Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

Default How to be a Buffalo Sports Fan

1. Suffer through 4 Superbowl losses in a row. But hey, they were AFC champs 4 years in a row!

2. Tune into CNN and watch your Hall of Fame running back OJ Simpson goes through a really ugly murder trial.

3. 1999 PLayoffs Bills vs. Titans - Music City Miracle? NOT! Forward Pass

4. Watch as Brett Hull scores the winning goal to win the Stanley Cup. With his skate in the crease.

5. Hey, isn't that OJ in the news again....

6. 2007...NFL season week 1, Donkeys kick FG as time expires, win by 1 point
    NFL season week 5, 'America's Team' kick FG as time expires, win by 1 point

Let's Go Buffalo!!
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

no....I'm not bitter.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

No real reason to be. The Buffalo Bills went to 4 straight Super Bowls, a feat more than likely to never again see the light of day. That overwhelming achievement in and of itself should be reason enough for any fan, either native to the region or not, to hold his/her head high.

Think of that, and realise that there are sports franchises out there that have yet to even taste a single winning season, let alone come so close to so many.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    The Buffalo Bills went to 4 straight Super Bowls, a feat more than likely to never again see the light of day.
    Think of that, and realise that there are sports franchises out there that have yet to even taste a single winning season, let alone come so close to so many.
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheBeginning View Post
    1. But hey, they were AFC champs 4 years in a row!
    Let's Go Buffalo!!
    Right on!

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Right on!
    Absolutely. The battles waged between the Bills and the Dolphins during those years was some of the finest football ever played. Being a Miami fan, even I felt a touch of pride when Thurman Thomas was recognised during last night's game at halftime.

Furthermore, I'd wager that any Dolphin fan present during those years has the utmost respect for the Bills and their accomplishments.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

Thanks Chef. Funny thing about Buffalo. I'm not from there, but have been to a number of games at the Ralph. On Bills - Dolphins games you would be surprised at the number of fins fans there. It seems if you live in Buffalo and for some reason are not a Bills fan...guess who you are a fan of??? Miami! Usually pretty good fans. I made it to a few games at Joe Robbie back in the Bills heyday. Fans were OK except for the guy that threw a beer at me, and I was 3 rows from the top of the stadium! I remember a Fins - Pats game in '94 at Joe Robbie. What a shootout. Marino and Bledsoe both went for over 400 yards. Marino was a stud, glad he made it to the HOF...after Jim Kelly!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.26.09 @ 04:51 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1. Suffer through 4 Superbowl losses in a row. But hey, they were AFC champs 4 years in a row!

2. Tune into CNN and watch your Hall of Fame running back OJ Simpson goes through a really ugly murder trial.

3. 1999 PLayoffs Bills vs. Titans - Music City Miracle? NOT! Forward Pass

4. Watch as Brett Hull scores the winning goal to win the Stanley Cup. With his skate in the crease.

5. Hey, isn't that OJ in the news again....

Let's Go Buffalo!!
    #4: If Hull was going for the puck, he can be all in, as far as I know. Now, if he was planted there waiting for the puck, that is a different story!

As for being a Buffalo fan, I think you'd have to be a hardcore drinker to survive. Go Bills, they still have a shot in the playoffs!!!! HAAAAhahaha!

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

During that year the NHL had a rule that you could not be in the crease at all when attempting a chance on goal. It was a stupid rule and I'm glad they changed it.

They enforced it all year, and when they needed it most, they failed. That goal should have never counted.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

How 'bout those Cowboys! And Stars! You could always cheer for the Texas teams. At least then you would know what its like to BEAT the Buffalo teams.

Let's Go Buffalo!!
    Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 12:46 PM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I was a season ticket holder for the Bills for 9 years, 3 of them being the last 3 Super Bowl years and as hard as it was to lose those games at the time, man did I get to witness some of the greatest football ever played. Watching that no-huddle offense operate was incredible week after week. I agree that we probably won't be seeing the 4 in a row repeated anytime soon if at all. With each passing year it gets harder and harder to keep a team together with free agency etc.
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy5150 View Post
    I was a season ticket holder for the Bills for 9 years, 3 of them being the last 3 Super Bowl years and as hard as it was to lose those games at the time, man did I get to witness some of the greatest football ever played. Watching that no-huddle offense operate was incredible week after week. I agree that we probably won't be seeing the 4 in a row repeated anytime soon if at all. With each passing year it gets harder and harder to keep a team together with free agency etc.
    Sounds like they may be playing a couple of games up in your neck of the woods in the future. Bills to play in Toronto