Favorite VH Album

All of em
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible to name only one
    Last Online

01.08.17 @ 09:19 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Ted Nugent calls Wolfgang fat

You're right - you walk into a restaurant these days, especially in the states, and the portions are disgusting.

"Yes, and you know what, Martin, I don't know how you can convey this in your article. I'm sure you will do it with some sincerity and aplomb, but I watched the VAN HALEN press conference on the Internet. And I just have nothing but glowing admiration for Alex, just a superlative virtuoso, and Eddie, maybe one of the top two or three musical geniuses who ever lived, and David is just the quintessential showman, clever guy, great vocalist, true soulful rocker. But there's Eddie's son - is he only like... what, 17?! And he's got blubber?! The kid is fat. And I'll tell you why. The same abandonment - which is the number one crime against your soul - the abandonment of discipline that allows Eddie to rationalize smoking cigarettes, or all those years of the drugs and the alcohol. It's the same abandonment of parental discipline that allows his own child to become unhealthy and blubberous. And I find that just damnable. If I was his dad, I would put that motherf**ker on a treadmill and I would watch what Mr. Hand is bringing up to Mr. Fat Face."

Here's the full interview. http://www.hardradio.com/views/nugent2-1.php3

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

van halen I / fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 10:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VHwasCoolestWithDLR View Post
    You're right - you walk into a restaurant these days, especially in the states, and the portions are disgusting.

"Yes, and you know what, Martin, I don't know how you can convey this in your article. I'm sure you will do it with some sincerity and aplomb, but I watched the VAN HALEN press conference on the Internet. And I just have nothing but glowing admiration for Alex, just a superlative virtuoso, and Eddie, maybe one of the top two or three musical geniuses who ever lived, and David is just the quintessential showman, clever guy, great vocalist, true soulful rocker. But there's Eddie's son - is he only like... what, 17?! And he's got blubber?! The kid is fat. And I'll tell you why. The same abandonment - which is the number one crime against your soul - the abandonment of discipline that allows Eddie to rationalize smoking cigarettes, or all those years of the drugs and the alcohol. It's the same abandonment of parental discipline that allows his own child to become unhealthy and blubberous. And I find that just damnable. If I was his dad, I would put that motherf**ker on a treadmill and I would watch what Mr. Hand is bringing up to Mr. Fat Face."

coming from ted he has a point.... as he is not simply trashing the son for no reason....

it IS a chronic problem in north america....

but as a canadian, i notice a HUGE difference in the eating habits AND portions when i am down at our house in naples.... the size / price of the meal portions in unbelievable....

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

09.07.08 @ 10:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's the same abandonment of parental discipline that allows his own child to become unhealthy and blubberous. And I find that just damnable.
    Amen, but I'm sure the mother had as much OR more to do with it, women are weak and heaven forbid that they say no to a child.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad. It Jamz!!!
    Last Online

04.11.13 @ 12:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow! Mr. Nugent should be wearing a cup by now! What an asshole! He has no right to call Wolfie out like that in the media. Lets all remember that Wolf is just a kid that happens to be EVH's son. Its one thing to say "I saw a fat kid and I think its gross" but damn that dude has no respect for anyone. I dont know much about Nugent( because his music sucks) but he openly admitted to sleeping with chics Wolfies age. He needs to take a look at himself in the mirror before he calls Eddie or his son out like that.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

van halen I / fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 10:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Len75 View Post
    Wow! Mr. Nugent should be wearing a cup by now! What an asshole! He has no right to call Wolfie out like that in the media. Lets all remember that Wolf is just a kid that happens to be EVH's son. Its one thing to say "I saw a fat kid and I think its gross" but damn that dude has no respect for anyone. I dont know much about Nugent( because his music sucks) but he openly admitted to sleeping with chics Wolfies age. He needs to take a look at himself in the mirror before he calls Eddie or his son out like that.
    yes he could have been a kinder, gentler ted.... lol

but you know what, canada and america NEED to be called out now.... for a whole host of issues but seriously, we are all going to be paying dearly for this in the coming decades....

we are an overwieght, unhealthy, sedate group in north america and it is unprecedented....

so a bit of simon cowell-ness wont hurt....

the truth is we dont take diet nor health seriously as a society then expect everyone else to pick up the pieces and tolerate the results

Favorite VH Album

VHI, VHII, WACF, Fair Warning
    Last Online

09.04.08 @ 07:01 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

10.23.07 @ 06:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Len75 View Post
    I concur. Ted Nugent is a monumental asshole. Talk about chronic over eating in general terms, fine. But don't call out a kid like that...a famous kid who is arguably in a less than envious situation in many respects. There was absolutely no need to call out Wolfgang by name. That was just rude. I would love to hear Wolfgang come out now and say, "Yeah, I'm a big kid, but Ted Nugent is a fucking asshole."
    "They peed on your fucking rug."

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cat man99 View Post

but you know what, canada and america NEED to be called out now.... for a whole host of issues but seriously, we are all going to be paying dearly for this in the coming decades....

we are an overwieght, unhealthy, sedate group in north america and it is unprecedented....

the truth is we dont take diet nor health seriously as a society then expect everyone else to pick up the pieces and tolerate the results
    Thank you. Ted has a solid point, and yes the way it was delivered could have been a tad "kinder and gentler". But the fact remains: the boy is overweight, as are hundreds of thousands in this country. There is simply no denying this.

Nugent did not offer this comment in a "nyah, nah, nyah, nah-nah" sort of way. He offered a valid commentary with a firm, if humorous grasp,on parental responsibility. Unfortunately, with the manner in which it was delivered, it opens the door to folk now taking pot shots at Nugent and completely missing the relevance of the points made.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 10.19.07 at 05:48 PM.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Eruption
    Last Online

07.14.10 @ 09:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cat man99 View Post

I agree 100%.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad. It Jamz!!!
    Last Online

04.11.13 @ 12:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Thank you. Ted has a solid point, and yes the way it was delivered could have been a tad kinder and gentler. But the fact remains: the boy is overweight, as are hundreds of thousands in this country. There is simply no denying this.

Nugent did not offer this comment in a "nyah, nah, nyah, nah-nah" sort of way. He offered a valid commentary with a firm, if humorous grasp,on parental responsibility. Unfortunately, with the manner in which it was delivered, it opens the door to folk now taking pot shots at Nugent and completely missing the relevance of the points made.
    I read what Ted had to say. If he wants to be out of line , be an asshole(a dirty one) and justify it by explaining genetics which he has absouletly no knowledge of( remember he is a guitar player and an Elmer Fudd) then I guess its ok!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 1,387 Times in 761 Posts

You can understand how underpriviledged kids eating junk food become fat.
    But WVH has access to the best food, sport facilities, personal trainer, etc. money can buy. There is no reason for a kid like that to be fat... other than below average parenting. I mean the way EVH called him out on Stern definitely could've driven him to eat. If my dad had talked on live radio about my "balls dropping," I would've eaten too!
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

09.16.13 @ 02:25 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow. I really think Ed is going to kick Ted's ass. I'd be very nervous talking about Ed's family like that. It was harsh and Ed knows Ted.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 6,697 Times in 3,717 Posts

Ted's right about society in general.

Ted's an a-hole for picking on Ed's kid to get him some more press - how bout making a record Ted? Or going on tour perhaps? You are a musician right? One could easily pick apart Ted's lifestyle as well but I won't. Suffice to say, I'm sure Ted wouldn't like someone ripping on a teenage member of his family just to get some press. Pretty classless move.

I have no problem with his taking shots at Ed - he's a grown man. It takes a very little man to rip on a kid.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by it's me View Post
    ...Ted's an a-hole for picking on Ed's kid to get him some more press - how bout making a record Ted? Or going on tour perhaps? You are a musician right?
    Nugent released "Love Grenade" less than a month ago (9/24/07), braniac.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 6,697 Times in 3,717 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Nugent released "Love Grenade" less than a month ago (9/24/07), braniac.
    well maybe he should be talking more about that big hit cd and less about Ed's kid. Apparently the cd needs all the press it can get - see below.

(Sales figures, however, have been low, with the album only selling 3,600 copies in its first week, landing it at #186 on the Billboard Magazine Top 200 Chart).

It's a classless move - no other way of really looking at it.