Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.16.07 @ 05:30 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default 07' DVD Release?

I wonder If you think there is possibility for an DVD Realease of the 07' Tour, I mean, there is at least 2 Sammy DVD's out there. DO you at least think we're going to hear a great Audio version of the tour, I haven't heard one song in great quality yet. Is there any out there?

Thanks

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

I think this would be a great move by the band. Release a live CD/DVD of the 2007 tour with one or two new songs to satiate the fans until they can get into the studio and create the follow-up to "1984".
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5150 View Post
    I think this would be a great move by the band. Release a live CD/DVD of the 2007 tour with one or two new songs to satiate the fans until they can get into the studio and create the follow-up to "1984".
    COMPLETELY agree...but when has this band EVER done ANYTHING 'user-friendly'?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

Won't happen... they'd have to pay Michael Anthony since he's credited for writing on most of those songs.
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zahzoo View Post
    Won't happen... they'd have to pay Michael Anthony since he's credited for writing on most of those songs.
    Well, there is always this option, which contained no music whatsoever...

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Last Online

08.05.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

I'm willing to bet that they will have a CD/DVD release only once they get signed again. Remember, they dont have a label now. Of course they can get one in about 1 second but it will take some time to work all the details out.

As for MA getting royalties...he might have signed that away back in 2004. If he didn't then he will get his cut for the time being.

I feel very strongly that Ed wants his son Wolfgang to be recorded and put on CD/DVD with him in the near future.

Favorite VH Album

I, II, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Jump/D.O.A./Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 09:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyVanHalen View Post
    I'm willing to bet that they will have a CD/DVD release only once they get signed again. Remember, they dont have a label now. Of course they can get one in about 1 second but it will take some time to work all the details out.

As for MA getting royalties...he might have signed that away back in 2004. If he didn't then he will get his cut for the time being.

I feel very strongly that Ed wants his son Wolfgang to be recorded and put on CD/DVD with him in the near future.
    doesn't the revisionist history now not include MA on the credits? i thought that in fact was the whole big deal in '04? i don't know how these contracts work, but minimum he would still get some form of royalty from the 6-pack for at least performing on there, but maybe no royalties for when a song gets played on the radio/mtv/internet...

as for the live release, i think it would have to be a show they considered special, and i don't know if to VH that means MSG or LA... i think it would be lame if they piece-mealed one together of the "best" performances from different shows (i hate it when artists do that)... give me an actual show, warts and all... i think they should release something from '07 and follow it up with a classic show release as well (although you run into the MA issue again, so that won't happen easily)...
    Runaround... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around...

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:15 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

Of course Eddie wants his kid recorded. I'm sure they'll find a label stupid enough to waste money on them. VH isn't exactly consistent.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

How many say I
    Last Online

12.26.07 @ 08:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ain't Talkin' Bout' Love View Post
    Of course Eddie wants his kid recorded. I'm sure they'll find a label stupid enough to waste money on them. VH isn't exactly consistent.
    That's why there will be a new album.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Failing that, there's always...

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darthadv View Post
    as for the live release, i think it would have to be a show they considered special, and i don't know if to VH that means MSG or LA...
    I don't think it would necessarily "have to be a special show," remember Hagar's first tour was caught live on video in New Haven. What's so special about New Haven? .....and I'm from Connecticut.

I would be the first one in line for a DVD of this current tour. I just don't see it happening. I guess all these years of being a VH fan has done that to me. I hope they prove me wrong and release the best DVD possible, hell I'll even take an audio CD with great quality sound of one of these shows. And then they can follow that up with a CD of new material.
    Hey anything is possible...I mean Roth is on tour in Van Halen again...

...but I'm not getting my hopes up.
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Last Online

08.06.15 @ 01:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Well, there is always this option, which contained no music whatsoever...

Listening to a CD of Dave stage raps and stories might be surprisingly entertaining.
    Denis Leary's World According to Van Halen (circa 1994): Sammy, Eddie, Eddie's brother and the other guy.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

11.15.17 @ 03:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, to that end, has anyone that's seen them noticed film crews at the shows. I mean, I know there are cameras there for the big screens behind the stage. How much more trouble would it really be for them to actually record a show?

Last Online

Why would it be a waste? Dont you want new music or are you still yearning for Michael Anthony and Sammy to rejoin? I still can't understand why people participate in this forum if you hate the band so much...

Last Online

At Charlotte there wasn't a presence of film cameras besides the main camera for the big screen. I bet the bigger shows, MSG, LA, VEGAS, will get filmed...

Plus they are probably waiting for more experience in the tour once they get relaxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Well, to that end, has anyone that's seen them noticed film crews at the shows. I mean, I know there are cameras there for the big screens behind the stage. How much more trouble would it really be for them to actually record a show?