Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Eruption
    Last Online

10.10.17 @ 07:26 PM
    Liked 70 Times in 39 Posts

Default Van Halen blocks on Sirius Buzzsaw!!

just heard on Sirius Buzzsaw starting tonight, the 26th, at 10:00 pm eastern, they are doing something called Van Hailstorm!! A block of songs every night throughout this tour a maybe beyond, the interesting part is he said they were gonna play demos, live tracks, and unreleased stuff!

Last Online

11.18.12 @ 07:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanRoth07 View Post
    just heard on Sirius Buzzsaw starting tonight, the 26th, at 10:00 pm eastern, they are doing something called Van Hailstorm!! A block of songs every night throughout this tour a maybe beyond, the interesting part is he said they were gonna play demos, live tracks, and unreleased stuff!

I heard the same thing the other day. They mentioned bootlegs, too...
    but, he said from the Roth era, Hagar era and even Cherone era. WTF?!?!
    This is a tour with Dave...why bother with the Van Hagar stuff and especially the Cherone stuff?!?
    It was like a hot chick...working you up...and then all of a sudden...kicking you in the nuts!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.21.16 @ 05:48 PM
    Liked 45 Times in 24 Posts

That's awesome, I listen to that channel all of the time.
    1984 Detroit, MI
    1986 Detroit, MI
    1988 Pontiac, MI
    1991 Clarkston, MI
    1993 Clarkston, MI
    1993 Auburn Hill, MI
    1995 Auburn Hills, MI
    1995 Auburn Hills, MI
    1998 Rosemont, IL
    1998 Grand Rapids, MI
    2004 Detroit, MI
    2007 Detroit, MI
    2008 Grand Rapids, MI
    2015 Clarkston, MI
    "It's called two burritos and a root beer float" Eddie Van Halen-2009 Two and Half Men

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

The one's Ed plays on
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:42 PM
    Liked 849 Times in 397 Posts

Premium Member

Default ..

I'm on that channel everyday, thanks for the heads up.
    ...AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY, GOD CREATED VAN HALEN

VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:09 AM
    Liked 1,883 Times in 1,100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VH2001 View Post
    I heard the same thing the other day. They mentioned bootlegs, too...
    but, he said from the Roth era, Hagar era and even Cherone era. WTF?!?!
    This is a tour with Dave...why bother with the Van Hagar stuff and especially the Cherone stuff?!?
    It was like a hot chick...working you up...and then all of a sudden...kicking you in the nuts!!
    you guys just can't grasp the concept that as far as the general public is concerned there's only "van halen" not "classic vh" or "van hagar" like some idiots like to think. If you go up to random people on the street and play them summer nights and ask them who it is they'll say "van halen" if you do the same with dance the night away they'll say "van halen". The simple fact of the matter is that the Hagar years were about as good as anyone's that were around at the time, they sold a ton of records, had a ton of songs on the radio and were huge so people associate that era with VH as much as anything else....

it's hilariious watching some people on here loose thier minds as soon as sammy's name is brought up when all you did was bitch about Dave not being mentioned while Sam was in the band....funny as hell.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

NFL Radio rules.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Eruption
    Last Online

10.10.17 @ 07:26 PM
    Liked 70 Times in 39 Posts

I was wondering the other if Sirius might do this, a couple years ago they played blocks of VH every Friday afternoon, and yes, they should play ALL Van Halen, why not? Maybe they can even play some of the live unreleased stuff from the VH 3 tour? but they did say it was mostly gonna be DLR era VH!! Cant wait!!

Top Of The World Johnny Van Halen Cash's Avatar
    Last Online

06.23.15 @ 10:11 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bad to the Bone View Post
    you guys just can't grasp the concept that as far as the general public is concerned there's only "van halen" not "classic vh" or "van hagar" like some idiots like to think. If you go up to random people on the street and play them summer nights and ask them who it is they'll say "van halen" if you do the same with dance the night away they'll say "van halen". The simple fact of the matter is that the Hagar years were about as good as anyone's that were around at the time, they sold a ton of records, had a ton of songs on the radio and were huge so people associate that era with VH as much as anything else....

it's hilariious watching some people on here loose thier minds as soon as sammy's name is brought up when all you did was bitch about Dave not being mentioned while Sam was in the band....funny as hell.
    I agree 100%... It's easy to get lost in the land of Van Halen when you're such a die-hard fan (as most of us are)... When it comes to the general public, it's Van Halen... Right Now: Van Halen... Runnin' with the Devil: Van Halen... And despite what some may think, there were really good songs from both eras!
    If it sounds like bull shit, feels like bull shit, and appears to be bull shit, it's probably Eddie talking about his new lead singer being his new brother at a press conference...

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

Good post Bad to the Bone. If more people thought the we you did we'd have a hell of a lot less Dave vs. Sam threads. It's all Van Halen after all.

Last Online

11.18.12 @ 07:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You read WAY too much into what I said...or maybe I didn't say it clearly enough!!
    I agree...I like songs from ALL 3 eras. I wouldn't say the "general public" knows ANY of the Cherone era though.
    But, what I'm saying is...this is a "Classic" VH tour (minus Mike obviously)...and Sirius is playing all this
    VH music...gearing up for a tour that will be playing ALL classic VH w/DLR tunes.
    So, I would expect/want to hear ONLY the classic VH stuff....and vice-versa if it was a tour with Sammy.
    Is that so difficult to understand?!? When I whip up my VH road-trip CD...for the trip down to the Cleveland show...
    I putting ONLY Classic VH on it....NOT Sammy and Cherone!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In a Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:53 PM
    Liked 397 Times in 177 Posts

Point in case. My wife knew one of the songs on the radio as Van Halen. She then asked, "so is that Sammy Hagar or David Lee Roth?". The general public knows Van Halen, not necessarily which singer it is. And the beautiful part is that they like both singers, which means they like Van Halen the group!

Favorite VH Album

Live in Largo '82
    Favorite VH Song

Sunday P.M in the Park/1 Ft...
    Last Online

11.22.16 @ 05:46 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

The real question here is for Ian Christe/Christie who picks the tunes for Van Hailstorm....

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU PROMISE BOOTS, B-SIDES & OTHER DEEP TRACKS, YET PLAY ALL OF THE FUCKING RADIO STAPLES???!?!?!

JESUS H. CHRIST ON A POPSICLE STICK.... Some =VH= expert....

Yeah, we need to hear ATBL, RWD, EWS, and Pretty Fucking Woman even more on top of the several times a week they're played.....

moron.
    Last edited by Hecubus; 10.15.07 at 04:38 PM. Reason: punctual-ity
    Q: Recording the album took so long your Australian tour last year was cancelled. What was it like in the studio? There's a history of tension between you and Eddie Van Halen...

DLR: It was like a stand off in a Chuck Norris movie. We each had the laser dot on everybody's forehead waiting for the other guy to blink. Except for Wolfie, he had a Super Soaker ...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love & Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.07 @ 01:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Last Online

08.18.15 @ 03:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Sammy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Hagar
    "Where's Diamond... Is He around?".

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:45 AM
    Liked 11,549 Times in 4,920 Posts

They're gonna play songs we all have and have heard a billion times. I guess that's cool, but is it really a big deal? No.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!