Register

Thread: STEVIE WONDER!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

01.15.14 @ 05:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default STEVIE WONDER!

Stevie Wonder..finally touring. Just announced a show for Toronto. In less than a month I will be downtown enjoying the one and only Stevie W.

Toronto ticketmaster presale code for today only is fingertips.

Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.10 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1 guy I'd love to see live. Love his music!

Favorite VH Album

Can you actually just pick 1?
    Favorite VH Song

Can you actually just pick 1?
    Last Online

04.21.16 @ 10:55 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Had the chance to see him when he played in Woodinville, WA (near Seattle) and it was a great show. One of those feel good shows, where he keeps you smiling with his music. I was just disappointed that he didn't do a drum solo as he had on some of the other nights; they even had a small drum kit set up for him.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:58 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Big Early Stevie fan...this is pretty cool.

Stevie Wonder - Superstition live on Sesame Street

"The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I am down with a Stevie concert.

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Tell me this guy wasn't the real deal. After a way too fast version of "For Once In My Life", Stevie regains the room with a dynamite version of "If You Really Love Me", taken at a soulfully slow/kicking hard tempo. His exchange with the female back-up singers is priceless, as he takes the band (and the audience) to church and school. Sadly, all versions of this video stop short before the ending.

Yet trust me, it's a great ride, even if incomplete.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Tell me this guy wasn't the real deal. After a way too fast version of "For Once In My Life", Stevie regains the room with a dynamite version of "If You Really Love Me"...trust me, it's a great ride, even if incomplete.
    Oh my GOSH! Love it! I hope someone finds the complete video for this. Thanks for posting, chef.

Stevie...I love Stevie Wonder. One of my all-time favorite albums is Songs In The Key Of Life. Such a creative tour de force. His greatest hits album is just killer. So much great stuff.

I could talk about this album for hours, but I'm only gonna bring up two things:
    1. Go listen to "Villiage Ghetto Land" right now and then watch the news. Tell me this song isn't relevant again with all the people losing their houses and moving to tent cities.
    2. "Summer Soft"...what a song! Each chorus, Stevie changes the key a half step. Then at the end, he does the chorus about five times, each time it modulates up a half step. It's is pure R&B/rock ecstacy...very cathartic, joyous, and uplifting. At the end of it, I'm just freaking out!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:09 AM
    Liked 135 Times in 99 Posts

I just bought the blu-ray of his recently released live concert Live at Last. It took place in october 2008 I believe. The performances as fantastic and it's got a ton of songs. Any Stevie fan should see it. It's ridiculous that his voice doesn't seem to have lost ANYTHING with age. I've never seen anything like that. Highly recommended though.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

I love the Bass in his stuff.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

5150,Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

5150,Women in Love
    Last Online

04.02.14 @ 04:23 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Damn,I would love to see him once. He is one of them "once in your life" must see's IMO.
    Good thing to know:
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,345 Times in 922 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Tell me this guy wasn't the real deal. After a way too fast version of "For Once In My Life", Stevie regains the room with a dynamite version of "If You Really Love Me", taken at a soulfully slow/kicking hard tempo. His exchange with the female back-up singers is priceless, as he takes the band (and the audience) to church and school. Sadly, all versions of this video stop short before the ending.

Yet trust me, it's a great ride, even if incomplete.

Don't see anything for what or where or when that's from, but got yer pre-Raydio, pre-"Ghostbusters" Ray Parker, Jr. on guitar!

Of course, since the early '80s, I can't think of Stevie without thinking of Eddie:

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

For those of us around when this tune first hit the airwaves in the seventies, the definitive version will always be the seven minute plus album version played on FM radio, as opposed to the shorter cut played on AM. The album track includes a remarkable segment that acts out the song's narrative thrust (a naive young man fresh from the cotton fields finds himself thrown into jail, minutes after stepping off the bus from his native Mississippi). This segment even includes sound effects in the dramatisation, and to say it was groundbreaking for 1973 is to damn the tune with faint praise. Sadly, due to the song's length, this segment was cut for the single with time conscious radio programmers in mind, who were also no doubt horrified by the use of the still sensitive word "N*****". Given the dramatic context of the tune, the use of the word was more than justified, yet was removed from the single along with the rest of the segment. This editing robbed the tune of some of it's emotional power, yet ultimately none of it's cultural significance.

For those that may have never heard this Stevie Wonder masterpiece in it's entirety, here is the full version of "Living For The City", from the Innervisions album, released in 1973.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,345 Times in 922 Posts

Great song, and a sad commentary of the times (hopefully things are better now...)