Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Default Chances on new material?

I have heard alot of bands write new material while on tour...think its possible that the band is working on some stuff for a possible new album? They said at the press conference they were a band and were gonna continue...or whatever the exact words were. I know the tour just began, but maybe it has sparked some creativity. Just my personal opinion, but if they ever do any studio work again, I think it will have a "islandy" sound, they seem to have been bouncin around that sound thus far on songs like Dance the Night Away and I've picked it up on some others.

Favorite VH Album

VH2
    Favorite VH Song

OUTA LOVE
    Last Online

09.09.11 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snostorm View Post
    I have heard alot of bands write new material while on tour...think its possible that the band is working on some stuff for a possible new album? They said at the press conference they were a band and were gonna continue...or whatever the exact words were. I know the tour just began, but maybe it has sparked some creativity. Just my personal opinion, but if they ever do any studio work again, I think it will have a "islandy" sound, they seem to have been bouncin around that sound thus far on songs like Dance the Night Away and I've picked it up on some others.
    I doubt it really, I think this is purely a business venture at the moment, and of course a chance for Ed to play with his son. I do however, buy into the theory that alot of folks subscribe to around here that Wolfie is the glue that holds this thing together. I also think, unfortunately, that by the time this is over, Dave and Ed will probably want to get as far away from each other as possible, although so far, so good. As long as Ed stays sober and continues to think clearly, i guess anything is possible, but i still think new material is a long shot for this lineup.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Fire in the Hole
    Last Online

12.26.11 @ 12:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dave's been doing that type thing, especially on that song for the past few years live...hearing new stuff live, means the first the assumption that there has to be new stuff or the desire to make new stuff has to be true. I would hope that sometime near the end of the tour there would be the oppurtunity for a new song to surface...with the quality of the bootlegs already available I would hope that new stuff is going to surface sometime...
    Eddie and Dave...the way it was meant to be

Favorite VH Album

VH2
    Favorite VH Song

OUTA LOVE
    Last Online

09.09.11 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanLaing5150 View Post
    Dave's been doing that type thing, especially on that song for the past few years live...hearing new stuff live, means the first the assumption that there has to be new stuff or the desire to make new stuff has to be true. I would hope that sometime near the end of the tour there would be the oppurtunity for a new song to surface...with the quality of the bootlegs already available I would hope that new stuff is going to surface sometime...
    What about all of the songs "in the can"? I wonder if they really have as much as Ed says they do. Why not release some of them?

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TAMPA VH View Post
    What about all of the songs "in the can"? I wonder if they really have as much as Ed says they do. Why not release some of them?
    There is nothing produced and completed in final mix form. They did some demos with Dave back several years ago. For a new album they'd be starting from scratch. It takes a long time for those guys to write and record music, and it's the most tentative situation for VH now with regard to egos and creative control. Don't hold your breath.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.27.16 @ 07:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Unbelievable how some people seem to know more about what this band intends to do then the band itself, lol. In respect to what was said from the press conference, they say they're going to have new material after the tour.

I'll take THEIR word for it.

Ya, what this band says and does are never to be taken serious! Then again many people said DAVE would never be back on stage in Van Halen.

If their intentions are to continue as a new band there's no reason why there won't be new music.
    Bono Vox: Poetic, Political, extremely generous and just a tiny bit egomaniacal.

"You know twenty-five years ago, Tony Soprano was driving around Jersey in his iroc-Z just blasting the Van Halen"-David Lee Roth

"Will there be a Van Halen reunion? “I have hope and faith, and that’s more than just the name of a couple of strippers from Albuquerque” -David Lee Roth

"This band is three quarters original, one quarter inevitable" -David Lee Roth~2007

"“We had a lot of fun on the tour – Dave was a blast. And next time we go out, we’re going to have some new stuff, too. I’m looking forward to getting on it. I’ve got tons of music written, such a variety of stuff… Actually, next week or the week after, Wolfie, Alex, and I are gonna start jamming. Maybe we’ll give Dave a call and see what he’s up to.” - Edward Van Halen ~ 2009

~Congratulations to 2009 World Series Champions the New York Yankees~

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Too Many!
    Last Online

12.04.14 @ 11:23 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

I thought Dave said at the press conference that they were going to get this first leg of the tour done, then do a second leg, then possibly Europe, and then focus on a new album. The message I got from the press conference is this is a new band with a new beginning that planned on going forward for a long time. You can't keep moving forward by touring with the same 25-30 year old material every couple of years.
    Love should NOT be work, it should be as easy as breathing Dave's Dreidel

My god, our government has less secrets than Van Halen. Emperor Brett

I'm a Democrat and an Atheist, but I've yet to receive my ticket to Hell. Is this something I call Live Nation about or what? JakeK21

I feel it takes far more energy to hate than love. Well outside of Obamacare, How Many Say I and Heineken beer. ziggysmalls

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Judgement Day, Mine All Mine
    Last Online

04.29.10 @ 08:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snostorm View Post
    Just my personal opinion, but if they ever do any studio work again, I think it will have a "islandy" sound, they seem to have been bouncin around that sound thus far on songs like Dance the Night Away and I've picked it up on some others.
    Islandy?
    'The III Brigade' - show your support for Van Halen 3 by wearing this sig

"Van Halen is the 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our driving' kinda music!" - Roth

“I was trying to take the band in a direction that I thought was appropriate, and Roth was trying to take the band in more of a Las Vegas direction. And there he is.” - Ed

I - On Fire
    II - Light Up the Sky
    WACF - Romeo Delight
    Fair Warning - Dirty Movies
    Diver Down - ....lol
    1984 - House Of Pain
    RDM3410 - Mailman
    5150 - 5150 (LWAN)
    OU812 - Mine All Mine
    FUCK - Judgement Day
    Balance - Crossing Over
    III - Fire In The Hole

---

Demos - Big Trouble
    Best Of I - CGTSNM
    Best Of II - Learning To See

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Fire in the Hole
    Last Online

12.26.11 @ 12:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

islandy...yeah I can see Eddie playing that kind of music and it will be about as well received as III was...
    Eddie and Dave...the way it was meant to be

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

snostorm i just listened to DTNA and imagined an island (how else to describe islandy) and i guess it kinda fits, i just never really associated that song with VH dancing around an island or something.

But in all probability if VH4 releases an album in the next year or so i'm guessing it will be more similar to MWM and CGTSNM than anything else (obviously it'll still sound different after over 10 years but thats probably our best guideline). Musically and especially from Ed's point of view i think it will sound anything like balance onwards. It's quite possible the songwriting will have a similar style to VHIII which for me will be a good thing (but not necessarily for other fans).

"Van Halen is the 'Get the fuck off the sidewalk if ya don't like our driving' kinda music!" - Roth

“I was trying to take the band in a direction that I thought was appropriate, and Roth was trying to take the band in more of a Las Vegas direction. And there he is.” - Ed

I - On Fire
    II - Light Up the Sky
    WACF - Romeo Delight
    Diver Down - ....lol
    1984 - House Of Pain
    RDM3410 - Mailman
    5150 - 5150 (LWAN)
    OU812 - Mine All Mine
    FUCK - Judgement Day
    Balance - Crossing Over
    III - Fire In The Hole

---

Demos - Big Trouble
    Best Of I - CGTSNM

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey btw, i've got a feeling the whole "going back to the main riff" at the end of the song that we've seen so far on this tour (e.g. ending to Romeo Delight and Atomic Punk) was Wolfie's idea. I quite enjoyed it.

I - On Fire
    II - Light Up the Sky
    WACF - Romeo Delight
    Diver Down - ....lol
    1984 - House Of Pain
    RDM3410 - Mailman
    5150 - 5150 (LWAN)
    OU812 - Mine All Mine
    FUCK - Judgement Day
    Balance - Crossing Over
    III - Fire In The Hole

---

Demos - Big Trouble
    Best Of I - CGTSNM

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 1,479 Times in 901 Posts

I think if Dave and Ed can make it thru the tour without totally blowing up on each other, there is always that chance. Where they working on any new material before the tour? If so, they may just want to release some of that.

As for the tour, I don't think the tour will end on December 30th. There are a lot of markets that weren't hit so I think we may be seeing more of them.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:30 AM
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    You can't keep moving forward by touring with the same 25-30 year old material every couple of years.
    Unless you are KISS. Oh, I forgot about Phycho Circus. Need I say anymore?

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IntoTheEther View Post
    Islandy?
    Parrot Head-Kenny Chesney-Cabo Waboie?
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:01 PM
    Liked 594 Times in 364 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Bono Vox View Post
    I'll take THEIR word for it.
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Bono Vox View Post
    there's no reason why there won't be new music.
    Some people are WAAAAY too optimistic. Drop the blinders, dude. Have we learned anything over the last decade?