Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
  1. #1
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    03.07.04
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    67
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Hang 'Em High
    Last Online

    07.24.15 @ 10:11 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

    OFFICIAL CHICAGO UNITED CENTER THREAD!!!

    10/18 at the UC!!!

    Who's in and where's the pre-show party? Anybody tailgating?

    I'm 5th row in the PIT!! I look forward to meeting some of you posters before/after the show.

    Saw the Charlotte show and it was unreal.
    You bet your fuckin ass it's real. This isn't Quiet Riot buddy......

  2. #2
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    09.30.07
    Posts
    16
    Last Online

    02.26.12 @ 12:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I'll be there with maximumedward in tow! Not sure on ticket location as I scored them off a local radio show & need to pick them up at Will Call the day of the show. Be interested to know of any preshow gathering tho!

  3. #3
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    03.07.04
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    67
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Hang 'Em High
    Last Online

    07.24.15 @ 10:11 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    Nice! Did you win them The Loop?

    As far as meeting, Morettis is a place I typically go before Bulls games. It's pretty casual.

    Any other suggestions?
    You bet your fuckin ass it's real. This isn't Quiet Riot buddy......

  4. #4
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    09.30.07
    Posts
    16
    Last Online

    02.26.12 @ 12:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    As a matter of fact I did. Been having a bit of a run on getting tickets from them. Scored 3rd row for Tuesdays show & my wife won front row for Aerosmith a few weeks back. Never heard of Morettis, but I'll google it & find it. Don't get down to the UC area too often, so I wouldn't know any good spots.

  5. #5
    Baluchitherium Lead Synth's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.26.00
    Age
    35
    Location
    Afar (well, Chicago)
    Posts
    4,353
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Last Online

    02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post


    Donor

    THANK YOU for posting this thread. Sorry, mods, but it's completely retarded to have one thread per city if the city has two or more shows, especially because we're using these threads to organize meeting up before and after specific shows.

    One thread per city for multiple-show cities makes this board more confusing, not less. So, thanks again for posting this thread.

    The boy and I are in section 6 on the floor(!), row 19, seats 17 and 18! This is going to OWN!
    www.mayakuper.com

    "VH rocked Staples like a foot rocks grapes in Naples." - mistere

  6. #6
    PM Goo with your concerns OLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.13.99
    Age
    49
    Location
    Enumclaw, WA
    Posts
    18,055
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 10:54 AM
    Likes
    91
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lead Synth View Post
    THANK YOU for posting this thread. Sorry, mods, but it's completely retarded to have one thread per city if the city has two or more shows, especially because we're using these threads to organize meeting up before and after specific shows.

    One thread per city for multiple-show cities makes this board more confusing, not less. So, thanks again for posting this thread.

    The boy and I are in section 6 on the floor(!), row 19, seats 17 and 18! This is going to OWN!

    Well excuse us!!!

    The starter of this thread asked me if it was ok and explained the situation. I said go ahead and start another.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

  7. #7
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    03.07.04
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    67
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Hang 'Em High
    Last Online

    07.24.15 @ 10:11 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    So Lead, any suggestions on pre-show? I suggested Moretti's on Jackson but maybe there's someplace better. We tailgated for the 2004 show so I may have missed out on a cool place.

    Thanks
    You bet your fuckin ass it's real. This isn't Quiet Riot buddy......

  8. #8
    Baluchitherium Lead Synth's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.26.00
    Age
    35
    Location
    Afar (well, Chicago)
    Posts
    4,353
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Last Online

    02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post


    Donor

    Quote Originally Posted by OLO View Post
    Well excuse us!!!

    The starter of this thread asked me if it was ok and explained the situation. I said go ahead and start another.
    "You're welcome" would have sufficed. Glad we're in agreement.
    www.mayakuper.com

    "VH rocked Staples like a foot rocks grapes in Naples." - mistere

  9. #9
    Baluchitherium Lead Synth's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.26.00
    Age
    35
    Location
    Afar (well, Chicago)
    Posts
    4,353
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Last Online

    02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post


    Donor

    Quote Originally Posted by peyton18 View Post
    So Lead, any suggestions on pre-show? I suggested Moretti's on Jackson but maybe there's someplace better. We tailgated for the 2004 show so I may have missed out on a cool place.

    Thanks
    I tailgated in 2004 as well. Moretti's sounds good to me. There's also the Billy Goat at 1535 W. Madison.
    www.mayakuper.com

    "VH rocked Staples like a foot rocks grapes in Naples." - mistere

  10. #10
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    09.30.07
    Posts
    16
    Last Online

    02.26.12 @ 12:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Cheesebugga, cheesebugga....Billy Goats is cool & right down the street too. We could stumble our way to the UC with no problem.

