Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

So...What Happened To This?

..."So starting today, members who have been registered less than 2 weeks AND have less than 20 posts cannot start new threads. Once you have fulfilled BOTH criteria, you can start new topics. Simple as that."

I posed this question in the "Newbies and New Posts" Thread under Forum Announcements, and got a post from a fellow who registered today in response.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 10.01.07 at 04:47 PM.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Ugh, they can reply. They just can't *start* new threads.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

11.03.07 @ 10:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    ..."So starting today, members who have been registered less than 2 weeks AND have less than 20 posts cannot start new threads. Once you have fulfilled BOTH criteria, you can start new topics. Simple as that."

I posed this question in the "Newbies and New Posts" Thread under Forum Announcements, and got a post from a fellow who registered today in response.

Is the grand experiment over? I thought this would be handled automatically through software, yet I gather the mods had to do this process manually?
    I presume you're talking about me...but you are a little off base. I am NOT a Newbie. I've been coming to this board for well over a year now. I also happen to know the difference between a POST and a THREAD. Your "Newbies and New Posts" sticky was -therefore- ignored. As a moderator on another board, I know the pain of people needlessly starting new threads. I FOLLOW THE RULES TO THE LETTER.

Considering VH is now ON THE ROAD (as I saw them Sat night), I thought I would post a review but your above post is kinda hostile so I'll take my pictures and review elsewhere. Wow! What a great sense of community you've got...

P.S. it's funny you are ripping me a new one when your NEW policy just took effect.

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDancer View Post
    I presume you're talking about me...but you are a little off base. I am NOT a Newbie. I've been coming to this board for well over a year now. I also happen to know the difference between a POST and a THREAD. Your "Newbies and New Posts" sticky was -therefore- ignored. As a moderator on another board, I know the pain of people needlessly starting new threads. I FOLLOW THE RULES TO THE LETTER.

Considering VH is now ON THE ROAD (as I saw them Sat night), I thought I would post a review but your above post is kinda hostile so I'll take my pictures and review elsewhere. Wow! What a great sense of community you've got...

P.S. it's funny you are ripping me a new one when your NEW policy just took effect.
    No, I'm not refering to you. Relax yourself. I'm referring to some of the horseshit that has gone on over the weekend, yet thanks for your presumptiousness .
    Last edited by chefcraig; 10.01.07 at 04:57 PM.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:34 PM
    Liked 65 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member

They can post as much as they like Craig, those 'rules' only apply to the starting of TOPICS. Or am I misunderstanding whats being presented here?

We are not about to prevent newbies posting.
    A little zen....... Headed your way.......

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Goo View Post
    They can post as much as they like Craig, those 'rules' only apply to the starting of TOPICS. Or am I misunderstanding whats being presented here?
    Nah, it was just some strange goings on with threads that popped up (and were quickly closed). Thanks for the assist, bro.
    George Bernard Shaw

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

11.03.07 @ 10:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No, I'm not refering to you. Relax yourself. I'm referring to some of the horseshit that has gone on over the weekend, yet thanks for your presumptiousness .
    If not me, which post was it today from a guy who registered today? I would like to read this post.

I will happily offer my apologies when I'm pointed to this post from the person you were talking about who registered today and posed this question today.

Please humor me...

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDancer View Post
    If not me, which post was it today from a guy who registered today? I would like to read this post.

I will happily offer my apologies when I'm pointed to this post from the person you were talking about who registered today and posed this question today.

Please humor me...
    Hi!

Number One: Is your name "Zap Vegas", Mr. Discoid? http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/show...5&postcount=31

Number Two: Why have you decided to start fucking with me, since what I posted has nothing whatsoever to do with you?

Number Three: Consider yourself humored.

Anything else, Mr. Butt-in-ski?
    George Bernard Shaw