Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Any Food Network Fans On the Links?

I'm a huge fan of Food Network. I watch Iron Chef, both the original and the US versions, Rachel Ray, Alton Brown (he's a favourite) and most other shows.

I really enjoy the Kitchen Impossible show as well as the other "reality" type shows they do about competitions and I really dug the Next Food Network Star show.

Currently I'm really digging the Next Iron Chef competition.

Anyone else really into the Food Network?

Favorite VH Album

Alright, I admit - All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Almost all of them
    Last Online

03.01.12 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My wife and son love Iron Chef. I, on the other hand, love Nigella.
    Homer: No one snuggles with Max Power. Just strap on and feel the Gs!

American Coast Guard: Back off Canadians we got them.
    Canadian Coast Guard: You back off hosers, they are in Canadian waters, eh.
    American Coast Guard: Beat it you puck smacking maple suckers!
    Canadian Coast Guard: Take a hike you Shatner stealing Mexico touchers!

Bart: Who the hell is this?
    Jack Bauer: I’m Jack Bauer, who the hell is this?
    Bart: Me, er… I’m Ahmed Adudi
    Jack: Chloe, get me all you can on Ahmed Adudi… Does anyone there know Ahmed Adudi?
    Chloe O’Brien: Ahmed Adudi; wealthy Saudi financier… Disappeared into Afghanistan in the late 90s…
    Jack: … Really?
    Chloe (ironically): No Jack it’s a joke name, you’re being set up.
    Jack: DAMMIT!

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:52 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Are you shitting me? I could pretty much cancel my full satellite package with the exception of 1 or 2 channels, the Food Network being one of them. I am hoping they make this a HD channel real soon. Nothing like seeing a dead bird roasting in an oven in high def!!!

Do you guys get Restaurant Makeover in the U.S.? It's on Food Network Canada and is based in Toronto and area. They renovate a restaurant that is in trouble over a 4 or 5 day period. The owner can put in up to $20000 and the show will match it. They also revamp the menu. It's my current favorite. But I have never turned Nigella off either. I like those little sweaters that seem to further accentuate her...uhm...cantelopes.
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

I used to, roughly 4-5 years ago (yup, read my user name ), yet to tell you the truth, it simply does not fulfill my needs in it's current state. Much like VH-1 subtly transitioned into a celeb-reality network, the Food network has become more flash than substance.

At one time, the shows offered not only ingredients, yet amounts as well. Emeril would say things like "And throw in 50 cloves of garlic". An exaggeration, yes, yet it worked until total nitwits started writing in, asking if he truly meant that. Thus, the practice of attention to detail was abandoned.

After working 9+ hours in a kitchen, the last thing I'd care to witness in my off hours was/is "Iron Chef".

Plus, Bobby Flay has so many smooch prints on his own mirror that he can no longer see to comb his hair.

Alton Brown drives me up a wall, as does that other loud mouthed nitwit with the dye job that hosts "Dinners, Drive-Thru's And Dives". And the women are eye-candy, little else.

Jeez...for someone who dislikes the channel, I surely appear to watch it enough to know the folk on it!

The thing is, what intrigues me most these days about the presentation of food on tv has come to mean Anthony Bourdain's show on the Travel Channel. Part road diary, part travel writing, part food prep. and totally about experiencing life, this show is simply outstanding, covering all of the mentioned bases in a refreshing and quite stunning manner. Highly recommended!

chef
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

~Gilmour~On An Island~
    Favorite VH Song

The Blue->Take A Breath
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I put myself thru college in VT working as a cook in several restaurants.
    In '91 I moved to AZ and suddenly I had the wrong color skin.
    Didn't get hired anywhere.
    But that's a topic for the "jobs Americans won't do" thread.

Oh heck yeah I'm a foodie!
    I used to watch it more regularly but then it kinda got old.
    I've got my menu that keeps my family happy and well fed.
    I cook in the household, she bakes, mmmmmm.

I hate shows that require you to have a pantry full of exotic ingredients such as saffron and fresh oysters. Brown is a Man's-man cooking show. He deals real things like how to make a kick ass hamburger. Check my sig it has an Alton Brown recipe.

Nothing better than good food and good drink among good friends.
    That equals good times.

