Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 124
  1. #1
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    04.27.04
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    2,030
    Favorite VH Album

    ~Gilmour~On An Island~
    Favorite VH Song

    The Blue->Take A Breath
    Last Online

    10.20.14 @ 12:26 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post


    Donor

    Default Original Harry Reid/Rush Limbaugh Smear Letter

    Hurry only a few days left to bid on this:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Harry-R...QQcmdZViewItem

    This stuff is priceless.

    I wonder if any of the 41 dems will take his challenge and match the funds,
    which are being donated to good cause.

    Keep up the good work Rush
    CABOT
    U.S. PRIME
    GRADE A STAMPED
    GUARANTEED

    It was kind of funny when I first heard about it being a Van Halen “reunion”
    —Michael Anthony.
    .

  2. #2
    Baluchitherium mistere's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.31.02
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    5,364
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

    Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

    07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Rush doesn't need anyone's help. He smears himself out of relevence every day.

  3. #3
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    04.27.04
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    2,030
    Favorite VH Album

    ~Gilmour~On An Island~
    Favorite VH Song

    The Blue->Take A Breath
    Last Online

    10.20.14 @ 12:26 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistere View Post
    Rush doesn't need anyone's help. He smears himself out of relevence every day.
    Sure.

    http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:...ient=firefox-a
    CABOT
    U.S. PRIME
    GRADE A STAMPED
    GUARANTEED

    It was kind of funny when I first heard about it being a Van Halen “reunion”
    —Michael Anthony.
    .

  4. #4
    Hot For Teacher 8amtill606's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.06.07
    Posts
    231
    Last Online

    03.20.08 @ 01:50 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistere View Post
    Rush doesn't need anyone's help. He smears himself out of relevence every day.

    Approximately 20 million listeners per day is hardly irrelevant.

  5. #5
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    04.27.04
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    2,030
    Favorite VH Album

    ~Gilmour~On An Island~
    Favorite VH Song

    The Blue->Take A Breath
    Last Online

    10.20.14 @ 12:26 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post


    Donor

    Default

    $45,100.00 with four days left, hey but shipping is free.
    CABOT
    U.S. PRIME
    GRADE A STAMPED
    GUARANTEED

    It was kind of funny when I first heard about it being a Van Halen “reunion”
    —Michael Anthony.
    .

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk bsbll4's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.18.03
    Age
    34
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    8,660
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Likes
    575
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    People on the fringe like Rush, Ann Coulter, Al Franken, most of Hollywood, etc. do nothing but hurt their own causes. They make for easy targets because they only present one side and half the time they obscure the truth to further their own agenda. Bush didn't lie, Nancy Pelosi isn't going to force our children to learn about gay sex, and most educated people that have a mind of their own already know this.

    Can we as a country ever be relatively united on anything again?

    Edit: I forgot to add:

    Dick Cheney isn't spying on you

    Harry Reid hates the president of Iran as much as you do

    Bush doesn't hate children (or black people, Kanye)

    Hillary isn't looking to make us communists

    Thank you
    Last edited by bsbll4; 10.15.07 at 11:38 AM.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

  7. #7
    Hot For Teacher 8amtill606's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.06.07
    Posts
    231
    Last Online

    03.20.08 @ 01:50 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    People on the fringe like Rush, Ann Coulter, Al Franken, most of Hollywood, etc. do nothing but hurt their own causes. They make for easy targets because they only present one side and half the time they obscure the truth to further their own agenda.
    But isn't that the essence of having a true position based on a core belief? Taking a side you believe in and debating it? I disagree with your assertion that Rush and Ann obscure the truth. This statement is based more on media hype or your pre-determined notion that they are incapable of telling the truth. In order to judge either fairly, you would have to admit listening or reading their material REGULARLY and applying logic and reason to it - not emotion. Most of us who can do that know the difference between what Rush, Ann etc. do and the likes of Al Franken and company. And to further proof of that, each of them publish what they say (and the evidence that backs it up) in books and on their websites for all to view. BTW - I have applied the same fairness to Air America and liberal democrats (especially when I was an active liberal) and have come to the unequivocal conclusion that liberal democrats have an extremely tough time selling their agenda to America without smearing opposition with lies and using media manipulation to color the publics perception. The latest example of what was done to Rush is a prime example. They have loud voices and millions of people agree with them - so are those citizens on the fringe too?

