Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Last Online

08.05.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

Default What a difference 9 months can make...

I just watch a video of Ed in January of 2007 at NAMM playing the frankenstein guitar and he was clearly intoxicated...although his playing was stil pretty awesome (except for trying to electocute himself with the chord).

Anyway, Ed was messed up pretty bad at the beginning of this year and he sure did a nice job of getting clean and touring as they promised.

I'm sure happy for the guy....hope it stays...cause he looked horrible at NAMM...he looks great now and is playing great as well. In some cases different but hey it's been 30 years since VH1...

Anyway...i'm still enjoying them and these live shows on torrent...i'm in bliss...just finished a rep Frankie of my own....jammin it tonight to FW!

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 03:05 PM
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyVanHalen View Post
    I just watch a video of Ed in January of 2007 at NAMM playing the frankenstein guitar and he was clearly intoxicated...although his playing was stil pretty awesome (except for trying to electocute himself with the chord).

Anyway, Ed was messed up pretty bad at the beginning of this year and he sure did a nice job of getting clean and touring as they promised.

I'm sure happy for the guy....hope it stays...cause he looked horrible at NAMM...he looks great now and is playing great as well. In some cases different but hey it's been 30 years since VH1...

Anyway...i'm still enjoying them and these live shows on torrent...i'm in bliss...just finished a rep Frankie of my own....jammin it tonight to FW!
    I agree dude. Rock on. Keep jammin'.

Last Online

07.27.11 @ 07:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I always said Dave would be a parody of his former self, Ed would be a drunk, the tour would be a joke,...I said so many negative things.

They have proved me wrong.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:58 PM
    Liked 171 Times in 102 Posts

While I applaud these guys if they really, genuinely get along, I'm still very cautious. The tour isn't over yet and I don't have a new album in my hand.

For me, a good, new album and a successful tour would be the mark of a strong band.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later
    Last Online

07.05.16 @ 02:37 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Ed does look and sound great; continued good health to out Guitar God!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

03.01.12 @ 05:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Eddie is certainly in much better shape than he was back in January but I still think that Eddie is drinking. He doesn't look as healthy as he did when he first re-emerged from rehab.

A haircut and new teeth have more to do with Eddie's "healthy" appearance than anything. His playing is definitely much better than it was in 2004 but his playing is still very sloppy based on what i've heard from the bootlegs of the Charlotte and Philly shows. After listening to both of them a couple of times, it's quite obvious that his timing is off and Alex does a terrific job of covering up Eddie's mistakes.

Last Online

01.01.08 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roth & Roll View Post
    Eddie is certainly in much better shape than he was back in January but I still think that Eddie is drinking. He doesn't look as healthy as he did when he first re-emerged from rehab.

A haircut and new teeth have more to do with Eddie's "healthy" appearance than anything. His playing is definitely much better than it was in 2004 but his playing is still very sloppy based on what i've heard from the bootlegs of the Charlotte and Philly shows. After listening to both of them a couple of times, it's quite obvious that his timing is off and Alex does a terrific job of covering up Eddie's mistakes.
    I say this with all due respect, you can't base anything that he's currently doing on stage to drinking.

Have you ever been an alcoholic? Ever tried to stop drinking?drugs? You think you just stop drinking and your body goes right back to normal?

If anything, I think it's an adjustment for Ed not to play buzzed.

IMHO there isn't a single moment I've seen yet in these shows to indicate that he has been drinking. And I think people should not assume that he is.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

The one's Ed plays on
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 11:43 AM
    Liked 847 Times in 396 Posts

Premium Member

??
    ...AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY, GOD CREATED VAN HALEN

VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

03.01.12 @ 05:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    I say this with all due respect, you can't base anything that he's currently doing on stage to drinking.

Have you ever been an alcoholic? Ever tried to stop drinking?drugs? You think you just stop drinking and your body goes right back to normal?

IMHO there isn't a single moment I've seen yet in these shows to indicate that he has been drinking. And I think people should not assume that he is.
    I'm basing my opinion; which should not be mistaken for fact on Eddie's appearance.

And yes, I do know what it's like to be an alcoholic. I've been on the wagon for 2 years, 7 months as of October 11.

Last Online

01.01.08 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm basing my opinion; which should not be mistaken for fact on Eddie's appearance.

And yes, I do know what it's like to be an alcoholic. I've been on the wagon for 2 years, 7 months as of October 11.
    Then again, I say this will all due respect, you should never judge by appearances. Even saying "well in my opinion he's still drinking is irresponsible. (not trying to sound condemning when I say that)

Good for you beating the bottle. All the best!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love & Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.07 @ 01:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blount5150 View Post
    I always said Dave would be a parody of his former self, Ed would be a drunk, the tour would be a joke,...I said so many negative things.

They have proved me wrong.
    Kudos to you for admiting that. Alot of posters would never admit such a thing. My hats off to you bro.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post

I agree with you completely! IMO, You can tell Ed's happy and healthy. You can tell by his appearance, regardless of his hair or teeth. Look at the color of his skin, and he's obviously working out (what a freakin bod ). He also has that twinkle back in his eyes. Ed's taking care of Ed, and that makes me happier than anything else he could do. I don't ever want to imagine what it would be like without him.

Keep it up Ed! Good vibes!!

On Fire
    Last Online

12.01.17 @ 02:26 PM
    Liked 38 Times in 17 Posts

Ed looks better(he could put on some more weight and get over 130 pounds) and is playing better than he did in 1/07 that's for sure. His playing, as I mentioned in another thread, will never be what it was in his prime. This happens with many guitar players anyway when they get older including
    Mr.Vai....and he tours a lot. I think even Steve has lost some of his chops(here come the flames ) to a degree, but he still has done a much better job at retaining what he had than Ed. But Ed is Ed, VH had great tunes which is why they still put asses in 20,000 seat arenas.

Eruption
    Last Online

10.26.17 @ 05:29 PM
    Liked 172 Times in 106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Railrunner130 View Post
    While I applaud these guys if they really, genuinely get along, I'm still very cautious. The tour isn't over yet and I don't have a new album in my hand.

For me, a good, new album and a successful tour would be the mark of a strong band.
    I'd love to have a new album, but honestly, if they decided to call it quits after this tour, I'd be content. They are playing as good or better than they ever have and if they decided this is it, then at least they would be going out on a high note and not the shadow of their former selves we though they were going to be. I'm finally getting my chance to see Dave and Eddie together next Sunday...and in top form. That's all I can ask for. Anything beyond that is just icing on the cake.

Favorite VH Album

balance
    Favorite VH Song

Finish What ya started
    Last Online

07.24.09 @ 01:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

?

Quote Originally Posted by VHisback View Post
    I'd love to have a new album, but honestly, if they decided to call it quits after this tour, I'd be content. .
    what kind of "new band" would call it quits after one tour???
    keVH