Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Running with the Devil
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Eddie's Little Guitars

Last Sunday, I saw Van Halen at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto. They were just incredible. In my wildest dreams, I never thought they would be so great.

My question now : as I am a guitarist, I happened to spent lots of time watching carefully at Edward’s playing. On the extra giant screen, it was awesome watching him in many many solos. But I noticed that his guitars’ brands (Fender, Gibson, Ibanez, etc.) had completely disappeared from the neck. Same thing for Wolfie’s bass.

With the impressive close ups we had, if they had been there, I wouldn’t have missed them. Does someone know about that fact? It must be some business stuff, I’m sure. And what guitar brand(s) does Ed play on this tour? Thanks in advance.

P.S. : I’m French Canadian and I apologize for my not-so-good English.
    I'm a spot on the horizon.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push Comes To Shove (Solo)
    Last Online

03.25.08 @ 03:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chicoutimi CP View Post
    Last Sunday, I saw Van Halen at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto. They were just incredible. In my wildest dreams, I never thought they would be so great.

My question now : as I am a guitarist, I happened to spent lots of time watching carefully at Edward’s playing. On the extra giant screen, it was awesome watching him in many many solos. But I noticed that his guitars’ brands (Fender, Gibson, Ibanez, etc.) had completely disappeared from the neck. Same thing for Wolfie’s bass.

With the impressive close ups we had, if they had been there, I wouldn’t have missed them. Does someone know about that fact? It must be some business stuff, I’m sure. And what guitar brand(s) does Ed play on this tour? Thanks in advance.

P.S. : I’m French Canadian and I apologize for my not-so-good English.

Salut la, la, la!

He plays Charvels, Peaveys and his PRETEND Frankenstrat which is sadly manufactured by Fender.

His amps are EVH brand manufactured by Fender (and stolen from Peavey).

His effects are typically MXR/Dunlop, etc.

That's it.

Passer a Montreal pour le spectacle en Novembre.
    I am sure they will be even better by then!
    Greg
    Montreal, Canada

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skibble View Post
    Salut la, la, la!

He plays Charvels, Peaveys and his PRETEND Frankenstrat which is sadly manufactured by Fender.

His amps are EVH brand manufactured by Fender (and stolen from Peavey).

His effects are typically MXR/Dunlop, etc.

That's it.

Passer a Montreal pour le spectacle en Novembre.
    I am sure they will be even better by then!
    The above post is not entirely accurate.

Ed has started his own brand of equipment, known as EVH Gear. It is a subsidiary of Fender Musical Equipment and manufactured and distributed by them. His Wolfgang guitar--the design of which he owns--was formerly manufactured by Peavey but is now manufactured by Fender; they carry the EVH logo, and we are seeing the prototypes on stage with VH right now. His amps are also the EVH brand, and along with the Frankenstein replicas they are also manufactured by Fender.

His relationship with Fender began in '04 when Ed opted to leave Peavey. He initiated the Art Series line of guitars with Charvel (who are owned by Fender). For this '07 tour Ed is also playing custom-striped Charvel Art Series guitars (the same as he did in '04).

Wolfgang Van Halen is playing custom Fender-made basses. I have no idea what amp(s) he's playing through, as there are only dummy EVH 5150 III amps stacked up on his side of the stage. (Apparently they won't have any gear on stage that carries any logo but the EVH one--except for the Charvels. I find that confusing.)

Last Online

01.01.08 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey I was in Chicoutimi for a few years in 75-77. Went to Saguenay Valley School.

Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

a quick shout out to all our quebecois friends from the west coast!

glad to see vh popular over there too.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 12:14 PM
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

I believe the new Wolfgangs sport the EVH logo on the headstock.

The Frankie has no logo.

The basses, I'm sure are made by Fender as well, and probably don't have the logos (a la the Frankie).

His amps, obviously have the EVH logo.
    www.facebook.com/revery
    If you like cool, rock music, check out REVERY. We've put out two albums, and an EP. We were signed back in '06 and toured the US (our single Popstar Wedding was all over the radio back then). Our latest album, Adora De Phonic is available on Itunes, Amazon, etc.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    Wolfgang Van Halen is playing custom Fender-made basses. I have no idea what amp(s) he's playing through, as there are only dummy EVH 5150 III amps stacked up on his side of the stage.
    I kind of wondered if Wolfie was actually playing through 5150 IIIs also. The amp heads are dummies, but the cabinets on his side are mic'd, I believe, and his tone doesn't sound quite like he's playing through a bass rig.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kowski View Post
    I kind of wondered if Wolfie was actually playing through 5150 IIIs also. The amp heads are dummies, but the cabinets on his side are mic'd, I believe, and his tone doesn't sound quite like he's playing through a bass rig.
    I'd have no idea. A couple of folks here have had forum contact with Ed's now-former tech, Lonnie. He'd probably be able to answer the question. I'd guess Wolf is playing something Fender for a bass amp, or perhaps he's even just doing a DI option like a Line 6 Bass POD or Tech 21 Sans Amp. If it's a full amp setup, it's either behind the stack of 5150 IIIs or under the stage (which is where Sammy's Crate half-stack was for the '04 tour).