Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 08:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Van Halen So Cal Flakery

Don't take this the wrong way but is anyone else frustrated with the amateurish handling of all things VH related from the band? Such as...

*The Pleasure Dome will be back bigger and better than ever.." (still waiting)
    *Updated website in Semptember 07 (it's Oct 18th....)
    *New merchandise coming soon on the website (tour started a month ago)
    *Postponement of a show 1 month into the tour due to logistics? (what changed since the booking??)
    *No marketing/promotional appearance for tour on TV or print (hey guys...the fans might want to hear from you more than every 23 years)
    *Removing Mikes picture from the albums on the website (quickly changed but... really??? what point we you making?)

Some of you are going to blast me but I don't care. People who love this band and have followed it through all of its encarnations derserve better. My opinion. Blast away!!
    Another life saved by girl on girl action--House

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:21 PM
    Liked 18,089 Times in 8,937 Posts

Ehh, they are on tour and sounded good, I really don't care about the other stuff. Maybe I am not a die-hard fan, but I belong to the "if it's good I'll buy it, if it isn't I won't" crowd.

The merchandise sucks? Well, I just won't buy it.

Pleasure Dome isn't up yet? Never was on it before anyway, so I just don't care.

Don't care whether they are on TV or in print, and since they are selling out or close to selling out every show so far, I don't think they need to.

They haven't cancelled the DC show, so that's what matters to me!

As for Mike's pictures, until we hear more, I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that it was some legal wrangling and nothing more. If not, ok, they are assholes, but Lars Ulrich seems like an ass, as do many rock stars, and if the show is good I'll still go and if the new disc is good still I'll buy it, whether they are asses or not.

My opinion. Blast away.

PS - we don't deserve better. We are a capitalist country, we vote with our pocketbooks. They aren't obligated to do anything for their fans, and we aren't obligated to eat it up if they throw us a bone.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 08:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hear your point. I get that they don't owe anybody anything but I would just like to see them act like they care about how they come off. Be a professional. They wouldn't have their fame and wealth without those of us who invest our time and money in their art. Be a professional. That's all I ask.
    Another life saved by girl on girl action--House

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

van halen I / fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 10:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vanhammersly View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way but is anyone else frustrated with the amateurish handling of all things VH related from the band? Such as...

*Postponement of a show 1 month into the tour due to logistics? (what changed since the booking??)
    *No marketing/promotional appearance for tour on TV or print (hey guys...the fans might want to hear from you more than every 23 years)
    *Removing Mikes picture from the albums on the website (quickly changed but... really??? what point we you making?)

Some of you are going to blast me but I don't care. People who love this band and have followed it through all of its encarnations derserve better. My opinion. Blast away!!

no need to blast at you -

i am a huge CVH fan and you have raised some valid points....

the part that gets me overall is back in the day (no comments on the geezer thread) lol the mighty van halen was an all out media machine.... the mags, the stages, the merch (hell even the tour books were awesome) it was like they could do no wrong and they basically laid waste to everything in their path....

cut to today -

i have seen them 2x.... better each time and had the time of my life.... but for all the younger, newer fans we are seeing a continuation of past few years of non-response to everything....

i am 'hoping' that this tour is some sort of therapeutic get to know each other again thing and that in the new year they can go forward as a new band with new music and a new, bigger than life tour....

could it be that so many promoters / etc. got burned by the last tour that there is simply not the $$$$ behind them at this point and that they have to prove themselves before the $$ backing is there.... hence nothing really to yap about at this point? just a thought....

Last Online

08.05.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

Way to focus on the negative!

THEY ARE ON TOUR!!!! Who gives a shit.

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

This guy has 10 posts so far and every one is negative....

We got another pot stirrer...Go get laid ,have a beer ...
    Does it REALLY bother ya that much...?
    We've seen 1000 posts like this already here..

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Too many to decide
    Last Online

10.08.15 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

no blasting, How long have you been a fan?? You should have learned many many many years ago, that Ed and AL, don't really care to make sure the fans get the best treatment. The only one that seemed to be fan friendly has just turned 60 and is on tour, go check him out. His name is Sammy Hagar.
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it. DLR

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Yeah, and be sure to wear the redhead gear....

lol...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Too many to decide
    Last Online

10.08.15 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE=cat man99;883667]no need to blast at you -

i am a huge CVH fan and you have raised some valid points....

the part that gets me overall is back in the day (no comments on the geezer thread) lol the mighty van halen was an all out media machine.... the mags, the stages, the merch (hell even the tour books were awesome) it was like they could do no wrong and they basically laid waste to everything in their path....

cut to today -

They don't need the hassle of promoting their name to every media outlet. All they needed to do was have one conference at the begining that they were coming together for a tour. Thats it. They must be making enough money off of ticket sales to not be whoring themselves out to every other outlet possible.

If they were to grant interviews, the questions are going to stir up too much BS that the band doesn't want to get into. Basically, they want to go out and play their old music live. I guess as CVH fans, we shouldn't complain.
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it. DLR

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 06:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No need to blast you; everything you're saying is correct and there are a lot of long-term fans that feel the same way. The bottom line is that everything the Van Halen band does depends on what Ed's frame of mind is. He doesn't like the press, so they don't really do interviews. He doesn't like doing promotion, so they don't do any. He's not interested in their website, so the site goes for years without activity.

The previous post was right...Ed and Al don't really give a shit what their audience thinks. They don't communicate with us for years on end, and yet, when they announce a tour and hit the road, the people come out in the thousands to see and hear them.

I've been following the band since the first album came out, and I agree that in the 70's and 80's (when they were a true working band), the promotional machine was well oiled. That was a hell of a lot of years ago, and it's not the same band anymore. They've already made it (years ago) and they don't have to play if they don't want to. Personally, I'm happy to be getting what we're getting right now, because I was sure for a long time that we'd never hear anything from them again.
    DEAD OR ALIVE!!!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DoHalen5150 View Post
    no blasting, How long have you been a fan?? You should have learned many many many years ago, that Ed and AL, don't really care to make sure the fans get the best treatment. The only one that seemed to be fan friendly has just turned 60 and is on tour, go check him out. His name is Sammy Hagar.
    ok ok just ONE of you poor souls who buys into his act just acknowledge that mr. sam is not the second coming....

hey he was just as much part of the van hagar machine as anyone else....

and if he cared so much about you, why did he have to basically lie throughout the tour about how wonderful the state of the world was only to trash the whole thing as soon as he had his money and it was over....

and hell while i am on my rant, LOL, any human being who inflicts either eagle's fly, or up for breakfast on the universe should be held accountable at the world court at the hague....

(the diffrence is all of us CVH fans dont need your prodding to agree that fiddle with the devil - a banjo tribute to vh was in the same boat....) LOL

God i love this place.... i'm having so much fun *grin*

ok continue on....

ok next topic - if larry birkhead and howard stern could be lovers amid a public feud, could that mean sam and dave cou- nahhhhhh.... could it?

*evilest of grins*

now i am off to check what 10 concerts van halen cancelled and what disease sam and mike just cured....

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:24 AM
    Liked 11,543 Times in 4,918 Posts

Cat Man, do you any take on VH that isn't Dave vs. Sam? Good grief, move on already, it's really freaking boring. Every post with you is the same thing...Dave rules, Sam sucks...CVH this, Van Hagar that...blah blah blah. You newbies need to get over stuff that most of us got bored with 5 years ago.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

10.19.15 @ 11:50 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

We finaly get a tour with Dave, and it's just not enough?
    Glass half empty!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Cat Man, do you any take on VH that isn't Dave vs. Sam? Good grief, move on already, it's really freaking boring. Every post with you is the same thing...Dave rules, Sam sucks...CVH this, Van Hagar that...blah blah blah. You newbies need to get over stuff that most of us got bored with 5 years ago.
    LMAO

yet keep perpetuating 5 years later....

dave doesnt rule nor sam sucks to me.... i prefer CVH for sure, having said that no one seems to hold accountable the hagar fans (i am actually a huge fan of sam the business man) yet i keep reading post after post with little bits thrown in from the hagar cult.... actually i dont need to get over anything, and i write all my posts with a smile....

hugs.... lol

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

Van Halen is known for flaking. It's about the only thing they've done consistently in the last fifteen years.