Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Cabo B-Bash 07

  1. #1
    Eruption servoguy101's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.05
    Age
    47
    Location
    atlanta
    Posts
    1,244
    Favorite VH Album

    BOBW
    Favorite VH Song

    Crossing over
    Last Online

    04.03.12 @ 11:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Cabo B-Bash 07

    hey, who is going? any news on who any of the guests are this year? Also, if anyone is planning on fishing, the week of 8-15, its a lunar blackout, all good fishing... PM me if anyone wants to go..
    Sam, Dave,Gary... who cares. its all about what makes you feel good.

  2. #2
    Cabo-holic cabo_brent's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.28.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    2,078
    Last Online

    08.21.14 @ 01:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    surprised...no updates from the first night of the 60th B-day bash yet...attendees are likely still drunk...
    ...and in the end, on dreams we will depend...


    VH Shows: 18
    Dave Solo Shows: 9
    Sam Solo Shows: 14
    Chickenfoot Shows: 2

    The CABO count...my trips to Baja:
    Jan. 2001
    Apr. 2004
    Jan. 2006
    April 2009
    Sept 2013
    May 2014

  3. #3
    Hot For Teacher 5150canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.17.07
    Age
    50
    Location
    Toronto/Canada
    Posts
    228
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Wairning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street
    Last Online

    12.20.12 @ 04:19 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Just got back from vacation in Cabo last night,saw Sammy and the Wabos play Thursday night (great show but no Mike that night) Their was talk down in Cabo about the following mayby showing up Carlos Santana,Bono,Toby Keith...What a great time weather was in the mid 90"S,I have lots of pictures from the show (3ft from the stage) will post some when I have time.......Also Sammy was askiing the crowd that if he came out with a Cabo Wabo beer,if they would buy over Corona ?...Looks like they have plans to expand the Wabo line !...Later....
    [/SIGPIC]See Ya Derek !....5150canuck

  4. #4
    Cabo-holic cabo_brent's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.28.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    2,078
    Last Online

    08.21.14 @ 01:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5150canuck View Post
    Just got back from vacation in Cabo last night,saw Sammy and the Wabos play Thursday night (great show but no Mike that night) Their was talk down in Cabo about the following mayby showing up Carlos Santana,Bono,Toby Keith...What a great time weather was in the mid 90"S,I have lots of pictures from the show (3ft from the stage) will post some when I have time.......Also Sammy was askiing the crowd that if he came out with a Cabo Wabo beer,if they would buy over Corona ?...Looks like they have plans to expand the Wabo line !...Later....
    cool...nice to hear you had a good time...there's nothing like Cabo San Lucas..can't wait to see some pics. By the by...didn't Sam have a Cabo beer back in 2000/01? Seem to recall seeing some t-shirts at his online store...good idea..i'd buy the stuff!
    ...and in the end, on dreams we will depend...


    VH Shows: 18
    Dave Solo Shows: 9
    Sam Solo Shows: 14
    Chickenfoot Shows: 2

    The CABO count...my trips to Baja:
    Jan. 2001
    Apr. 2004
    Jan. 2006
    April 2009
    Sept 2013
    May 2014

  5. #5
    Hang 'Em High
    Join Date
    06.17.03
    Age
    30
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Posts
    6,980
    Favorite VH Album

    You name it
    Favorite VH Song

    See above
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 05:15 AM
    Likes
    310
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

    Default

    There is still talk of a Cabo beer, and I'd buy it over Corona any day. If his beer is ANYWHERE near as Cabo tequila it has to be half decent.

  6. #6
    Good Enough Vince G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    03.22.02
    Age
    51
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,804
    Favorite VH Album

    "Fair Warning" & "OU812"
    Favorite VH Song

    "Romeo Delight" & "Cabo Wabo"
    Last Online

    09.21.15 @ 04:44 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Here's a recap of what happened last night:

    "the 10/11 show was Collective Soul & MA Express.
    CS was quite enjoyable, the lead singer was just blown away by the Cantina crowd. They ran thru all their hits I recognized, then at the end they did a AC/DC medely that F'n rocked! Mike came down for the "highway to heel" portion. (more on that in a minute)
    Then MA express came down & had a good show, other than during ZZ top Vic had Amp trouble. Vic Says " shit happens in Cabo".

    Ok, here's the part that pretty much sums it up:
    In between the CS & MAE sets, this chick standing next to me (in the back corner of the bar) says to me:
    Who was it that came down & sang with Collective Soul?
    (Me, shaking head) "that's Michael Anthony" I said.
    Then the three of them were discussing something, then she asks me:
    (are you ready?)
    "Who is Michael Anthony?"
    Sheesh...... ......... ......... ......

    BTW, when we got out of the show, the line for tickets for the 10/12 show was already wrapped around the block to the Gigglin' Marlin as of midnight."
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

    "This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen. ."

    "I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."

    -George Carlin 1937 - 2008

  7. #7
    Cabo-holic cabo_brent's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.28.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    2,078
    Last Online

    08.21.14 @ 01:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vince G. View Post
    Here's a recap of what happened last night:

    "the 10/11 show was Collective Soul & MA Express.
    CS was quite enjoyable, the lead singer was just blown away by the Cantina crowd. They ran thru all their hits I recognized, then at the end they did a AC/DC medely that F'n rocked! Mike came down for the "highway to heel" portion. (more on that in a minute)
    Then MA express came down & had a good show, other than during ZZ top Vic had Amp trouble. Vic Says " shit happens in Cabo".

    Ok, here's the part that pretty much sums it up:
    In between the CS & MAE sets, this chick standing next to me (in the back corner of the bar) says to me:
    Who was it that came down & sang with Collective Soul?
    (Me, shaking head) "that's Michael Anthony" I said.
    Then the three of them were discussing something, then she asks me:
    (are you ready?)
    "Who is Michael Anthony?"
    Sheesh...... ......... ......... ......

    BTW, when we got out of the show, the line for tickets for the 10/12 show was already wrapped around the block to the Gigglin' Marlin as of midnight."
    if the lineup started from the front entrance of the cantina and stretched to the Gig Marlin...that's a long line!!! hopefully people took turns going to fetch beer from Rip's and tacos from Taco Loco in Plaza de los Mariachis!
    ...and in the end, on dreams we will depend...


    VH Shows: 18
    Dave Solo Shows: 9
    Sam Solo Shows: 14
    Chickenfoot Shows: 2

    The CABO count...my trips to Baja:
    Jan. 2001
    Apr. 2004
    Jan. 2006
    April 2009
    Sept 2013
    May 2014

  8. #8
    Eruption AVH Blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.30.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,400
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Last Online

    02.17.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Time for Who the *uck is Michael Anthony shirts?
    If you want a little peace, sometimes you got to fight
    We got to walk through the darkness
    Before we stand in the light.
    -S. Hagar

    http://www.chickenfoot.us/

  9. #9
    Baluchitherium KT's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.04
    Age
    45
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,148
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

    08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cabo_brent View Post
    if the lineup started from the front entrance of the cantina and stretched to the Gig Marlin...that's a long line!!! hopefully people took turns going to fetch beer from Rip's and tacos from Taco Loco in Plaza de los Mariachis!

    OMG...TACO LOCO!!!!!!!! This is freakin' torture. I'm homesick for my second home. I always hear people talking about Rip's but don't hear much mention of The Jungle Bar, which is our favorite. I'd give anything for some fish tacos and a Pacifico with lime from Taco Loco!!!
    Meet me in Cabo!

  10. #10
    Cabo-holic cabo_brent's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.28.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    2,078
    Last Online

    08.21.14 @ 01:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktgiles View Post
    OMG...TACO LOCO!!!!!!!! This is freakin' torture. I'm homesick for my second home. I always hear people talking about Rip's but don't hear much mention of The Jungle Bar, which is our favorite. I'd give anything for some fish tacos and a Pacifico with lime from Taco Loco!!!
    Taco Loco is fantastic...where else can you get 3 tacos and a beer for like 5 bucks???!!! I really like Rip's 'cause of the horseshoe bar...kinda cool hangout...plus you can look up from there and see the Cantina restaurant...comforting! My fav beer there is Tecate...
    ...and in the end, on dreams we will depend...


