Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Little Dreamer Chicoutimi CP's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.27.06
    Age
    55
    Location
    Chicoutimi (PQ) Canada
    Posts
    17
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    Running with the Devil
    Last Online

    06.26.17 @ 02:09 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Eddie's Little Guitars

    Last Sunday, I saw Van Halen at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto. They were just incredible. In my wildest dreams, I never thought they would be so great.

    My question now : as I am a guitarist, I happened to spent lots of time watching carefully at Edward’s playing. On the extra giant screen, it was awesome watching him in many many solos. But I noticed that his guitars’ brands (Fender, Gibson, Ibanez, etc.) had completely disappeared from the neck. Same thing for Wolfie’s bass.

    With the impressive close ups we had, if they had been there, I wouldn’t have missed them. Does someone know about that fact? It must be some business stuff, I’m sure. And what guitar brand(s) does Ed play on this tour? Thanks in advance.

    P.S. : I’m French Canadian and I apologize for my not-so-good English.
    I'm a spot on the horizon.

  2. #2
    Little Dreamer Skibble's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.04.04
    Age
    47
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    31
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Push Comes To Shove (Solo)
    Last Online

    03.25.08 @ 03:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chicoutimi CP View Post
    Last Sunday, I saw Van Halen at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto. They were just incredible. In my wildest dreams, I never thought they would be so great.

    My question now : as I am a guitarist, I happened to spent lots of time watching carefully at Edward’s playing. On the extra giant screen, it was awesome watching him in many many solos. But I noticed that his guitars’ brands (Fender, Gibson, Ibanez, etc.) had completely disappeared from the neck. Same thing for Wolfie’s bass.

    With the impressive close ups we had, if they had been there, I wouldn’t have missed them. Does someone know about that fact? It must be some business stuff, I’m sure. And what guitar brand(s) does Ed play on this tour? Thanks in advance.

    P.S. : I’m French Canadian and I apologize for my not-so-good English.

    Salut la, la, la!

    He plays Charvels, Peaveys and his PRETEND Frankenstrat which is sadly manufactured by Fender.

    His amps are EVH brand manufactured by Fender (and stolen from Peavey).

    His effects are typically MXR/Dunlop, etc.

    That's it.

    Passer a Montreal pour le spectacle en Novembre.
    I am sure they will be even better by then!
    Greg
    Montreal, Canada

  3. #3
    Forum Frontman
    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    42
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skibble View Post
    Salut la, la, la!

    He plays Charvels, Peaveys and his PRETEND Frankenstrat which is sadly manufactured by Fender.

    His amps are EVH brand manufactured by Fender (and stolen from Peavey).

    His effects are typically MXR/Dunlop, etc.

    That's it.

    Passer a Montreal pour le spectacle en Novembre.
    I am sure they will be even better by then!
    The above post is not entirely accurate.

    Ed has started his own brand of equipment, known as EVH Gear. It is a subsidiary of Fender Musical Equipment and manufactured and distributed by them. His Wolfgang guitar--the design of which he owns--was formerly manufactured by Peavey but is now manufactured by Fender; they carry the EVH logo, and we are seeing the prototypes on stage with VH right now. His amps are also the EVH brand, and along with the Frankenstein replicas they are also manufactured by Fender.

    His relationship with Fender began in '04 when Ed opted to leave Peavey. He initiated the Art Series line of guitars with Charvel (who are owned by Fender). For this '07 tour Ed is also playing custom-striped Charvel Art Series guitars (the same as he did in '04).

    Wolfgang Van Halen is playing custom Fender-made basses. I have no idea what amp(s) he's playing through, as there are only dummy EVH 5150 III amps stacked up on his side of the stage. (Apparently they won't have any gear on stage that carries any logo but the EVH one--except for the Charvels. I find that confusing.)

  4. #4
    Eruption wingnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.29.06
    Posts
    927
    Last Online

    01.01.08 @ 10:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Hey I was in Chicoutimi for a few years in 75-77. Went to Saguenay Valley School.

  5. #5
    Banned!
    Join Date
    05.09.02
    Location
    vancouver, bc
    Posts
    1,375
    Last Online

    02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    a quick shout out to all our quebecois friends from the west coast!

    glad to see vh popular over there too.

  6. #6
    Eruption
    Join Date
    02.25.00
    Age
    45
    Location
    Va Beach, VA USA
    Posts
    1,016
    Last Online

    12.18.17 @ 12:14 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

    Default

    I believe the new Wolfgangs sport the EVH logo on the headstock.

    The Frankie has no logo.

    The basses, I'm sure are made by Fender as well, and probably don't have the logos (a la the Frankie).

    His amps, obviously have the EVH logo.
    www.facebook.com/revery
    If you like cool, rock music, check out REVERY. We've put out two albums, and an EP. We were signed back in '06 and toured the US (our single Popstar Wedding was all over the radio back then). Our latest album, Adora De Phonic is available on Itunes, Amazon, etc.

  7. #7
    Good Enough kowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.10.02
    Age
    32
    Location
    Peoria
    Posts
    1,917
    Last Online

    12.03.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Likes
    12
    Liked 35 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    Wolfgang Van Halen is playing custom Fender-made basses. I have no idea what amp(s) he's playing through, as there are only dummy EVH 5150 III amps stacked up on his side of the stage.
    I kind of wondered if Wolfie was actually playing through 5150 IIIs also. The amp heads are dummies, but the cabinets on his side are mic'd, I believe, and his tone doesn't sound quite like he's playing through a bass rig.

  8. #8
    Forum Frontman
    Join Date
    09.15.06
    Age
    42
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,568
    Last Online

    07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kowski View Post
    I kind of wondered if Wolfie was actually playing through 5150 IIIs also. The amp heads are dummies, but the cabinets on his side are mic'd, I believe, and his tone doesn't sound quite like he's playing through a bass rig.
    I'd have no idea. A couple of folks here have had forum contact with Ed's now-former tech, Lonnie. He'd probably be able to answer the question. I'd guess Wolf is playing something Fender for a bass amp, or perhaps he's even just doing a DI option like a Line 6 Bass POD or Tech 21 Sans Amp. If it's a full amp setup, it's either behind the stack of 5150 IIIs or under the stage (which is where Sammy's Crate half-stack was for the '04 tour).

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. good websites with pics of Eddie's guitars over the years?
    By hain23x in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11.26.06, 10:41 PM
  2. Looking for pics of Eddie's guitars
    By dolph in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04.01.06, 09:08 AM
  3. Dean guitars, the best guitars on earth?
    By rickyg in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08.04.05, 03:32 PM
  4. I played Eddie's guitars
    By Warmoth in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01.27.03, 05:57 PM
  5. Eddie's in NY
    By James in New York in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08.09.02, 10:36 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •