Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

07.05.12 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default WTF is that thing on stage right?

What is that huge box on the right side of the stage?! Is it a prop? Is there shit in it? Speakers? It's definetly got lights on the front of it.

Don't know what it is, but it sure is ruining the view of what should be some prime lower lever side stage seats. I'd be pretty pissed if I showed up to the show and had that thing blocking my view all night.

Favorite VH Album

VH2
    Favorite VH Song

OUTA LOVE
    Last Online

09.09.11 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crazy levi View Post
    What is that huge box on the right side of the stage?! Is it a prop? Is there shit in it? Speakers? It's definetly got lights on the front of it.

Don't know what it is, but it sure is ruining the view of what should be some prime lower lever side stage seats. I'd be pretty pissed if I showed up to the show and had that thing blocking my view all night.
    I heard that SH and MA sit inside that box and jerk each other off for the entire show.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

DOA
    Last Online

04.30.13 @ 12:24 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

+1

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

05.17.12 @ 03:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looked like the entryway to Dave's Mojo Dojo!

Last Online

01.01.08 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That box is on stage left.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Blood and Fire
    Last Online

08.19.12 @ 08:35 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Heh - I posed that question in the Tour pictures forum a couple of days ago after several pictures surfaced from what should be prime near side-stage seats. As it appears, that box blocks a good portion of Eddie since he's anchored to his pedal board and microphone nearly all night.

Of course my interest is personal since I just paid an agency for seats on Eddie's side six rows up from the floor in the first lower bowl section that's not directly parallel with the stage. I've seen five or six VH shows from that vantage point and think it's the best place to be if you're not in the first 10 rows.

From the looks of things, I'm not going to be high enough up to see around that box - which means I'll probably be rubbernecking to see anything other than Ed's head. It's a really shitty spot for something that could easily be suspended 20 feet in the air.

I mentioned the same thing on the VHML and people also thought that's where Sammy and Mike were hiding.

Funny, but it didn't make me any less pissed about the thing. I hate that fucking black box.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

03.12.17 @ 11:30 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    That box is on stage left.
    Your joking right ? I will be in row 1 lower bowl .
    Last edited by shyboy; 09.30.07 at 04:50 PM.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shyboy View Post
    Your joking right ? I will be in row 1 lower bowl .
    No. I'm not. Stage Left is the part of the stage on the left as the actor or musician faces the audience.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If I'm correct about what is being referred to here, the box in question is a series of sound cabinets that act as a sort of larger monitor system for the band as the speakers face inward from the sides of the stage towards the performers.

Last edited by wingnut; 09.30.07 at 05:01 PM.

Last Online

08.21.14 @ 01:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by TAMPA VH View Post
    I heard that SH and MA sit inside that box and jerk each other off for the entire show.
    hilarious...you should be in comedy.
    ...and in the end, on dreams we will depend...

VH Shows: 18
    Dave Solo Shows: 9
    Sam Solo Shows: 14
    Chickenfoot Shows: 2

The CABO count...my trips to Baja:
    Jan. 2001
    Apr. 2004
    Jan. 2006
    April 2009
    Sept 2013
    May 2014

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

If I'm correct about what is being referred to here, the box in question is a series of sound cabinets that act as a sort of larger monitor system for the band as the speakers face inward from the sides of the stage towards the performers.
    I'm not doubting what you are saying, yet one has to admit that such a device would be of little practical use for Wolf or Roth. From where he's at, the stage forward sonic blast of his own amp, along with the thunder from Al's kit would prevent the bass player from hearing it. He'd literally need to stand right on top of it to hear it, and to do so he'd then have Ed's stack hitting him in the side of the head.

This is why so many performers have gone to in-ear sets in place of on stage monitor systems.

It actually looks like an old Leslie speaker set up, although admittedly a large one. Yet why that would be sitting on the corner of the stage is anyone's guess.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    I'm not doubting what you are saying, yet one has to admit that such a device would be of little practical use for Wolf or Roth. From where he's at, the stage forward sonic blast of his own amp, along with the thunder from Al's kit would prevent the bass player from hearing it. He'd literally need to stand right on top of it to hear it, and to do so he'd then have Ed's stack hitting him in the side of the head.

This is why so many performers have gone to in-ear sets in place of on stage monitor systems.

It actually looks like an old Leslie speaker set up, although admittedly a large one. Yet why that would be sitting on the corner of the stage is anyone's guess.
    When I was looking at the forward ramp photos I could see that all along the ring they've put in monitors that face straight up built into the walkway. even forward of the front-of-house system some monitoring is going to be needed.

I think (that block of speakers on stage left)it must be for Ed's sake. So that he can hear and nail the harmonies.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Blood and Fire
    Last Online

08.19.12 @ 08:35 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

When I was looking at the forward ramp photos I could see that all along the ring they've put in monitors that face straight up built into the walkway. even forward of the front-of-house system some monitoring is going to be needed.

I think (that block of speakers on stage left)it must be for Ed's sake. So that he can hear and nail the harmonies.
    I don't have any visual proof, but someone on another list said there's an identical one of Wolf's side.

I hate that fucking box.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 04:35 AM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

What is that huge box on the right side of the stage?!
    They are side fills...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

I, II, 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Jump/D.O.A./Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 09:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

either way, despite the obvious setback to people with blocked views, those things must look like eye sores even from an unimpeded view...
    Runaround... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around... around...