    VH Shows: 18
    Dave Solo Shows: 9
    Sam Solo Shows: 14
    Chickenfoot Shows: 2

    The CABO count...my trips to Baja:
    Jan. 2001
    Apr. 2004
    Jan. 2006
    April 2009
    Sept 2013
    May 2014

  11. #11
    Eruption servoguy101's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.05.05
    Age
    47
    Location
    atlanta
    Posts
    1,244
    Favorite VH Album

    BOBW
    Favorite VH Song

    Crossing over
    Last Online

    04.03.12 @ 11:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    THe lines this year were out of control. The locals have totaly taken over, there were several packs that would send out one guy to bring a group in, then another would leave so they always had 2,3 locals there and straigh up intimidated their way into the line. When we finally got our tix, the MGR asked how long we had to wait, how was it etc.. ( very nice guy ) but said that next year, theyre planning on handing out lottery numbers @ 4am to offset this new trend they are having ..

    I told him.. the should create a red Rocker Cabo card, every year you go, get your card swiped, scanned, whatever..you accumulate points & after so long, youre automatically granted enterance.. He paused and said it was a good idea and wrote it down... NOW that is the club to be a card carrying ..member..
    Sam, Dave,Gary... who cares. its all about what makes you feel good.

  12. #12
    Cabo-holic cabo_brent's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.28.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    2,078
    Last Online

    08.21.14 @ 01:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by servoguy101 View Post
    THe lines this year were out of control. The locals have totaly taken over, there were several packs that would send out one guy to bring a group in, then another would leave so they always had 2,3 locals there and straigh up intimidated their way into the line. When we finally got our tix, the MGR asked how long we had to wait, how was it etc.. ( very nice guy ) but said that next year, theyre planning on handing out lottery numbers @ 4am to offset this new trend they are having ..

    I told him.. the should create a red Rocker Cabo card, every year you go, get your card swiped, scanned, whatever..you accumulate points & after so long, youre automatically granted enterance.. He paused and said it was a good idea and wrote it down... NOW that is the club to be a card carrying ..member..
    sign me up for that program!!
    ...and in the end, on dreams we will depend...


    VH Shows: 18
    Dave Solo Shows: 9
    Sam Solo Shows: 14
    Chickenfoot Shows: 2

    The CABO count...my trips to Baja:
    Jan. 2001
    Apr. 2004
    Jan. 2006
    April 2009
    Sept 2013
    May 2014

  13. #13
    Hot For Teacher 5150canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.17.07
    Age
    50
    Location
    Toronto/Canada
    Posts
    228
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Wairning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street
    Last Online

    12.20.12 @ 04:19 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    The problem is people are paying the locals to stand in line for them ($100 going rate) and they show up and collect their tickets.I like the lottery thing but I think it should be done way before you go down to Cabo.A lottery like they have for the Masters golf tickets would work,that way you don't get all the way down there to find out you can't get in !...
    [/SIGPIC]See Ya Derek !....5150canuck

  14. #14
    Eruption Dr5115's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.04.04
    Age
    44
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    1,295
    Favorite VH Album

    VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Humans Being
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 10:35 AM
    Likes
    172
    Liked 192 Times in 87 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Agreed

    If I knew I had tickets, I'd certainly go. With technology today there is no reason we shouldn't be able to buy tickets online and have verification codes, credit cards, etc. to ensure that the fans get the tickets.

  15. #15
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    07.18.06
    Age
    46
    Location
    Sopranoville, NJ
    Posts
    2,406
    Favorite VH Song

    5150
    Last Online

    06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktgiles View Post
    I always hear people talking about Rip's but don't hear much mention of The Jungle Bar, which is our favorite.
    Is that the funky bar in the plaza outside the cantina? The one with the parrot who sits above the bar? I love that place! It's dirt cheap and they have really bad bands that you can laught at all night! Probably going back for my honeymoon in April, for two weeks!
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

    “…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

    - Dewey Cox

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08.26.05, 09:19 PM
  2. LIke to Bash the sheep? Bash this--
    By Fat Lady in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03.21.02, 05:27 PM
  3. Cabo Wabo B'Day Bash DVD
    By evhesq in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12.17.01, 08:16 PM
  4. Sammy's B-day bash
    By wam bam oh amsterdamn in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07.27.00, 04:50 PM
  5. Dave's B-Day Bash-Is That Val???
    By Glenn in forum Van Halen 101
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05.05.00, 02:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •