1984 tour. I was sooooooooo looking forward to seeing Eddie bring out his mini-Les Paul and jam on the song. Alas, he performed the song on his Frankenstrat. That kind of bummed me out a bit. It was probably the only time during the show I was actually disappointed. Oh well.
    Last edited by Ineedalogin; 10.23.07 at 08:09 AM.

Last Online

05.03.08 @ 09:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool!!!

Last Online

10.11.16 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

Another good show got about 22 minutes of video I am loading it on my computer right now need to compress it and upload to youtube will have it on either tonight or tomorrow.

Looks like its time to save of some dough for the Vegas shows

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

07.10.12 @ 10:35 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree with all the reviews. I barely have the words to describe how incredible this show was. In-fucking-credible.

We did the ILAA 5* and I don't regret that for a second. Hung out with Interceptor (hey Brooks!! ) and you are right Shari, he has awesome arms. Our seats were 5th row, center stage - awesome.

The boys sounded flat-out amazing - for all the talk over the years about how Dave can't sing any more, can't scream, etc., I thought his voice was in top shape. The boys all look fit and HOT and even Wolf is damn cute. He pointed at me and smiled during "Pretty Woman" and I was flying high the rest of the night (as if I wasn't already). He is a cutie and an incredible musician. Mike's energy and attitude was missed, to be sure, but Wolf has the bass parts and backup vocals down pat - the music didn't suffer at all from Mike's absence. For a 16 year old kid he is unbelievable. Wolfie I'd hang with you any day!

As someone whose room was wall-to-wall DLR posters and pics in my teens, to be able to be that close to him and see him just tearing it up both vocally and physically was the experience of a lifetime. He is still the ultimate sex god.

Ed's solo was great - nothing super innovative, but great technique and emotion. The one point where he seemed to fuck up and sounded kinda out of tune, he just stuck out his tongue, went "bleh, WTF," laughed, and kept going. That was way cool!

All in all they could have played for 2 more hours and it wouldn't have been enough for me. I didn't want the night to end.

Brooks it was great hangin' with ya, hope we get to do it again soon. And a shout-out to the Linkers Lurker I talked to during the break between Ky-Mani and VH, great talking with you as well. Everyone inside the ramp was great - thanks for making it fun! Awesome show, I will be flying high for weeks!!

Melissa

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

07.10.12 @ 10:35 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by venom View Post
    They could of used some hot chicks in the front row for my eye candy alot of old 40 yr olds ha , im 36 ha. getting old.
    I resemble that.

Even my husband got tired of that one girl Dave kept flirting with. There were many hotter chicks than her inside the ramp. They should have put me in the front row in place of some of those guys. HA HA

Ed noticed my Frankenstein shirt and smiled and gave me a "yeah," though, so I'm happy.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

11.29.07 @ 10:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

are you talking about the girl with the black curly hair in the front row WHO Dave said something about a booty call about?
    I was a couple rows behind her I thought they could of found someone hotter to put on that big t.v.