  11. #11
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    09.27.07
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    7
    Favorite VH Album

    The 1st one
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    10.25.07 @ 10:50 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default I'm still looking for a pair.

    Anyone have a great pair that they are looking to unload? I'm waiting patiently for a drop and checking Craigslist constantly hoping to score a pair in a great section (121, 122, 113 and of course 1, 2, 3 or Pit). Lots of tickets are out there, many under face but I'm holding out hope.

    Send me a PM if you got what I'm looking for.

    Can't wait for Thursday!!!!
    Long time lurker.

  12. #12
    Baluchitherium Lead Synth's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.26.00
    Age
    35
    Location
    Afar (well, Chicago)
    Posts
    4,353
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Last Online

    02.22.16 @ 08:29 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post


    Donor

    I got mine on Craigslist . . . keep looking, you'll find some!
    www.mayakuper.com

    "VH rocked Staples like a foot rocks grapes in Naples." - mistere

  13. #13
    Unchained Pip-VH-Lifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.14.07
    Age
    49
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Posts
    536
    Favorite VH Album

    I, II, FW, 1984 W/Sam: Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Any CVH
    Last Online

    05.01.12 @ 07:11 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default What time do VH hit the stage?

    Hey guys,
    One member of my group is gonna be running late. What time will VH hit the stage. I'm guessing between 8:30 & 9??? It's been a while. Show time is listed as 7:30.

    Thanks.
    "...And then our children will form a family band, and we will tour the countryside and YOU WON'T BE INVITED!" ~ Ron Burgundy
    ---------------------------------------------------

  14. #14
    Existentially Uncertain Fontcow's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.21.01
    Age
    49
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    3,561
    Last Online

    03.13.17 @ 07:58 PM
    Likes
    433
    Liked 868 Times in 463 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pip-VH-Lifer View Post
    Hey guys,
    One member of my group is gonna be running late. What time will VH hit the stage. I'm guessing between 8:30 & 9??? It's been a while. Show time is listed as 7:30.

    Thanks.
    From what I've been reading, the opening act plays from approximately 7:30-8:10p, and then it is a strict 20 minutes before Van Halen hits the stage around 8:30p. I'm guessing with a 2hr 10min show, and with a minor on stage, they've been starting the show at 8:30p sharp to assure they are off the stage and out of the building before Wolfgang's curfew, which in most cities would be 11p. Laugh all you want about a curfew, but I'm betting on it being a serious legal responsibility of the band's managers and the promoters. I'll bet they couldn't care less what Wolfgang does after he leaves the venue, but on their watches and under their responsibility, they're getting things wrapped up by 11p.

    I'd plan on being in my seat around 8:20-8:30p if I were you.

  15. #15
    Unchained Pip-VH-Lifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.14.07
    Age
    49
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Posts
    536
    Favorite VH Album

    I, II, FW, 1984 W/Sam: Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Any CVH
    Last Online

    05.01.12 @ 07:11 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fontcow View Post
    From what I've been reading, the opening act plays from approximately 7:30-8:10p, and then it is a strict 20 minutes before Van Halen hits the stage around 8:30p. I'm guessing with a 2hr 10min show, and with a minor on stage, they've been starting the show at 8:30p sharp to assure they are off the stage and out of the building before Wolfgang's curfew, which in most cities would be 11p. Laugh all you want about a curfew, but I'm betting on it being a serious legal responsibility of the band's managers and the promoters. I'll bet they couldn't care less what Wolfgang does after he leaves the venue, but on their watches and under their responsibility, they're getting things wrapped up by 11p.

    I'd plan on being in my seat around 8:20-8:30p if I were you.
    Thanks bro.
    As for the curfew, isn't that a moot point since the kid is with his Dad?

    There is some serious over thinking on this board sometimes.
    "...And then our children will form a family band, and we will tour the countryside and YOU WON'T BE INVITED!" ~ Ron Burgundy
    ---------------------------------------------------

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. The Official U2 Thread
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 1250
    Last Post: 11.07.17, 06:49 PM
  2. Official D.C. thread!
    By sampson simpson in forum 2007 Van Halen Tour
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 11.01.07, 10:40 AM
  3. Scranton PA date official, Chicago ticket prices cut?
    By dog in forum "Song For Song" Tour 2002
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05.31.02, 10:58 AM
  4. The official Get Well Ed thread
    By jaybird in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05.06.01, 07:05 AM
  5. Replies: 79
    Last Post: 09.17.00, 12:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •