Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

12.15.08 @ 07:25 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Skate Rats & Van Halen

A little funny story...

I'm am 35 and lately have been feeling extremely old due in part to the younger generation having no clue who Eddie Van Halen is. It just reminds me that these 20 year-olds were not born before 1984 and 5150.

Until yesterday, that is... when a little skate rat made me normal again LOL

My 13 year old neighbor skate everyday outside of my house. I just bought a board and was seeking help for the masters. That is a funny picture by itself. Anyway I asked one of the about this "striped"board that I saw once and he replied "You mean the Eddie Van Halen deck?". When I asked "How the hell do you know who Eddie is?" he seemed as shocked as me and said "Who doesn't know Eddie? I love 80's Rock".

I had to laugh that I was having this conversion with this kid.

The below link is the actual board:

http://www.warehouseskateboards.com/...s=1D&brand=PLN
    Come on baby, close your eyes, let go
    This can be everything we dreamed

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being & Crossing Over
    Last Online

11.24.08 @ 07:06 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's kind of funny, back on Saturday I was playing a demo of Tony Hawk on my PS3. The deck I was playing was that deck except the red was gray. I Was actually meaning to say this for sometime, but haven't gotten around to say it.
    A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.
    My MySpace if you've nothing better to look at

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

02.08.12 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Im 36 and I grew up skating and listening to VH. Certain tracks off II and WACF always remind me of those days.........

PS - Get your assess to Houston..

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

03.11.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm 38.... I made this deck a few years ago. The neighbor kids love it and always want to borrow it. They think it's pretty cool when I come flying out of the garage and down the driveway on it. ;-)

Chucker
    "Edward is playing like a motherfucker tonight!" - DLR 10/03/2007

"Now remember, these are youtube video clips so don't expect it to look like "Star Wars" on your 70 inch plasma tv." - Hain23x

"If you want to be a true artist, then make your music and don't even release it." - EVH 1995

"Forward Movement. Not to accomplish anything in particular because that would suggest an end. It's the doing I crave." - DLR 1981

"Panty-Bra! Panty-Bra-ha, oh, oh, oh, oh!" - A friend's childhood interpretation of "Panama."

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Chuck, is the black tape "grip strip" (similar to what can be used for bathtubs, decks and kitchens) ? Nicely done.

Just a reminder: at 38, be extremely careful. Trust me, I know. Nowadays, I get injured taking a nap.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

04.19.12 @ 10:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know what "Skate Rats" are, but I do know that Rat Skates was a drummer for OVERKILL! \m/
    "Honey, I wouldn't lie to you, we just met. Lying is for later in the relationship!" - David Lee Roth

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 07:36 PM
    Liked 1,945 Times in 788 Posts

Premium Member

I've seen a VH-striped snowboard before in a store back in Utah. If I was a snowboarder, I woudl have bought it.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vcooper3 View Post
    I've seen a VH-striped snowboard before in a store back in Utah. If I was a snowboarder, I woudl have bought it.
    I hear what you are saying, yet all one need do is look above at what chucker5150 created at home, on his own. There is a certain sense of pride that goes into knowing that one has had a hand in "creating", if you will, as opposed to "purchasing".

At one time, the kid that built the original "Frankenstein" guitar did so out of ignorance, the facsimiles of which are now asking roughly a thousand times the cost of my first car.

I dig the "home-made". Be it the shoes, a board, a guitar or a lawn chair.

Damn it...I wish to heck I'd taken some photos of that birdhouse I built.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Last Online

04.27.08 @ 12:41 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    I hear what you are saying, yet all one need do is look above at what chucker5150 created at home, on his own. There is a certain sense of pride that goes into knowing that one has had a hand in "creating", if you will, as opposed to "purchasing".

At one time, the kid that built the original "Frankenstein" guitar did so out of ignorance, the facsimiles of which are now asking roughly a thousand times the cost of my first car.

I dig the "home-made". Be it the shoes, a board, a guitar or a lawn chair.

Damn it...I wish to heck I'd taken some photos of that birdhouse I built.
    I wish someone would do that design on a bass. ............oops too late.
    Ya lollygag around around the infield, ya lollygag down to 1st, ya lollygag in and out of the dugout...ya know what that makes you?...LARRRY!!?......... .LOLLYGAGGERS!! lollygagers... -Bull Durham

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

03.11.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Chuck, is the black tape "grip strip" (similar to what can be used for bathtubs, decks and kitchens) ? Nicely done.

Just a reminder: at 38, be extremely careful. Trust me, I know. Nowadays, I get injured taking a nap.
    Yup, the black stripes are traditional skateboard grip tape. As for injuries, I still play soccer once a week so I'm plenty injured already. ;-)

Chucker
    "Edward is playing like a motherfucker tonight!" - DLR 10/03/2007

"Now remember, these are youtube video clips so don't expect it to look like "Star Wars" on your 70 inch plasma tv." - Hain23x

"If you want to be a true artist, then make your music and don't even release it." - EVH 1995

"Forward Movement. Not to accomplish anything in particular because that would suggest an end. It's the doing I crave." - DLR 1981

"Panty-Bra! Panty-Bra-ha, oh, oh, oh, oh!" - A friend's childhood interpretation of "Panama."