Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Save
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I dunno, they really didn't seem like much to me at the time, but the more i think about it, the more i do believe that the reunion is gonna be with hagar.. These are some of the comments made.
    "Right now, we gotta do the songs that mikey knows." "We can't loose mikey!" "I lost mikey for 5 years, and I can't loose him again." Some people from the crowd yell eddie eddie sam says, "I really wish i could help you out with that right now, but we have micheal anthony." Someone from the crows yells to mike, "hey, get sammy back in van halen." Mike: "I'm trying, don't worry."--- That last quote may have been worded differently, but it had the same meaning.. And if the person is on the forums who screamed it out, and got that response from mike, you can correct me on what was exactly said that night... Now there was no bad talkin' to eddie.. The only bad talking was about dave, and mike seemed to laugh it up with sam. Although, i agree with the majority here. I would have wanted to see van halen with dave, cause come on, it would just be fuckin' awesome.. That is a reunion that is just well overdue.. Sammy with planet us, and maybe a better effort on his solo cd's. Not 4 sale, just disappointed me. And also, maybe a van hagar reunion after they do the greatest hits tour with dave.. The thought of both of them touring would have been awesome, but i don't see that happening.. Who would play what songs, it would be like two different shows.. Its hard to combine van hagar with van halen.. It really is... I do know this, sammy will make some kick ass music if he is back with the boys.. It will sound new, fresh, and kick a lot of ass... I would buy that cd in a fuckin' second.. They haven't worked with each other in awhile, and sam gets into writing as soon as he gets excited.. He get's his creativity back.. When things are starting to change, i think that's when sammy looses his spark.. Which would leave me to believe, that not 4 sale, will be his last cd with the waborita's. I also, have noticed at the beginning of the tour, sammy's band looked very happy on stage, even when doing van halen material. Toward the end of the tour, they didn't look that into the van halen stuff.. Kinda had a going through the motions look to them, and it was kind of weird that i noticed that.. Anyways, the above quotes are facts, you can listen to the bootleg that is floating around if you don't believe me.. I'm sorry that i added some opinion, and speculation to this post, but it was just things that i have been thinking about during this whole situation. Now as far as dave is concerned, i think he too also makes incredible music with van halen, and seriously, only with van halen. I do dig some solo material, but it ain't no van halen. Sammy's post stuff was pretty damn good, especially voa, but again, no van halen.. I think eddie has a way of making the vocalist try harder, because hell he is eddie van halen, and you know the singers wanna give their all to impress him... I think sammy was willing to be open to more things, where dave is limited, and knows what he likes to sing.. Changing daves mind about things, seems to be hard.. I'm not saying sammy is an easy person to work with either, but he seems to be the more flexable type of person... Where if eddie threw dave over a song, he either wouldn't like it, or would love it.. Where if eddie threw sammy a tune, sammy might not like it at first, but would work with ed to make it fit to both of their likings.. Sorry again, for my opinions, and speculation.. I'm off, sorry for the rant..

~Matt
    "And my loves got no rain check baby!"-DLR

Last Online

08.25.16 @ 11:11 PM
    Liked 97 Times in 56 Posts

Donor

Loose lips sink ships... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They are good friends and I am sure that Mike does want Sammy to return. BUT do the brothers?

Good lookin' out though!
    DDLR WEBMASTER<br /><a href="http://www.diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">www.diamonddavidleeroth.com</a><br /><br />Also check out <a href="http://www.rayluzier.com" target="_blank">www.rayluzier.com</a> for all DLR BAND updates

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Best Of (cop out answer)
    Favorite VH Song

A Year To The Day
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They are good friends and I am sure that Mike does want Sammy to return. BUT do the brothers?
    IMO I think that Eddie would love to release new music right now. I think he realizes that the band was very successful with Hagar and the writing chemistry was there. If I were the brothers Hagar would be at the top of my list now that Roth hasn't worked out.
    "Right Now.....Mike is thinking about a solo project."<br /><br />"Victory has a thousand fathers. Defeat is an orphan."

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

The Full Bug
    Last Online

10.12.15 @ 04:43 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts

It's still a 50/50 chance for either with me and I'm not going to get all excited until I hear it from Ed's mouth.
    Could this be magic?

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

09.23.16 @ 10:35 AM
    Liked 188 Times in 107 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Okay, two minor, good intentioned bitchs from me, dude. Don't take them too seriously. First, use the bleepin enter key and make some paragraphs. That was a tough read.

Second, it's loses, not looses. Lose means lost, loose is what your mother is

Just kidding, I really couldn't resist. I take it back, don't want to piss anyone off.

To the topic, I've said it before, I'll say it again, it is 100% up to Ed. Mikey wants it, Sammy wants it, and I would think Al would go along with Ed, since Al is probably the single most irrelevant piece of that band, and he's got to know that. If Ed wants it, it happens. End of story.

On a different but related note. I really think NOW is a good time for Ed to shit or get off the pot. There are now two former singers who are recently on the record as wanting a reunite. It's time for Ed to step up and lay out what he wants, or what the hold up is. Even if it's "can't think with all the personal BS right now", it's time. I've been on the respect his silence bandwagon, but there are new developments (Sam WANTING back) that need to be addressed.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As I indicated in another post Brad shot down the rumor that Eddie will be in Cabo next month. However, since Brad was in a responding mood, I e-mailed another question asking if there was any truth to the Sammy coming back rumors. Brad did not responb to this.

