Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

11.10.08 @ 08:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Van Halen is one step from the State Fair circut

So they have sold out a couple of shows. Does anyone else feel no real excitement about this whole tour? If the band was excited about, why don't they want to talk about it. If the media will pay millions of dollars to get a photo of Britney leaving a club, imagine what a program/magazine/entertainment show would pay to hear Roth and Eddie actually talk?

Okay, so Wolfie has held his own, (right...) How come no one is bringing up his "People" interview. I can't imagine what's going on in that kids head. He's said he didn't want to do it. He's stated that he's called his mom more than once cause he didn't feel comfortable. He is doing the best he can, but doesn't appear to be gaining any real confidence...

Quite frankly, if I was the kid, I would call up Michael Anthony (who has said nothing but kind words about him) and invite him to a show. When Eddie leaves the stage for Alex's drum solo, Wolf should hand the bass to Mike. What is Eddie going to do? If Mike walked out the crowd would go wilder than if Ed had made up "Eruption" right there, on the site.

I can't see DLR getting mad or even AVH for that matter. And after watching EVH for the past 30 years, I doubt that he would do anything other than to try to please the crowd.

EVH is a schizo parinoid. He's surronded himself with yes men. He's seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. But at some point, he's going to have to face up to his mistakes.

There is no reason in the world for guys who are wealthy, in their mid 50's to early 60's, to not get along. If my Grandfather was alive and bitching about what a old friend had done to him, I really would chew his ass out and tell him how I was loosing respect for him.

One of the guys who helped me get into radio died suddenly this week at age 56. I can't imagine what it would feel like if we had had an arguement and
    him and never patched it up.

There has been more than enough money to go around. Wolfie should be set up for life (though he's always going to be the son of EVH if he wants to be a musician - see Dewzill Zappa)

Someone show these guys the www.postsecrets.com site. Paging Dr. Phil....

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

08.13.10 @ 09:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Douche Bag why not go jerk your meat somewhere else.. Thanks

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE ROTH View Post
    Hey Douche Bag why not go jerk your meat somewhere else.. Thanks
    I second that emotion!
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5150 View Post
    I second that emotion!
    You have no clue! They are doomed at this point. They are on the fast track to being an oldies act. VH hasn't had a hit in over 13 years.

Know your facts assholes.
    Last edited by Grover; 10.10.07 at 08:16 PM.

Last Online

01.01.08 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LOL. This is one of the more successful tours this season. It's far far FAR FAR FAR from being even close to looking like a State Fair level tour.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:41 PM
    Liked 199 Times in 105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grover View Post
    You have no clue! They doomed at this point. They are on the fast track to being an oldies act. VH hasn't had a hit in over 13 years.

Know your facts assholes.

How is ANYTHING you say fact?? Maybe you should look the word up in the dictionary. Go away troll.

Last Online

05.01.12 @ 10:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Will there be a soundcheck?
    Yes

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

08.13.10 @ 09:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sinner's swing View Post
    How is ANYTHING you say fact?? Maybe you should look the word up in the dictionary. Go away troll.
    I totally agree
    Last edited by DAVE ROTH; 10.10.07 at 08:16 PM.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    LOL. This is one of the more successful tours this season. It's far far FAR FAR FAR from being even close to looking like a State Fair level tour.
    What happens when they go out two years from now? With no new hits? Without the original band? Playing the same set list? With fan base now in the 35 to 60 range? They are not the Stones. They are not the Eagles. They might get big bucks this year. They can't command that money in Europe. So where do they go?

You're telling me they can command the same ticket price in the same market a year or two from now?

If they try it, they'll be playing to half empty halls. The next stop is either smaller theaters at high ticket prices or big crowds for a guaretee at State Fairs, Festivals, or God knows what (corporate parties, cruise ships...)

This is not the VH of 1984, 1987, 1993, or even 1996. I waited for a long time to see VH getback together with DLR. And to be honest, at this point, who gives a damn.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.07.14 @ 08:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What happens when they go out two years from now? With no new hits? Without the original band? Playing the same set list? With fan base now in the 35 to 60 range? They are not the Stones. They are not the Eagles. They might get big bucks this year. They can't command that money in Europe. So where do they go?

You're telling me they can command the same ticket price in the same market a year or two from now?

If they try it, they'll be playing to half empty halls. The next stop is either smaller theaters at high ticket prices or big crowds for a guaretee at State Fairs, Festivals, or God knows what (corporate parties, cruise ships...)

This is not the VH of 1984, 1987, 1993, or even 1996. I waited for a long time to see VH getback together with DLR. And to be honest, at this point, who gives a damn.
    Good point Cookie Monster. Why are you posting here then?
    "Great Things Like This Only Happen For The First Time Once..." Gary Busey

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:41 PM
    Liked 199 Times in 105 Posts

Who cares about 2 years from now!!! Take a fuckin' Prozac buddy.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:58 PM
    Liked 6,691 Times in 3,711 Posts

go away. We got enough morons that post here.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sinner's swing View Post

So I'm a troll? Why don't you go back and look at my past post? You'll find I've been more accurate and more knowledgable then a lot of these guys who have 5000 post.

At the end of the day... or year or whatever... Van Halen is on the road to a slow decline. And guess what? Even if they had Mike in the band, they are still on the road to being an oldies act.

Hagar was right. They should have ended with one massive world tour and then left it to the fans to remember. The Stones have kept it up for too long. They are a parody of their former granduor.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, Balance, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Beats Workin'
    Last Online

04.19.12 @ 02:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Plenty of us give a damn, if you don't, then go fuck yourself. If you don't give a damn, why post here ?
    "VH is like the chick who you haven't seen in a while... There were ups and downs, disappointments abound, but fucked ya so good. She calls ya and wants you to come over... You're not gonna remember the bad, you're gonna head over for a piece of ass... BUT, you're not goin' over there to get back together again for the longterm 'cause ya know it ain't gonna last forever!!!" -fast98dodge

~~~MY VH SHOWS~~~

Verizon Center-Washington DC 3/28/12

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Okay, so we got a bunch of 50 somethings playing (not counting Wolfie) on stage with no new music...

Sounds like a lot of other 50 somethings who have been playing music for 30 years plus...

And your point is what???
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60