Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire (Live)
    Last Online

03.02.12 @ 12:47 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Van Hayride

Has anyone seen the VH cover band, Van Hayride, perform? I just saw them tonight at a bar in New York City. They do spectacular countrified and campy versions of VH classics (including "Could This Be Magic?", "Big Bad Bill" w/ukelele, "Aint Talkin' Bout Love," "Take Your Whiskey Home," "Jamie's Cryin'," "Feel Your Love Tonight," "Running With the Devil," "And the Cradle Will Rock," "Ice Cream Man," "Hot for Teacher," etc).

They've got a theatrically-trained lead singer w/attitude who looks a little like Jack Black and sports a big-ass cowboy hat. He's accompanied by a keyboardist, bass player, drummer and trombonist/ukelele player, who all contribute background vocals. The lead singer really runs the show and sets the tone- he brings all the attitude, schtick, energy, irony, biting sarcasm, cynicism, spontaneity/improv, unpredictability, drama, warmth and humor that Diamond Dave originally brought to the band, back in the day... Mind you, I just saw VH w/DLR for the first time, two days beforehand on 10/5, at Mohegan Sun in CT, so this refreshing Van Hayride performance just made my VH-themed weekend that much sweeter.

FYI: I spoke with the singer after the show and he said they're going to be playing a special concert after VH's MSG show on 11/13 at BB King's Bar And Grill. Another well-known NY-area VH cover band, Unchained, will be playing at BB King's that night, too. I've seen Unchained perform before, and as much as I enjoyed their straight ahead version of VH, Van Hayride's schtick resonates so much more with me. Go check 'em out.

Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 06:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

they're on my myspace friends list they do have a certain "something" going on

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!