Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

11.09.17 @ 08:16 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default '74 Vintage Phase 90 from Dunlop...

Coming soon from Dunlop

Coveted by both players and collectors—the MXR Phase 90 set
    the benchmark for phasers, with its thick and rich tone. Our
    in-house work horse, purchased in 1974 by Dunlop Senior
    Engineer Bob Cedro, was meticulously spec’d and recreated as
    the '74 Vintage Phase 90. The hand-wired board features select
    resistors paired with hand-matched FETs to achieve the same
    smooth and warm modulation as the original. The '74 Vintage
    Phase 90 comes housed in the classic orange finished box and is
    adorned with the unmistakable Script logo. Available only from the
    MXR Custom Shop.

DESCRIPTION
    - Hand-wired circuit board built with original-spec 1974 components
    - Original high-quality Switchcraft Input/Output Jacks and Carling bypass switch
    - Hand-selected FETs, matched to produce deep and rich phasing
    - Original Script logo and smooth orange finish
    - Looks, sounds, and wired like it was in 1974!

Color me excited. I ordered one from the guy who posted this at Harmony Central.
    'If it sounds good, it is good.'

EVH

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

i already use an old 70's mxr phase90, i stole it from my dad years ago...its got no orange paint left on it and looks like its been run over a couple of times but it still sounds great and has never let me down once....i'll never use anything else...but i would consider buying 1 of these as a backup
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

11.09.17 @ 08:16 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by tommywho5150 View Post
    i already use an old 70's mxr phase90, i stole it from my dad years ago...its got no orange paint left on it and looks like its been run over a couple of times but it still sounds great and has never let me down once....i'll never use anything else...but i would consider buying 1 of these as a backup
    The Street Price is $120.00-130.00; so for a few extra dollars over the Custom Shop Script Logo Phase, and the same price or cheaper than the EVH I think it's the way to go. It just goes to show you that making it this way isn't very expensive when you consider the insides of this one look indentical to the original from what I can remember.
    'If it sounds good, it is good.'

EVH

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

11.05.07 @ 08:16 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

These things are really popular. I'm carrying these in my store and got my first orders last week. They've already sold out and I'm trying to get another 24 this week. And Dunlop hasn't even done a press release yet!

Anyway, I snagged one for my personal board. I clicked it in a few times at an acoustic gig this past Friday and have to say it sounds fantastic. I use a looper, DD-20 and boost pedal to lay down rhythms and solo. On Wish You Were Here the 74VP 90 really killed. I also kicked it in between vocal passages on a few songs just to switch things up a bit.

I've only used it with my electric in my studio, but I have to say it sounds great before or after OD. Very EVH with humbuckers (though I don't have a genuine PAF like he does; or the skill for that matter).

I'm planning to install a true bypass switch in one and keep one stock. The SPDT Carling switch is true to '74 specs (everything about the pedal is) and you do loose a bit of high end any time the pedal is in the chain. A good buffer can temper the tone loss, but it's still there.

Overall it's a really warm and transparent phaser. I get a very natural sound out of it; which is funny to say when you consider that phasing isn't really a natural thing to do to a guitar.
    My Store: http://www.PRMusicSupply.com MJM Guitar Effects, Phoenix Custom Electronics, MXR Custom Shop, Hendrix Signature, George L's, and more.
    My Music: http://www.myspace.com/dseger