Could mean nothing, could mean something...

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

03.12.16 @ 02:59 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

First of all, I don't think it matters that Ed won't be in Cabo next month. He is taking care of Wolfgang while Valerie is in Utah filming Touched By An Angel. All I know is the facts:

ROTH ABSOLUTELY SUCKED ON TOUR THIS SUMMER!!!!!!!

Sammy kicked his ass. It wasn't even close. It is time for dave to release his next solo cd and title it "Stick A Fork In Me Cause I'm Done".

To Ed, and Al: BRING BACK THE RED ROCKER!!!!!!!!
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by atomicpunk5150:
    All I know is the facts:

Drop me a PM, let me throw the Camden NJ show at ya and tell me the same opinon. I have 2 other shows that beg to differ.

Sammy kicked his ass. It wasn't even close. It is time for dave to release his next solo cd and title it "Stick A Fork In Me Cause I'm Done".
    Not 4 Sale is not going to light up the sky man. If they choose Sammy, fine. I am sure that 99% of the Roth fans would go. But there is NO WAY that Sammy dominated those shows.
    DDLR WEBMASTER<br /><a href="http://www.diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">www.diamonddavidleeroth.com</a><br /><br />Also check out <a href="http://www.rayluzier.com" target="_blank">www.rayluzier.com</a> for all DLR BAND updates

Last Online

01.02.16 @ 11:19 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by atomicpunk5150:
    All I know is the facts:

which show did you see?
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 12:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK, I loved the Dave years and I really liked the Sammy years, but IMO both Dave and Sammy look like a couple of has-beens lately. They are all but begging for a reunion. Personally, I think Eddie should probably either 1)hang it up, 2)find a new singer or 3)go solo. Having said that, I want some new Van Halen ASAP and if bringing Dave or Sammy back makes that happen, I won't be complaining. If that were to happen, even though I like the Dave years better, I hope they bring Sammy back. Dave will NEVER change (nor should he) and I just can't see Eddie putting up with him for any length of time. On the other hand, I could see Eddie and Sammy reconcile and make it last for a while. So somewhat relunctantly I say bring back Sammy . . . but do it SOON!
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't bother, SpanishFlyGuy. Anybody who says that Dave completely sucked on that tour either:

1) never went to a show

or

2) never liked Dave to begin with.

The fact is that whether you liked either guy or both, both guys put out a decent show. I thought Dave was better. I'm biased that way. But I wasn't so biased as to say Sammy sucked. I may not have liked it, but Sammy put on a show his fans could be happy with. No doubt.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.26.07 @ 10:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is it the trendy thing now to jump on the Sammy ship and diss Dave as a has been?
    Did I miss something? In all seriousness, I saw both Sam and Dave twice in the tour, and though they were both doing great. Sammy's good at doing the working man's happy hour schtick, while Dave brought back the high kicks, and (not so high) screams to the forefront.
    They both sang their asses off. Sammy still has a very strong voice and masters it, while Dave is ... well, he's Dave.
    I'm a big Dave fan, but I have to admit that I'm having a bit of a problem envisionning a DLR reunion right now. On the other hand I also have hard feelings against Sam.

I think I'll be happy to give singer #4 a chance.
    This time this better be really good!
    My first time in the spotlight was from a helicopter.

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

03.12.16 @ 02:59 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

I saw the Hartford, Ct show. Dave was completely off the mark. His vocals were completely out of time with the music. The guy forgot the words to "You Really Got Me", I mean come on!!! It was completely embarassing. I feel bad for the guys who backed him up because they were outstanding (especially Brian Young, with the exception of "Eruption"). The greatest crowd reaction of Dave's entire set was when he did his stupid martial arts crap during "Jump". That might have impressed me back in '84-'85 but not now, I'm a grown man for god's sake. I missed a portion of Sam's set but what I did see was tight. Sammy's voice was outstanding, especially considering he is 7 years older than Dave. The real achilles heal in Sammy's live show is without a doubt Vic Johnson, the guy can't play EVH to save his life!

As far as Sammy's new CD not breaking any ground and lighting any fires under anyones ass, I know this without even heaing any of it...It will be better than the DLR Band CD which in my opinion sucked!

I never got to see VH with Roth and really looked forward to seeing those legendary songs performed live by Dave this summer, but to me it was a complete let down. Somethings are better left to memory and that is Van Halen - Mach I. Dave does NOT have the high note, and from the neck up the guy looks older than Neil Diamond. Edward has always said that Vh is not a nostaglia band. I hope Ed realizes that he and Sammy couls still make great "New" music together (yes I do like Sam's post-VH solo material). With Dave, even going out there and playing for old times sake would be an embarassment to "classic" Van Halen.

Right Now, It is time to move forward.
    Right Now, Sammy sounds as good as ever.
    Right Now, Edward needs to pick up the phone.
    Right Now, it's time for Dave to go back to Vegas.
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Last Online

01.02.16 @ 11:19 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by SpanishFly Guy:
    If they choose Sammy, fine. I am sure that 99% of the Roth fans would go. But there is NO WAY that Sammy dominated those shows.
    well...let me be the first to say i'm in the 1% that's not going...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10