CABOT
    U.S. PRIME
    GRADE A STAMPED
    GUARANTEED

It was kind of funny when I first heard about it being a Van Halen “reunion”
    —Michael Anthony.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Hey chef, my girlfriend wants to give ya a "double hell yeah" for your Bobby Flay line...

I like Guy Fieri (the blond spiked hair guy), he has personality and knows how to cook...

Iron Chef is cool (most of the time)...

My favorite has to be Dinner Impossible because Chef Robert Irvine gets thrown into some pretty fucked up deals and does really well...

My favorite chef, Gordon Ramsay is nowhere to be found on the Food Network which is probably good because his personality doesn't need to be castrated for "family viewing"...

BTW, I like Alton Brown just because he's a wealth of knowledge and is a wee bit twisted in his own way...

So, yes, I'm a fan...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Last Online

04.14.17 @ 05:21 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hate Rachel Ray, she is a hand talker! I get sea sick watching her.

I really do like Iron Chef, Elton Brown and Bobby Flay.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

So This is Love/Mean Street
    Last Online

09.23.17 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

I've been watching Mr. BAMB himself since 97. my wife and I love Iron Chef. The Next Iron Chef is turning out really well also.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Here is a picture of me and some friends with Chef Robert Irvine from Dinner Impossible a few weeks ago. He came here and cooked for 1,000. I didn't end up in the kitchen, but got to help with the show. I was a "production assistant". That means a gopher. I did get to drive him to the store where he did all of his fast and furious shopping.

The man must live in the gym. He is muscle on top of muscle. He is a super nice guy. And the food was excellent!

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.10 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Owning a restaurant, (used to have two) anything having to do with food is my passion. Food network.com is also a great resource. Favorite is Emeril. Rachel Ray, Iron chef are a close decond and third.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Nights in Cabo View Post
    Here is a picture of me and some friends with Chef Robert Irvine from Dinner Impossible a few weeks ago. He came here and cooked for 1,000. I didn't end up in the kitchen, but got to help with the show. I was a "production assistant". That means a gopher. I did get to drive him to the store where he did all of his fast and furious shopping.

The man must live in the gym. He is muscle on top of muscle. He is a super nice guy. And the food was excellent!
    Jim, that's too fuckin' cool!!! I am totally gonna have to watch that episode for sure!!!
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

I remember seeing Sammy on Emeril back in 97 or something like that when he first started on the Food Network...Emeril not Sammy.....

We don't get Emeril anymore up here in Canada...at least I never see him on anymore....

I used to watch this station religiously when it first came out 10 years ago...and then it got me where I am today...over-weight and hungry all the time...

Iron Chef - I hate it with a passion....how anybody can watch the original for anything but comedic purposes is beyond me...and even then it's hard to watch...

Emeril - 90% of the time he would never show you how to make anything he was making during Emeril Live....on The Essence of Emeril it was a little different because there was no audience as far as I remember...

The shows now on the Food Network suck bull nuts....I'm tired of seeing that fucking flipping burgers in his god damn Toaster....
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Bobby Flay.....some friends and I were watching his show a few years ago, I believe it was Hot Off The Grill, but anyway, dude was basically on the verge of freaking out. My friends and I all agreed that he was hopped up on something, even his hot little co-host was looking at him like "what the hell"....he was going 90 mph, couldn't finish a thought or a step. I don't know, maybe he's as sober as they come, but that one show, he was all geeked out.

I never get to see the network anymore, is Giada DeLaurentis still doing Everyday Italian?

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:44 PM
    Liked 134 Times in 86 Posts

Love FN. I like a lot of the competition shows on BBQ'ing and the Cowboy style cooking. Giada, Sandra Lee, Nigella, Yumo.

Whats with that new girl that does Simply Delisioso or whatever. It's like they cloned Rachal Ray, but made her hispanic. Definitely hot though.

Also agree with the Anthony BOurdain show on Travel. He used to have a show on FN a while back...he ate Iguana or something, sd it made him want to pull his eyeballs out of his sockets and jump off a cliff. Funny guy.
    Dealing with it.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post

And the women are eye-candy, little else.

chef

Yep, Paula Dean is hot.

I love watching FoodTV for anything to do with BBQ. Different ideas for rubs and recipes. Bobby Flay strikes me as a nitwit. Years ago he used to do a show with another guy who actually used wood and smoke to BBQ (what a concept!). Can't remember the guys name, or the name of the show, but I liked him. He wore overalls and was from Philly, I believe.
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...