Register
    Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Last Online

01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default Comments on the VH Linkers Reviews

I want to comment on several reviews as they're were coming in but.... as you know those threads are ONLY for reviews from people who attended. I thought it might be worthy of having a thread to provide a common place to "review the reviews" so to speak.

It seems that most of the review posts have one thing in common... This is a "MUST SEE".
    Hell I don't even have a ticket yet

Is Wolf playing straight thru a 5150 III guitar rig? I don't recall hearing anything on that other than Wolf's kinda buried in the mix.

Everyone is saying they're piping in the keys. In the rehearsal photos there was a keyboard behind the stage. Why? Are there keys behind the stage?

From the reviews it doesn't seem like their really using the ramps. Why all the ramps and the production of them if they're not really using them? Why can't Ed just go cordless on a single song (maybe the simple ATBL) and get out there on the ramp. The crowd would REALLY love it.

With all the reviews and videos coming in, I'm very impressed. BUT, I have to say something that I thought would never come out of my mouth. In 04 Ed's solo wasn't very impressive but concluded that it was the alcohol. Ed's 2007 solo really doesn't impress me thus far <ducks>. Cathedral, a little Eruption and some feedback. This is the guy who regularly invented tricks and licks faster than the "more-than-avid" guitar pro could dissect. I just wish Ed would create some fresh stuff.

Ed does sound damn good on all the songs though..... I did notice that Ed's tone on the yellow/black striped axe (Ill Wait) wasn't as good?? Was it just the audio?
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

RUNAROUND
    Last Online

05.22.09 @ 08:49 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow, all of the reveiws sound great. I need help from the fellow linkers here. Does anyone hear know who is doing the production for this tour? Knowing this info might help me get some great tickets and possible back stage passess to the MSG show in NY. Please help me out if any of you know.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!

Last Online

01.01.08 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by axebrian View Post
    I want to comment on several reviews as they're were coming in but.... as you know those threads are ONLY for reviews from people who attended. I thought it might be worthy of having a thread to provide a common place to "review the reviews" so to speak.

It seems that most of the review posts have one thing in common... This is a "MUST SEE".

Is Wolf playing straight thru a 5150 III guitar rig? I don't recall hearing anything on that other than Wolf's kinda buried in the mix.

Everyone is saying they're piping in the keys. In the rehearsal photos there was a keyboard behind the stage. Why? Are there keys behind the stage?

From the reviews it doesn't seem like their really using the ramps. Why all the ramps and the production of them if they're not really using them? Why can't Ed just go cordless on a single song (maybe the simple ATBL) and get out there on the ramp. The crowd would REALLY love it.

With all the reviews and videos coming in, I'm very impressed. BUT, I have to say something that I thought would never come out of my mouth. In 04 Ed's solo wasn't very impressive but concluded that it was the alcohol. Ed's 2007 solo really doesn't impress me thus far <ducks>. Cathedral, a little Eruption and some feedback. This is the guy who regularly invented tricks and licks faster than the "more-than-avid" guitar pro could dissect. I just wish Ed would create some fresh stuff.

Ed does sound damn good on all the songs though..... I did notice that Ed's tone on the yellow/black striped axe (Ill Wait) wasn't as good?? Was it just the audio?
    There is indeed a keyboard at the side of the stage. It could be that:

A) The keyboard's sequencer gets triggered and the keyboard plays itself.

B) That someone sits at the keys and plays them.

Unless someone has seen one of the two instances with their own own eyes there's no way to confirm if it's automated or not.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 413 Times in 248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    There is indeed a keyboard at the side of the stage. It could be that:

A) The keyboard's sequencer gets triggered and the keyboard plays itself.

B) That someone sits at the keys and plays them.

Unless someone has seen one of the two instances with their own own eyes there's no way to confirm if it's automated or not.
    If that's the case why wouldn't then move it so that NOBODY could see it...not even from behind the stage....just a thought....
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by axebrian View Post

Well Brian, for every review open review thread, you're going to have an open thread for that particular city as well. So you can always post your questions on those thread, since the review threads are just for reviews.

So if you have a Philly question, it should be asked in the open Philly thread which doesn't contain reviews. Get what I'm sayin?

Anyways, to answer your question about Edward. It appears to me that he's going to do his solo spot on the fly. No planned shit, other than the Women In Love intro, Cathedral and Eruption. If he feels like ripping it up, he'll do that. Just check the YouTube room for evidence of that. But if he feels like fuckin around with feedback and all that, like he did when I saw them monday, then that's what he's going to do. I guess it really depends on how he's feeling at that very moment. And in that respect, I dig that.

From where I was sitting, I couldn't see what kind of amps Wolf was using.

Didn't notice the keyboard from where I was sitting either.

And they do use the ramps. Dave mostly, but Wolf went out there as well.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook