Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Connecticut preparing to release rapist under strict conditions

SOMERS, Conn. - State officials say a serial rapist who attacked women in several Connecticut towns will face some of the strictest probation conditions in the state when he is released from prison this week.

David Pollitt, 54, formerly of Clinton, has served more than 24 years in prison for sexual assaults on women in Old Lyme, Waterford, Killingworth, Rocky Hill and Wallingford. Police also suspected him of rapes in other towns in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

State Correction Department records show that Pollitt is at the Osborn Correctional Institution in Somers and is due to be released Friday at the latest. He will serve five years of probation.

Pollitt is expected to live with his sister somewhere in Connecticut after his release. His sister’s hometown was unknown, but his address should be posted on the state’s sex offender registry within days of his release.

Under his probation conditions, Pollitt will have to wear a monitoring bracelet that will be used to track his whereabouts by satellite, register with the state as a sex offender for the rest of his life and notify police of his address every three months.

He must also undergo sex offender evaluation and treatment, notify probation officials of existing or new romantic or sexual relationships, have no contact with his victims, not hitchhike or pick up hitchhikers, not date or socialize with anyone who has children under 16 unless approved by probation officials and stay away from schools, parks, playground or other areas frequented by children under 16.

Probation officials will also have authority over where Pollitt lives and works and what kind of electronic equipment he can own.

Officials with the Department of Adult Probation say they will monitor Pollitt closely, because he committed “stranger rapes” and may have problems adjusting to life outside prison after serving a long sentence.

“I can see it taking him a long time to get readjusted,” said Chief Probation Officer William Anselmo, who heads the department’s sex offender program.

Probation officials said Pollitt had little or no sex offender treatment in prison and he amassed seven disciplinary reports. He has never publicly acknowledged that he raped the women, but his treatment while on probation will require him to take responsibility for the crimes.

At the time of the attacks, Pollitt was a heavy equipment operator for Amtrak and lived in Clinton with his wife and two children. A court official said his wife and children left the area while he was in prison and are no longer part of his life.

State’s Attorney Michael L. Regan said two of Pollitt’s victims in Waterford and Old Lyme were picked at random, and the seriousness of the crimes has not faded with time.

“This was a serial rapist. ... This is your worst nightmare,” Regan said.

Pollitt’s victims may have different reactions to his release, said Georgette J. Katin, director of the Sexual Assault Crisis Center of Eastern Connecticut.

“For some victims, clearly this is going to bring back the memories of the offense, bring back the feelings,” Katin said. “It’s going to cause anxiety and concerns for personal safety. For other victims, they may handle it in a different way.”

Connecticut Department of Correction
    This undated photo provided by the Connecticut Department of Correction shows David Pollitt, 54, of Clinton, Conn., Pollitt will be released from prison in October 2007 under some of the strictest probation conditions in the state. Officials say Pollitt is a serial rapist who attacked women in several Connecticut towns.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'd like to believe that redemption is possible for all but I have a bad feeling about this. How many violent sex offenders get "rehabilitated"? I hope I'm wrong.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:18 PM
    Liked 305 Times in 225 Posts

Just think they might be trying to make room for someone who's sharing their song files on the net.

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Well this is another tragedy waiting to happen. Very few rapists are rehabilitated and policing these rules is going to be almost impossible. I can see him back inside before long and some other poor woman's life will be in tatters.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:44 PM
    Liked 1,625 Times in 871 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

His head should be "released" from the rest of his body.
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Great, one of his attacks occurred in Wallingford. If I see him out walking the streets I may have to introduce myself and have a little stop and chat....with a baseball bat.
    Better yet, Axxman, can I borrow your chainsaw?
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.