Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

09.07.17 @ 07:17 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

some thoughts...

so i've had the opportunity to check out some of the video and audio from this tour. while it isn't the full vh reunion we've all hoped for...i am impressed. i'm damn near giddy to see evh actually playing to his caliber. i have been going back and forth between the michael anthony thing...but maybe wolfgang being part of the band is going to be the special part of this tour. certainly...it should help evh stay on top of things as those of us with children know how instinct takes over when they are around. but more so...wolfgang is holding his own, and actually adding to the band in my opinion. it's pretty remarkable for a kid of 16 to be playing on one of the most anticipated tours barring led zeppelin. i am completely impressed with him and wish him nothing but the best. dave is still dave...yet much more refined. more modern i guess. it's a wonderful change from the us fest and the rest of the older boots...that worked in the 80's...it won't work now...and i think dave knows that.

i have tickets for both chicago shows, and after getting the taste from the released stuff so far...i might actually shed a tear. i haven't been this excited since the '96 trist...when they came out on stage at the vma's i got chillbumps. unfortunately...maybe fortunately...we had to wait the additional 11 years. but hey..who counting.

long live vh in whatever form it may take. i am enjoying the hell out of the ride.
    sgill72

"I'm just a punk kid who plays guitar."

Modern Day Romeos
    http://www.moderndayromeos.com

Top Of The World
    Last Online

01.31.15 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good post. As I have read reactions to the boots from this tour, it's a fair statement to say a good majority of people are favorably impressed with the band's performance and rightfully so. It's nice to see the band dialed in and doing well.

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

Very good post. My thoughts on the situation are very similar. I'm chomping at the bit waiting for November 8th to get here. Viva VH!
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

Nice post sgill. I'm holding out for a Denver date. I'm not obsessed to collect crazy numbers of boots and dvd's etc... I just really like the band. Never saw 'em with DLR, but since I first heard that first album in the summer of '78, I've been hooked. They do sound really tight and ready to rock the old fans. Hopefully they will work on some new stuff and introduce themselves to a new audience.

I agree that DLR seems to understand that the old schtick just wouldn't work for today's audiences. The concert-going crowd is alot different today than it was 25-30 years ago!

Wolfie rocks! I mirror your sentiments.
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

Last Online

01.01.08 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InTheBeginning View Post
    Nice post sgill. I'm holding out for a Denver date. I'm not obsessed to collect crazy numbers of boots and dvd's etc... I just really like the band. Never saw 'em with DLR, but since I first heard that first album in the summer of '78, I've been hooked. They do sound really tight and ready to rock the old fans. Hopefully they will work on some new stuff and introduce themselves to a new audience.

I agree that DLR seems to understand that the old schtick just wouldn't work for today's audiences. The concert-going crowd is alot different today than it was 25-30 years ago!

Wolfie rocks! I mirror your sentiments.
    I kind of agree, but Iron Maiden and Judas Priest and ACDC seem to do OK.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

02.09.09 @ 03:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sgill72 View Post
    so i've had the opportunity to check out some of the video and audio from this tour. while it isn't the full vh reunion we've all hoped for...i am impressed. i'm damn near giddy to see evh actually playing to his caliber. i have been going back and forth between the michael anthony thing...but maybe wolfgang being part of the band is going to be the special part of this tour. certainly...it should help evh stay on top of things as those of us with children know how instinct takes over when they are around. but more so...wolfgang is holding his own, and actually adding to the band in my opinion. it's pretty remarkable for a kid of 16 to be playing on one of the most anticipated tours barring led zeppelin. i am completely impressed with him and wish him nothing but the best. dave is still dave...yet much more refined. more modern i guess. it's a wonderful change from the us fest and the rest of the older boots...that worked in the 80's...it won't work now...and i think dave knows that.

i have tickets for both chicago shows, and after getting the taste from the released stuff so far...i might actually shed a tear. i haven't been this excited since the '96 trist...when they came out on stage at the vma's i got chillbumps. unfortunately...maybe fortunately...we had to wait the additional 11 years. but hey..who counting.

long live vh in whatever form it may take. i am enjoying the hell out of the ride.
    My thoughts exactly. Though, I will miss Mike, I don't think he'll be missing Van Halen this fall. And if it was anyone other than Wolfgang playing bass, I would totally boycott this tour. But it's not, so let's rock and roll.
    "Remember when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

www.fcband.com

Last Online

05.14.12 @ 09:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I must admit I was a bit too critical when I first hear/seen the clips from rehearals. After hearing those Charlotte audios I must say I'm frikkin stoked!! Al's solid as usual and Ed's bang on, while Dave is doin alot better than I expected. Hats of to Wolfie for being tossed in with these guys and pull'n it off. Too bad you're not there Mikey, but this is incredible!!

Any word on them planin a dvd, or is it boots all the way?
    -"There's a little bit of VH in everyone"- AVH

Favorite VH Album

VH2
    Favorite VH Song

OUTA LOVE
    Last Online

09.09.11 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    I kind of agree, but Iron Maiden and Judas Priest and ACDC seem to do OK.
    WTF? I don't follow........ Do ok with what?

Germany, about 5 Miles away from the North Sea
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me wise Magic
    Last Online

03.14.08 @ 06:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

To sum this on up nicely.

I think that the Band was kinda right in the pc. Dave told the Media to expect something new and to judge the Band by it's Performance. And he was right. From what I saw on Vid and heard out of the Musicbits I think that this is a new Band.

New Motivation, new Sight on the Material and a slightly different Approach on Performing. But I like it. The Band grew with its Fans. And thats better then sticking to old Rituals.
    The problem with self-improvement is knowing when to quit.

Germany, about 5 Miles away from the North Sea
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me wise Magic
    Last Online

03.14.08 @ 06:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think that the Band was kinda right in the pc. Dave told the Media to expect something new and to judge the Band by it's Performance. And he was right. From what I saw on Vid and heard out of the Musicbits I think that this is a new Band.

New Motivation, new Sight on the Material and a slightly different Approach on Performing. But I like it. The Band grew with its Fans. And thats better then sticking to old Rituals.
    The problem with self-improvement is knowing when to quit.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles1977 View Post

You summed it up perfectly!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.02.17 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 199 Times in 105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TAMPA VH View Post
    WTF? I don't follow........ Do ok with what?
    "I agree that DLR seems to understand that the old schtick just wouldn't work for today's audiences. The concert-going crowd is alot different today than it was 25-30 years ago!"

I believe that's what he was referring to.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:34 PM
    Liked 591 Times in 362 Posts

Donor

There are numerous tour reaction threads already active, so I'm closing this up.