Favorite VH Album

Can you actually just pick 1?
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

04.21.16 @ 10:55 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default Alex's 2007 Kit

I thought someone might have mentioned and discussed this by now, but have not seen it brought up yet.

I was wondering what the deal is with Alex's bass drums? At first glance it looks like there are four bass drums up front and then one to his right. However, after scrutinizing some of the pictures I've seen, it looks to me that there are actually the two main bass drums with some kind of smaller 3/4 shell piggybacking on each of the main bass drums. At first I thought it was the angle, but now I'm pretty sure that it is not an additional whole bass drum shell (as he's had in the past). I just have never seen anything like this before and I guess Ludwig just designed this specifically for Al.

Anyone have any ideas or thoughts about this. As a drummer, I'm curious to know the mechanics of it.

Last Online

05.01.12 @ 10:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drummr View Post
    I thought someone might have mentioned and discussed this by now, but have not seen it brought up yet.

I was wondering what the deal is with Alex's bass drums? At first glance it looks like there are four bass drums up front and then one to his right. However, after scrutinizing some of the pictures I've seen, it looks to me that there are actually the two main bass drums with some kind of smaller 3/4 shell piggybacking on each of the main bass drums. At first I thought it was the angle, but now I'm pretty sure that it is not an additional whole bass drum shell (as he's had in the past). I just have never seen anything like this before and I guess Ludwig just designed this specifically for Al.

Anyone have any ideas or thoughts about this. As a drummer, I'm curious to know the mechanics of it.
    The one on his right; to the left if looking at the stage - on the side...its not a real drum! I noticed Dave opened this thing up...and pulled a drink out of it! and then a gong?...and smacked the gong during some song I can't remember... a bit tipsy right now... anyway...this was Chicago.....
    Yes

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

03.14.12 @ 03:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HailNgirl View Post
    The one on his right; to the left if looking at the stage - on the side...its not a real drum! I noticed Dave opened this thing up...and pulled a drink out of it! and then a gong?...and smacked the gong during some song I can't remember... a bit tipsy right now... anyway...this was Chicago.....
    They hd a shot of that on the TV in Toronto show 2, it's a mini fridge! Don't know about the gong hammer didn't see that.
    M

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

04.21.16 @ 10:55 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HailNgirl View Post
    That's actually kind of funny.LOL. Yeah, I didn't think it was an actual drum; the one on the other side looks the same.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.26.09 @ 04:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe Dave demanded a fridge for his water and JD, so Alex worked it into his kit.