Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: I was wrong

Last Online

03.08.12 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default I was wrong

I just wanted to go on record with this as I've been meaning to do this for a couple weeks. I was one of those that feared this tour would never work and was on the side of the no mike, no vh. Frankly I had been burned enough by this band over the last decade and walked out of the 2004 Oakland show feeling something I never thought I would after a VH show... it was OK but certainly not worth the money.

I saw them for the first time on the Diver Down tour and had never been let down in the many times I saw them... every tour except 84 (still don't know why I missed that) and III (still glad I missed that).

So for the record let me apologize to Ed and family. Though I think you still should have included Mike, you guys are delivering the goods on-stage. I watched the press conference and still didn't believe it, but with the video's I've seen of the rehearsals and the actual shows, I have no choice but to say Van Halen is fucking back... and that part feels good to say.

May we all have many more summers to enjoy this music... be it with VH or the Wabos... it's all VH to me. And if we have more of it, all the better.

I'll see you when you boys hit the bay area.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:18 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

Your skepticism is completely understandable. I had my doubts too and was worried we were in for another tour just like 04, or worse. So far, the band has more than delivered. I am beginning to have hope again for the future. At the press conference, Dave talked about the future, about making new music, and Eddie said they are a band again. So far they haven't lied to us, so I remain hopeful for the future of this band. They do sound incredible on this tour so far...don't miss them this time around.

Hang 'Em High James in New York's Avatar
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:53 PM
    Liked 2,082 Times in 675 Posts

nice!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

08.24.15 @ 08:58 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

I agree man... I thought that this tour was going to be a joke, but from what I've seen--all I can really say is wow. The shows and music have been great. I will def. support the band in the future.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

09.07.08 @ 10:53 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The ears don't lie in live shows.

On Fire
    Last Online

04.26.09 @ 10:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you compare it to the past, you will find fault. If you accept it for what it is and enjoy it, you will have a good time. We can all go "I wish this or I wish that" but once we all just accept it and move on, we can have fun again. I certainly have my "I wishes" for this band, but I'm tired of getting frustrated. I know Mikey is not there, but except for a tad difference on a few songs, it's not that big of a sonic difference. I had a great time in Indy last night, wish I could afford to go to more shows but I just can't do that anymore (financially).

Great thread!

Last Online

03.25.16 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

No reason to apologize. They don't give a shit.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

van halen I / fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 10:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanBlu View Post
    If you compare it to the past, you will find fault. If you accept it for what it is and enjoy it, you will have a good time. We can all go "I wish this or I wish that" but once we all just accept it and move on, we can have fun again. I certainly have my "I wishes" for this band, but I'm tired of getting frustrated. I know Mikey is not there, but except for a tad difference on a few songs, it's not that big of a sonic difference. I had a great time in Indy last night, wish I could afford to go to more shows but I just can't do that anymore (financially).

Great thread!
    funny, i went to the toronto show in 1984, and i have my bootleg vids, etc. etc., andi too started comparing, and re-comparing and you know what? surprisingly i am really liking THIS version of the band better....

to me THIS is van halen 2007 and it only looks like its going to get even better as they find their groove together....

if, and IF is the operative word here, lol, saner heads prevail the next few years could be very good for van halen fans....

Last Online

01.01.08 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrfibb View Post
    I just wanted to go on record with this as I've been meaning to do this for a couple weeks. I was one of those that feared this tour would never work and was on the side of the no mike, no vh. Frankly I had been burned enough by this band over the last decade and walked out of the 2004 Oakland show feeling something I never thought I would after a VH show... it was OK but certainly not worth the money.

I saw them for the first time on the Diver Down tour and had never been let down in the many times I saw them... every tour except 84 (still don't know why I missed that) and III (still glad I missed that).

So for the record let me apologize to Ed and family. Though I think you still should have included Mike, you guys are delivering the goods on-stage. I watched the press conference and still didn't believe it, but with the video's I've seen of the rehearsals and the actual shows, I have no choice but to say Van Halen is fucking back... and that part feels good to say.

May we all have many more summers to enjoy this music... be it with VH or the Wabos... it's all VH to me. And if we have more of it, all the better.

I'll see you when you boys hit the bay area.
    During the press conference something wasn't sounding right. When you listen to Wolfy talk you can distinctively hear Mike being piped in. It's true. I listened to my bootleg with my high quality headphones.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.26.09 @ 04:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw a boot in the early 80's and DLR was trashed! He was horrible. He got pretty drunk at the the more recent Sammy/Dave show I was at too.

It appears that now he is sober or at least cleaner than before! Hope they all keep it up. We all paid good money to see a good show. 3 weeks to my show baby!!!