Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

"When It's Love"
    Last Online

08.31.16 @ 06:17 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Default Any trash-talking?

I was wondering if there's been any trash talking from DLR regarding Sammy or Michael. If not, do you think Eddie issued a ban on it?

Headed to the Cleveland show tomorrow, can't wait.
    My website: www.timmcnulty.com

Last Online

04.27.08 @ 12:41 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by timmytripper View Post
    I was wondering if there's been any trash talking from DLR regarding Sammy or Michael. If not, do you think Eddie issued a ban on it?

Dave obviously has been instructed to behave and do whatever the bros. say. His performance looks heavily structured, very entertaining, but very structured and under control by the van halens. No complaints at all, but very obvious to see.
    Ya lollygag around around the infield, ya lollygag down to 1st, ya lollygag in and out of the dugout...ya know what that makes you?...LARRRY!!?......... .LOLLYGAGGERS!! lollygagers... -Bull Durham

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:48 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BOSOXRULE View Post
    Dave obviously has been instructed to behave and do whatever the bros. say. His performance looks heavily structured, very entertaining, but very structured and under control by the van halens. No complaints at all, but very obvious to see.
    Roth has been this structured for about 10 years. This is the schtick he matured into. He hasn't run about the stage since his Skyscraper tour.

The reason they haven't been trash talking is because 1) they don't need to, the performace does all the talking for them 2) they know the fans are upset about Mike and there's no need to piss them off any further. Also, Roth has seen the bottom of fame and I'm sure isn't interested in gloating when he is about 1 argument or bottle of Loon away from playing clubs again.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

van halen I / fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 10:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by timmytripper View Post

or you mean pulling crap like this?

can you imagine if the 'new / old' van halen decided to pull a sammy tribute act on stage....

at first i thought it was the other two REALLY making fun of roth until i realized this band, fan halen is an actual act and i am like 'oh my' how tragic.... i cant believe anyone would watch that ....

i think at this point everyone should just go their own ways and do their own thing, and that any talk on any side is pointless now....

Last Online

08.05.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

After watching that I can now understand why Mike and Sammy are out of the band. They are immature douche bags who are bitter. What a shame they choose to ruin their legacy by making fun of what got them success in the first place. Without Diamond Dave...there would never have been a Sammy in VH. What a pair of idiots!

Quote Originally Posted by cat man99 View Post
    or you mean pulling crap like this?

can you imagine if the 'new / old' van halen decided to pull a sammy tribute act on stage....

at first i thought it was the other two REALLY making fun of roth until i realized this band, fan halen is an actual act and i am like 'oh my' how tragic.... i cant believe anyone would watch that ....

i think at this point everyone should just go their own ways and do their own thing, and that any talk on any side is pointless now....

Favorite VH Song

tough decision
    Last Online

05.04.13 @ 04:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what a retarted video!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyVanHalen View Post
    After watching that I can now understand why Mike and Sammy are out of the band. They are immature douche bags who are bitter. What a shame they choose to ruin their legacy by making fun of what got them success in the first place. Without Diamond Dave...there would never have been a Sammy in VH. What a pair of idiots!

Actually Sammy was considered before Dave...so there was a possibility.....but probably not you're right..........
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

08.09.17 @ 12:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The real shame of that video is that it actually sounded damn good!

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyVanHalen View Post
    Oh yeah, and EVH isn't a total loser. At least Sam and Mike are credible, dave is a laughing stock for most but us fans. The only three with any credibility are sam, mike, and wolfgang.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    Actually Sammy was considered before Dave...so there was a possibility.....but probably not you're right..........
    That's NEVER been proven, has ALWAYS been an unsubstanciated rumor only mentioned in 1986. EVH said it, Hagar also did as well. Funny how Ted Templeman, Lenny Waronker, Mo Ostin and the likes have NEVER backed up the claim nor was it ever spoken of after the 1986 verbal combat?

Personally, I don't believe it ever happened and both EVH and SH were full of shit and just trying to sell the new product.
    Last edited by MAX; 10.10.07 at 08:22 AM.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

van halen I / fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 10:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

interesting....

no one is blameless in all this BUT i am fascinated by people on this site that are sooooooo sucked into the sam / mike PR machine.... and think they are lily-white in all of this....

granted they have done a pretty good job publically with the pr, bit you really are naive if you think that sam hagar is a credible person.... the man very wisely took a golden opportunity that he NEVER would have had otherwise back in the mid 1980's and ran with it and milked it for all it was worth, but please do not think for a minute this man is a champion of righteousness or for the fans.... the fact that there are people that buy his thing just proves how good he is at pr....

i think what everyone is missing is that the soap opera was there from day one, and EVERYONE has played some role in it and EVERYONE has profited from it....

i just wish the sam / mike fans would be happy going and doing their thing (and good for them) and the mighty van halen fans can go do their thing and at the end of the day, everyone be happy....

my take is that the more the shows go on and speak for themselves, vs. sam giving interviews rambling on about me supposed to be missing poundcake or eagles fly is only going to tarnish him.... which is too bad....

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Ou812max View Post
    That's NEVER been proven, has ALWAYS been an unsubstanciated rumor only mentioned in 1986. EVH said it, Hagar also did as well. Funny how Ted Templeman, Lenny Waronker, Mo Ostin and the likes have NEVER backed up the claim nor was it ever spoken of after the 1986 verbal combat?

Personally, I don't believe it ever happened and both EVH and SH were full of shit and just trying to sell the new product.

Oh and that vide clip was dumb as fuck too. Shouldn't those two be relying on their own Van Hagar material?
    What is the hourly rate Dave is paying you to defend him, Counselor ?
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Ain't Talkin' Bout' Love View Post
    Oh yeah, and EVH isn't a total loser. At least Sam and Mike are credible, dave is a laughing stock for most but us fans. The only three with any credibility are sam, mike, and wolfgang.
    Oh really?

Tell that to the cheering crowds during all of the CURRENT and SOLD OUT shows!!!
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by cat man99 View Post
    interesting....

no one is blameless in all this BUT i am fascinated by people on this site that are sooooooo sucked into the sam / mike PR machine.... and think they are lily-white in all of this....

granted they have done a pretty good job publically with the pr, bit you really are naive if you think that sam hagar is a credible person.... the man very wisely took a golden opportunity that he NEVER would have had otherwise back in the mid 1980's and ran with it and milked it for all it was worth, but please do not think for a minute this man is a champion of righteousness or for the fans.... the fact that there are people that buy his thing just proves how good he is at pr....

i think what everyone is missing is that the soap opera was there from day one, and EVERYONE has played some role in it and EVERYONE has profited from it....

i just wish the sam / mike fans would be happy going and doing their thing (and good for them) and the mighty van halen fans can go do their thing and at the end of the day, everyone be happy....

my take is that the more the shows go on and speak for themselves, vs. sam giving interviews rambling on about me supposed to be missing poundcake or eagles fly is only going to tarnish him.... which is too bad....

Agreed...but it's more like Dave fans vs Mike/Sam fans....it has nothing to do with VH fans because we ARE ALL Van Halen fans....preferably with all the true members in tact...... ....we should all be happy though....but...I'm not

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Ou812max View Post
    Oh really?

Tell that to the cheering crowds during all of the CURRENT and SOLD OUT shows!!!
    Is it $125/hour or $215/h I always get mixed up?

The only reason fans are out seeing this tour (including myself)...is because Dave is back! PERIOD....when the local newspapers write..."It's been 23 years...." "22 years in the making..." "Reunion!".....it makes people's ears perk up....do you think people would be going to see this show if they got some other singer? Please answer in the form of a question.....