    Liberals in this country do have a socialist agenda and it is apparent in everything that they are trying to accomplish - just listen to Pelosi and Hilllary and their nutty proposals about wealth re-distribution. Reid declares our military has lost on a daily basis for the last 3 years and has pushed investigation after investigation into our information gathering techniques against terrorists. These are not the actions of patriots folks and ignoring it doesn't make it go away.

    Playing fair and middle of the road is for the gutless and intellectually bankrupt. The greatness of this country was not built by moderates.

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk bsbll4's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.18.03
    Age
    34
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    8,660
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Likes
    575
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    I take it you're a Rush fan

    Hey, I don't like Harry Reid and Al Franken either, but all they do is employ the same tactics that Rush and Ann Coulter use. Listening to both radio programs is a constant stream of strawman arguments and questionable statements of "fact". I occassionally will listen to Rush during my lunch break, and while I agree with his principles, I think his tactics are counter-productive. When you argue points the way he does, you leave yourself open to criticism.

    Example: He was complaining today about the Turkey-genocide extravaganza. He lambasts the Congress for wasting time doing things like these, but I can guarantee he was pretty silent when Republicans were making declarations about "Freedom Fries." Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with his point, but when they ignore the same things going on and filter out only the things that support their view, they aren't being true to their listeners.

    The point is, both parties have simpletons. It just so happens that the Republican simpletons (Rush, Coulter, Robertson, Fallwell) are much more popular with radio listeners.

    If I ever met Al Franken, I would kick him squarely in the bean bag.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

  9. #9
    Baluchitherium mistere's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.31.02
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    5,364
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

    Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

    07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 8amtill606 View Post
    Approximately 20 million listeners per day is hardly irrelevant.
    Well that's just sad then, isn't it? That many peeps still wanna listen to him
    "carry the water"? Yer party. Have some more Kool Aid.

  10. #10
    Atomic Punk bsbll4's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.18.03
    Age
    34
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    8,660
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Likes
    575
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Hey man, don't get us started on Air America. They don't drink kool-aid there, right? They probably drink cafe lattes instead. Each side has its embarrassing fringe.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

  11. #11
    Good Enough Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.12.04
    Age
    47
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,538
    Favorite VH Album

    FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

    "Sinner's Swing!"
    Last Online

    11.27.17 @ 11:27 PM
    Likes
    4
    Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    You're only allowed to slander Moveon.org.
    Originally posted by Katydid

    Because I realize you all (the Roth Army) are a bunch of twisted, demented, beastility, porn loving, drug addicts and alcoholics and psycopaths. I guess Devil worshippers more aptly describe you.

  12. #12
    Good Enough Nickdfresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.12.04
    Age
    47
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,538
    Favorite VH Album

    FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

    "Sinner's Swing!"
    Last Online

    11.27.17 @ 11:27 PM
    Likes
    4
    Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 8amtill606 View Post
    But isn't that the essence of having a true position based on a core belief? Taking a side you believe in and debating it? I disagree with your assertion that Rush and Ann obscure the truth. This statement is based more on media hype or your pre-determined notion that they are incapable of telling the truth. In order to judge either fairly, you would have to admit listening or reading their material REGULARLY and applying logic and reason to it - not emotion. Most of us who can do that know the difference between what Rush, Ann etc. do and the likes of Al Franken and company. And to further proof of that, each of them publish what they say (and the evidence that backs it up) in books and on their websites for all to view. BTW - I have applied the same fairness to Air America and liberal democrats (especially when I was an active liberal) and have come to the unequivocal conclusion that liberal democrats have an extremely tough time selling their agenda to America without smearing opposition with lies and using media manipulation to color the publics perception. The latest example of what was done to Rush is a prime example. They have loud voices and millions of people agree with them - so are those citizens on the fringe too?

    Liberals in this country do have a socialist agenda and it is apparent in everything that they are trying to accomplish - just listen to Pelosi and Hilllary and their nutty proposals about wealth re-distribution. Reid declares our military has lost on a daily basis for the last 3 years and has pushed investigation after investigation into our information gathering techniques against terrorists. These are not the actions of patriots folks and ignoring it doesn't make it go away.

    Playing fair and middle of the road is for the gutless and intellectually bankrupt. The greatness of this country was not built by moderates.
    Blanket statement man is here to save the DAAAAAYYYY!!

    BTW, your essay on verbal irony: C-/D+ (for effort!)
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 10.15.07 at 03:15 PM.
    Originally posted by Katydid

    Because I realize you all (the Roth Army) are a bunch of twisted, demented, beastility, porn loving, drug addicts and alcoholics and psycopaths. I guess Devil worshippers more aptly describe you.

  13. #13
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    04.27.04
    Location
    Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    2,030
    Favorite VH Album

    ~Gilmour~On An Island~
    Favorite VH Song

    The Blue->Take A Breath
    Last Online

    10.20.14 @ 12:26 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post


    Donor

    Default 50 GRAND!



    Now that's putting your money where your mouth is. I bet none of the 41 will or can come up with that kind of dough for four pieces of paper.
    CABOT
    U.S. PRIME
    GRADE A STAMPED
    GUARANTEED

    It was kind of funny when I first heard about it being a Van Halen “reunion”
    —Michael Anthony.
    .

  14. #14
    Hang 'Em High sickman's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.13.04
    Posts
    6,170
    Favorite VH Album

    Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

    Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 05:11 AM
    Likes
    548
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    People on the fringe like Rush, Ann Coulter, Al Franken, most of Hollywood, etc. do nothing but hurt their own causes. They make for easy targets because they only present one side and half the time they obscure the truth to further their own agenda. Bush didn't lie, Nancy Pelosi isn't going to force our children to learn about gay sex, and most educated people that have a mind of their own already know this.

    Can we as a country ever be relatively united on anything again?

    Edit: I forgot to add:

    Dick Cheney isn't spying on you

    Harry Reid hates the president of Iran as much as you do

    Bush doesn't hate children (or black people, Kanye)

    Hillary isn't looking to make us communists

    Thank you
    You can't lump Rush in the same catagory as Franken and Coulter. He is nothing like them. Franken and Coulter deliberately say things in the media to shock you and grab attention. Rush doesn't. All it would take is for you to listen to him for one hour to know that. If all you depend on is the media for their interpretation of him than you would think he is like them. Obviously I listen to Rush but I also listen to a liberal talk show that comes on right after rush and his show is usually full of personal attacks on Rush right from the start. Stupid comments like Fat Head Rush and such. Compare that with Rush who's show is really on a much higher moral plane. He is a conservative talk show host, not a shock jock or an activist. He doesn't always follow the party lines he follows the conservative lines.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

  15. #15
    Atomic Punk bsbll4's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.18.03
    Age
    34
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    8,660
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Likes
    575
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    While I agree that others like to shock and use more personal attacks, the actual formula used by all of them to argue their points is exactly the same. Leftys just like to use jabs in humor to get their points across (Jon Stewart anyone?).

    The main point is, you can't be taken seriously when you only present one viewpoint, especially when you only choose to blast one side.

    Like I said before, I agree with most of what Rush believes in, but the way he presents his program just alienates people. He searches for points of contention with politicians on the left rather than looking for points of agreement. Political discourse is never furthered when both sides are playing defense.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 5150 Amp Help! (Original Block Letter Head)
    By bangerang5150 in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07.20.07, 07:59 PM
  2. Pop Smear Politics 101
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12.16.05, 07:27 AM
  3. Shoebomber Richard Reid Gets His Ass Handed To Him
    By Vince G. in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02.01.03, 06:14 PM
  4. Rush Limbaugh - 5150
    By ericgtr in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04.05.02, 11:35 AM
  5. AN OPEN LETTER TO THE ORIGINAL VAN HALEN!
    By Atomic Punk DLR in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11.27.01, 01:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •