Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default 10-Year-Old Girl Gives Birth in Belgium

BRUSSELS – A ten-year-old girl from Charleroi gave birth to a baby last year. The father was 13.

"The pregnancy was a big surprise to the girl and her mother," says doctor Robert Chef from Charleroi. "The child came to me with unexplained abdominal pain. She had also put on weight. Her mother had even put her on a diet for a while but that had little effect. When we examined her it turned out she was nine months pregnant. The child was carrying a full term baby."

What surprised the doctor the most was that the 10-year-old really looked her age. "Some girls look like a teenager of 15 or 16 at that age. But not this girl."

Still the delivery went smoothly. The young mother was given special treatment however. She was not admitted to the regular maternity ward lest this raise too many curious questions. She was given a bed in the children's ward.

"The father of the baby came to visit her there as well. Many pregnancies in young girls are the result of incest. But that was not at all the case here. The father was a schoolmate of 13. A young guy as well."

Robert Chef says the parents of the girl did not respond angrily. "The grandmother immediately took charge of the baby. She said she would raise it as her own child."

Yesterday the medical weekly De Huisarts reported that 57 Belgian 10-year-olds had been prescribed a birth control pill last year. Some for medical reasons, but others for actual birth control.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:12 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

That is just messed up.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

I, II, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Jump/D.O.A./Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 09:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Runaround... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around...

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

WTF?

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:19 PM
    Liked 18,128 Times in 8,952 Posts

Wow. Man, when did we stop letting kids be kids. I didn't even know what went where when I was 10.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Folk my age tend to respond (if at all) to stories like this with a combination of horrid disbelief and outright nonacceptance. Since this sort of thing "didn't happen when we were that age", we tend to superimpose our own beliefs and experiences over them.

The problem with this ostrich-like mentality is the issue is not faced. Too often, this wounded sense of morality comes into play, leading folk my age to get their collective panties in a knot, yet do absolutely nothing to take steps toward addressing the problem. More often than not, it is ignored. By pretending something does not exist, it only tends to loom larger in the big picture.

Sexual education should be a birthright to everyone, and it is indicated by the story above that it needs to be introduced at an ever earlier age. Publicly ringing one's hands and pretending that children are innocent does very little to help these same children after they've given birth.

It's time for adults to stop being so damned clueless to the realities of life today and get down to the very adult issue of responsibility. It's heartbreakingly obvious that pretending the issue is "someone else's problem" will not work for the parents of these two, now three children.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Since this sort of thing "didn't happen when we were that age", we tend to superimpose our own beliefs and experiences over them.
    Craig, I disagree...this sort of thing did in fact happen when we were kids. However, they were sent to special hidden locations to have the babies and it never, never, never made the news. Age 10, that may be stretching it a bit. <no pun intended> but underage kids having kids has been happening for eons.
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InTheBeginning View Post
    Craig, I disagree...this sort of thing did in fact happen when we were kids. However, they were sent to special hidden locations to have the babies and it never, never, never made the news. Age 10, that may be stretching it a bit. <no pun intended> but underage kids having kids has been happening for eons.
    I'm not stating it did not occur. What I'm stressing is this pious belief held by many that such things "never happened". There were kids actively involved with each other when I was in elementary school. Yet for some, the distant memory of youth, be it blissful or traumatic, distorts the current vision and perceptions held today.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

What I'm stressing is this pious belief held by many that such things "never happened"
    It's heartbreakingly obvious that pretending the issue is "someone else's problem"
    I was reading your 1st post too fast. Gotcha! That never happens to us.
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

That new mother is only 10??? Where the eff were the parents? I'm guessing she reached the age to where everything's working. (?) Normally girls don't start getting their monthlies until early puberty, not 10. But then this is Belgium so...........

I'm so outta touch with today's youth.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One