Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    01.02.04
    Posts
    126
    Last Online

    05.23.08 @ 09:45 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Line 6 Spider Valve - decent EVH Tones

    Quick clip of me playing some cliche EVH licks through the new Line 6 Spider Valve combo. it actually sounds pretty good and I can dial in some tones that are very close to my 5150 combo. Worth checking out if you like 5150s and want a similar tone in a much smaller and lighter package.


  2. #2
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    07.18.06
    Age
    46
    Location
    Sopranoville, NJ
    Posts
    2,406
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Very interesting! I just checked it out on Line6's site. I'm currently playing through an H&K Switchblade, which I love and which Line6 basically ripped off for the Spider Valve. But the only thing I didn't like about the Spiders was that there were no tubes. I've owned a few of them.

    Do you have one? If so, let's get a review. Thanks for posting.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

    “…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

    - Dewey Cox

  3. #3
    Good Enough EJC's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.30.04
    Age
    44
    Location
    Ocean County, NJ
    Posts
    1,889
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 01:24 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 732 Times in 296 Posts

    Default

    Sounds great man... Designed with Bogner... I've had a Spider II head running through a Peavey 412 that has sounded great and not given me one problem in almost 4 years... It is so quiet, I can stand right in front of the amp with my guitar wide open and there is no hiss/static at all. I may check out the new Line 6 with tubes when the head version comes out...

  4. #4
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    07.18.06
    Age
    46
    Location
    Sopranoville, NJ
    Posts
    2,406
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfmarsh View Post
    Quick clip of me playing some cliche EVH licks through the new Line 6 Spider Valve combo. it actually sounds pretty good and I can dial in some tones that are very close to my 5150 combo. Worth checking out if you like 5150s and want a similar tone in a much smaller and lighter package.

    I just PMed you. Check it out. Thanks.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

    “…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

    - Dewey Cox

  5. #5
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    10.25.07
    Posts
    35
    Last Online

    04.23.08 @ 12:48 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    The Line6 stuff can pull it off good. Mine does a great job.

  6. #6
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    07.18.06
    Age
    46
    Location
    Sopranoville, NJ
    Posts
    2,406
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    just got my 2X12 combo last night and spect about an hour with it. It's going to take some tweaking, but it does sound promising.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

    “…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

    - Dewey Cox

  7. #7
    Eruption rolsguitars's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.18.01
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    858
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About it later
    Last Online

    01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfmarsh View Post
    Quick clip of me playing some cliche EVH licks through the new Line 6 Spider Valve combo. it actually sounds pretty good and I can dial in some tones that are very close to my 5150 combo. Worth checking out if you like 5150s and want a similar tone in a much smaller and lighter package.


    So what is your take on the Spider valve ?? I'm thinking of getting the head but what do you think of the combo ? does 40 watts have enough balls ?
    does it have external jack for another cab ? and last but not least how are the presets ?
    sorry for all the questions .

  8. #8
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    01.02.04
    Posts
    126
    Last Online

    05.23.08 @ 09:45 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rolsguitars View Post
    So what is your take on the Spider valve ?? I'm thinking of getting the head but what do you think of the combo ? does 40 watts have enough balls ?
    does it have external jack for another cab ? and last but not least how are the presets ?
    sorry for all the questions .
    Hey Rol,

    I think the 40 watts is plenty, and since the head will be 100 it will way be more than enough. Keep in mind this is a VERY LOUD 40 watts. When I have gigged with it I have had the master fully up and haven't had to put the channel volume past 11 oclock and it got over my drummer easily who is an ANIMAL. It also has a big cab for a 1x12 so the bottom end is not lacking at all. It does have an external speaker jack and I have put it through both a Marshall 1940 4x12 and a Marshall 1922 and it sounds even better with the sound spread out a bit. The presets are so so, not great but you can tweak them and find some very good tones easily. The Amber metal model is my favorite, very 5150 like which is what Im used to playing. Its not that expensive compared to a lot of all tube amps out there, and while it doesnt sound/feel 100% like an all tube amp it gets closer than any of the Line 6 stuff or other modelers have, id say at least 95-97% there which for $700 bucks could be worth checking out

  9. #9
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    07.18.06
    Age
    46
    Location
    Sopranoville, NJ
    Posts
    2,406
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfmarsh View Post
    Hey Rol,

    I think the 40 watts is plenty, and since the head will be 100 it will way be more than enough. Keep in mind this is a VERY LOUD 40 watts. When I have gigged with it I have had the master fully up and haven't had to put the channel volume past 11 oclock and it got over my drummer easily who is an ANIMAL. It also has a big cab for a 1x12 so the bottom end is not lacking at all. It does have an external speaker jack and I have put it through both a Marshall 1940 4x12 and a Marshall 1922 and it sounds even better with the sound spread out a bit. The presets are so so, not great but you can tweak them and find some very good tones easily. The Amber metal model is my favorite, very 5150 like which is what Im used to playing. Its not that expensive compared to a lot of all tube amps out there, and while it doesnt sound/feel 100% like an all tube amp it gets closer than any of the Line 6 stuff or other modelers have, id say at least 95-97% there which for $700 bucks could be worth checking out
    Ditto on the 212 combo. My bassplayer has an insane SWR rig and our drummer hits real hard. They were both sceptical of the 40 watts at first, but I haven't had to turn it past 11 o'clock either.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

    “…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

    - Dewey Cox

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Opinions on Epiphone Valve jr?
    By ChrisTheEdHead in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08.28.07, 06:51 PM
  2. Line 6 Spider II vs. VOX AD30VT
    By KA$H in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07.29.06, 06:49 PM
  3. Line 6 Spider II Flex II combine?
    By Big Dainjerus in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02.01.05, 10:25 AM
  4. Question about my Line 6 112 spider
    By space4rent5150 in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05.06.02, 06:50 AM
  5. forget Spider-Man .. THIS is a real spider flick coming soon!
    By hain23x in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02.16.02, 01:11 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •