Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.23.08 @ 09:45 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Line 6 Spider Valve - decent EVH Tones

Quick clip of me playing some cliche EVH licks through the new Line 6 Spider Valve combo. it actually sounds pretty good and I can dial in some tones that are very close to my 5150 combo. Worth checking out if you like 5150s and want a similar tone in a much smaller and lighter package.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Very interesting! I just checked it out on Line6's site. I'm currently playing through an H&K Switchblade, which I love and which Line6 basically ripped off for the Spider Valve. But the only thing I didn't like about the Spiders was that there were no tubes. I've owned a few of them.

Do you have one? If so, let's get a review. Thanks for posting.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:24 PM
    Liked 732 Times in 296 Posts

Sounds great man... Designed with Bogner... I've had a Spider II head running through a Peavey 412 that has sounded great and not given me one problem in almost 4 years... It is so quiet, I can stand right in front of the amp with my guitar wide open and there is no hiss/static at all. I may check out the new Line 6 with tubes when the head version comes out...

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmarsh View Post
    Quick clip of me playing some cliche EVH licks through the new Line 6 Spider Valve combo. it actually sounds pretty good and I can dial in some tones that are very close to my 5150 combo. Worth checking out if you like 5150s and want a similar tone in a much smaller and lighter package.

I just PMed you. Check it out. Thanks.

- Dewey Cox

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

04.23.08 @ 12:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Line6 stuff can pull it off good. Mine does a great job.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

just got my 2X12 combo last night and spect about an hour with it. It's going to take some tweaking, but it does sound promising.

- Dewey Cox

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So what is your take on the Spider valve ?? I'm thinking of getting the head but what do you think of the combo ? does 40 watts have enough balls ?
    does it have external jack for another cab ? and last but not least how are the presets ?
    sorry for all the questions .

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.23.08 @ 09:45 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rolsguitars View Post
    So what is your take on the Spider valve ?? I'm thinking of getting the head but what do you think of the combo ? does 40 watts have enough balls ?
    does it have external jack for another cab ? and last but not least how are the presets ?
    sorry for all the questions .
    Hey Rol,

I think the 40 watts is plenty, and since the head will be 100 it will way be more than enough. Keep in mind this is a VERY LOUD 40 watts. When I have gigged with it I have had the master fully up and haven't had to put the channel volume past 11 oclock and it got over my drummer easily who is an ANIMAL. It also has a big cab for a 1x12 so the bottom end is not lacking at all. It does have an external speaker jack and I have put it through both a Marshall 1940 4x12 and a Marshall 1922 and it sounds even better with the sound spread out a bit. The presets are so so, not great but you can tweak them and find some very good tones easily. The Amber metal model is my favorite, very 5150 like which is what Im used to playing. Its not that expensive compared to a lot of all tube amps out there, and while it doesnt sound/feel 100% like an all tube amp it gets closer than any of the Line 6 stuff or other modelers have, id say at least 95-97% there which for $700 bucks could be worth checking out

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Rol,

I think the 40 watts is plenty, and since the head will be 100 it will way be more than enough. Keep in mind this is a VERY LOUD 40 watts. When I have gigged with it I have had the master fully up and haven't had to put the channel volume past 11 oclock and it got over my drummer easily who is an ANIMAL. It also has a big cab for a 1x12 so the bottom end is not lacking at all. It does have an external speaker jack and I have put it through both a Marshall 1940 4x12 and a Marshall 1922 and it sounds even better with the sound spread out a bit. The presets are so so, not great but you can tweak them and find some very good tones easily. The Amber metal model is my favorite, very 5150 like which is what Im used to playing. Its not that expensive compared to a lot of all tube amps out there, and while it doesnt sound/feel 100% like an all tube amp it gets closer than any of the Line 6 stuff or other modelers have, id say at least 95-97% there which for $700 bucks could be worth checking out
    Ditto on the 212 combo. My bassplayer has an insane SWR rig and our drummer hits real hard. They were both sceptical of the 40 watts at first, but I haven't had to turn it past 11 o'clock either.

- Dewey Cox