Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

05.17.12 @ 03:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Dave's "Hat Trick," Pink Floyd Album Cover, Stevie Wonder Style!

For those of you who have seen the show, what did you think of Dave's hat trick? (i.e. Holding it at crotch level sans hands)!

All the people in our section thought it was freakin' hillarious, along with the other "lighter sides" Dave provided --Pink Floyd album cover (never listened to it, used it for pot seeds). And, of course, "Stevie Wonder Style!!!"

I am a fan of both, but Sam thought he was cool, and tried to be funny. On Saturday night, Dave WAS cool and funny.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

11.03.07 @ 10:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaboTime View Post
    For those of you who have seen the show, what did you think of Dave's hat trick? (i.e. Holding it at crotch level sans hands)!

All the people in our section thought it was freakin' hillarious, along with the other "lighter sides" Dave provided --Pink Floyd album cover (never listened to it, used it for pot seeds). And, of course, "Stevie Wonder Style!!!"

I am a fan of both, but Sam thought he was cool, and tried to be funny. On Saturday night, Dave WAS cool and funny.
    I'm glad Dave has dropped a LOT of the "don't stick that tongue out at me unless you're gonna use it!!" schtick.

I did think he was funny Sat night. Best line of the tour is "get out of that fat dress and get on the mattress". OK with me if he repeats that line throughout tour. He has to be careful though cause he is starting to look like a creepy old man.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

05.17.12 @ 03:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDancer View Post
    I'm glad Dave has dropped a LOT of the "don't stick that tongue out at me unless you're gonna use it!!" schtick.

I did think he was funny Sat night. Best line of the tour is "get out of that fat dress and get on the mattress". OK with me if he repeats that line throughout tour. He has to be careful though cause he is starting to look like a creepy old man.
    I agree that it was good that he did not use a lot of the other schtick he is famous ...err, notorious for. However, his act Saturday night provided the perfect humorous counterpoint to a mind-blowing musical experience. Kind of reminds me of Cirque du Soliel --one minute they are blowing your mind with an incredible performance, and the next minute they have you breaking out in laughter. Dave is TRULY the world's greatest RnR frontman!!! (Robert Plant took himself too seriously, and Mick Jagger, well, he's just too MICK JAGGER). --Although I like both bands...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:35 PM
    Liked 1,390 Times in 763 Posts

Sam's forte is an awesome voice. Sam was never cool nor funny. But he's always been a singer with an amazing voice.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

06.03.10 @ 11:18 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Sam's forte is an awesome voice. Sam was never cool nor funny. But he's always been a singer with an amazing voice.
    K 'lil duderonimo,

Play ball heeya and with the rest of us?

This tour doesn't include SH nor any of his songs so I truly fail to see any reason whatsoever even bringing up the person's name? I mean, if they (Van Halen) busted into a Van Hagar tune where Dave butchered "When It Blows" or something else, then you have a case. Other than that we have smiles, smiles, smiles everyone, confetti fllyin' and all that good Van Halen stuff!!!

So, I really don't see the point? Do you?
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl on Van Halen

Last Online

04.27.08 @ 12:41 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ou812max View Post
    K 'lil duderonimo,

Play ball heeya and with the rest of us?

This tour doesn't include SH nor any of his songs so I truly fail to see any reason whatsoever even bringing up the person's name? I mean, if they (Van Halen) busted into a Van Hagar tune where Dave butchered "When It Blows" or something else, then you have a case. Other than that we have smiles, smiles, smiles everyone, confetti fllyin' and all that good Van Halen stuff!!!

So, I really don't see the point? Do you?
    Comparisons are fair game here. It's not really a Dave vs Sam thing here, rather a comparison of how they approach live shows. Considering how Sam tried to play to the crowd in 04 by sucking up to them by signing everything in sight and putting on every shirt thrown his way,while singing about half of each song due to his busyness. Dave just rely's on his stage presence and pure showmanship to get the fans into it. Sam was great on all the other tours, but the 04 tour was a little much. If you were not in the 1st couple of rows his signing and crap was really annoying. Hopefully Dave sticks to what he has been doing the 1st 3 shows. Can see him sliding into his old routine later in the tour though..hope not.
    Ya lollygag around around the infield, ya lollygag down to 1st, ya lollygag in and out of the dugout...ya know what that makes you?...LARRRY!!?......... .LOLLYGAGGERS!! lollygagers... -Bull Durham

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 180 Times in 57 Posts

It's funny and cool, a fun prop that is a millisecond of the show. Not focused on a fun prop used quickly and trampled under the pace of this incredible show. Truly high speed, low drag. Even the huge microphone is not a big deal..it makes a brief funny and naughty appearance then it's gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by BOSOXRULE View Post
    Comparisons are fair game here. It's not really a Dave vs Sam thing here, rather a comparison of how they approach live shows. Considering how Sam tried to play to the crowd in 04 by sucking up to them by signing everything in sight and putting on every shirt thrown his way,while singing about half of each song due to his busyness. Dave just rely's on his stage presence and pure showmanship to get the fans into it. Sam was great on all the other tours, but the 04 tour was a little much. If you were not in the 1st couple of rows his signing and crap was really annoying. Hopefully Dave sticks to what he has been doing the 1st 3 shows. Can see him sliding into his old routine later in the tour though..hope not.
    Ehhhh...

Sincerely, my further intentions are not to diss your post in any way, shape nor form. I just do not see where any SH mentioning 'tis the least bit relevant within the context of these threads? I guess I'm trying to use my get out of jail free card for my comments during the 2004 tour? Where I continuously blasted Van Hagar for the clips I both saw and heard of them mutilating Classic Van Halen songs. Again, that's always just been my sole opinion and a few others as well.

However, maybe certain folks feel some sort of a need for a verbal revenge or an eye for an eye cos this tour's a bit more successful than the 2004 one was?

Point being that SH attempted to sing certain Van Halen staples which sounded terrible, SH had no business singing (both cos he sucks doing them and cos he hates the tunes) in the first place, IMO. Whereas and in the now, there's no post-DLR material whatsoever. So, why sould there be ANY discussion regarding Roth's replacement in the band?

Again, that's all I'm sayin'.

I know this site 'tis home to those fans and that's Tony The Tiger GRATE!!! Unfortunately for them and fortunately for fans such as myself, that said material 'tis NOT a part of this tour. So and for the life of me, I don't see why SH or Van Hagar needs to be mentioned at all within the confines of a VAN HALEN 2007 TOUR thread? Honestly, I've seen recent SH radio/video interviews within the context of the main forum and that seems aiiiiight, no? Again, that name has zero to do with this tour!!! So, why do people bring him up?

Besides, both the audio and visual snippets I'm getting from these shows are bringing me to tears, giving me goosebumps along with a terminal case of "Monkey Hour!!!" lol

28 more days for my show!!!

Oh and in Red Sox Nation!!!
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

"Please don't take my teddy bear... Please!!!" - diamondsgirl's Oscar nominated dramatic scene for best actress of 2007

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

Hagar has the talent to pull off many DLR era tunes well but he's NEVER given classic VH or Dave proper respect or effort. He never truly embraced it. Bad sammy! hehe It's quite the opposite of respect he gave. That's why a lot of us have probs with him and find it hard to embrace Van Hagar 100%. The universe seems to be a little more in order now that DLR is back in VH so it doesn't really matter anymore.

Ehhhh...

Sincerely, my further intentions are not to diss your post in any way, shape nor form. I just do not see where any SH mentioning 'tis the least bit relevant within the context of these threads? I guess I'm trying to use my get out of jail free card for my comments during the 2004 tour? Where I continuously blasted Van Hagar for the clips I both saw and heard of them mutilating Classic Van Halen songs. Again, that's always just been my sole opinion and a few others as well.

However, maybe certain folks feel some sort of a need for a verbal revenge or an eye for an eye cos this tour's a bit more successful than the 2004 one was?

Point being that SH attempted to sing certain Van Halen staples which sounded terrible, SH had no business singing (both cos he sucks doing them and cos he hates the tunes) in the first place, IMO. Whereas and in the now, there's no post-DLR material whatsoever. So, why sould there be ANY discussion regarding Roth's replacement in the band?

I know this site 'tis home to those fans and that's Tony The Tiger GRATE!!! Unfortunately for them and fortunately for fans such as myself, that said material 'tis NOT a part of this tour. So and for the life of me, I don't see why SH or Van Hagar needs to be mentioned at all within the confines of a VAN HALEN 2007 TOUR thread? Honestly, I've seen recent SH radio/video interviews within the context of the main forum and that seems aiiiiight, no? Again, that name has zero to do with this tour!!! So, why do people bring him up?

Besides, both the audio and visual snippets I'm getting from these shows are bringing me to tears, giving me goosebumps along with a terminal case of "Monkey Hour!!!" lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by At0micPunk View Post
    Hagar has the talent to pull off many DLR era tunes well but he's NEVER given classic VH or Dave proper respect or effort. He never truly embraced it. Bad sammy! hehe It's quite the opposite of respect he gave. That's why a lot of us have probs with him and find it hard to embrace Van Hagar 100%. The universe seems to be a little more in order now that DLR is back in VH so it doesn't really matter anymore.
    Oh dear, I could go a mile a minute regarding this subject matter cos I'm such a HUGE SH fan. LMAO!!!

So and seriously, start one in the "past" forum and I'll happily discuss and argue. Again, let's keep the non-factors outa this thread?

Please?
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

I didn't mean to aggravate your Samroids I'm just sayin..:P

Oh dear, I could go a mile a minute regarding this subject matter cos I'm such a HUGE SH fan. LMAO!!!

So and seriously, start one in the "past" forum and I'll happily discuss and argue. Again, let's keep the non-factors outa this thread?

Please?
    Last edited by At0micPunk; 10.02.07 at 01:13 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by At0micPunk View Post
    I didn't mean to aggravate your Samroids I'm just sayin..:P
    "Samroids?" LMAO!!!

Now that's funny!!!

Again, there's no point (I'm not accusing you) of buzzkilling this epic forum of stellar discussion by mentioning 'ol what's his name?

This tour's a rockin' and red rockers shouldn't come a knockin'!!!
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Last Online

04.27.08 @ 12:41 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ehhhh...

No diss taken. I just got off on a ramble about Sam and Dave. This does belong in another area of this site though. I took a simple thread about Dave's hat and turned it into a VS. discussion. Somebody could probably post something about Dave's favorite shoelaces on this tour and it would enevitably turn into a Sam vs Dave talk. Thanks for the reply.
    Ya lollygag around around the infield, ya lollygag down to 1st, ya lollygag in and out of the dugout...ya know what that makes you?...LARRRY!!?......... .LOLLYGAGGERS!! lollygagers... -Bull Durham

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hit the ground runnin'
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by BOSOXRULE View Post
    No diss taken. I just got off on a ramble about Sam and Dave. This does belong in another area of this site though. I took a simple thread about Dave's hat and turned it into a VS. discussion. Somebody could probably post something about Dave's favorite shoelaces on this tour and it would enevitably turn into a Sam vs Dave talk. Thanks for the reply.
    Kewl!!!

Yup, both SH and VS are names that don't deserve to be included when discussing this current tour!!!

Roth On!!!
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

That's part of the anticipation for me.. seeing Roth swaggering and joking and being the legend he is, in the place he should be! So fecking exciting! AAAAGHHHH!!!
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]