Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Sinner's Swing! AJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.23.00
    Age
    49
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,910
    Favorite VH Album

    All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 03:30 AM
    Likes
    705
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

    Wouldn't it be cool....

    if Van Halen agreed to do a Classic Album DVD on the first Van Halen album. I know I am dreaming but I would love to see the three of them discuss the recording process and have Ted do a lot of the show as well. I love this series. I have the one for Who's Next and The Dark Side Of The Moon.

    http://www.eaglerockent.com/eagleroc...hp?media_id=33

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk chefcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Location
    A Confederacy of Dunces
    Posts
    19,370
    Last Online

    03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    I honestly do not feel it would be all that fascinating. Ed has admitted that on the first record, he really did not know what was going on in the studio. Templeman pretty much threw some mikes up, they basically played the live set and that was it. Same for the second album.

    Tell ya the truth, I'd rather hear about the nuts and bolts of "Fair Warning" or "1984".
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

  3. #3
    Sinner's Swing! AJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.23.00
    Age
    49
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,910
    Favorite VH Album

    All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 03:30 AM
    Likes
    705
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post

    Tell ya the truth, I'd rather hear about the nuts and bolts of "Fair Warning" or "1984".
    Fair enough. I'm for that as well. Fair Warning would be my choice since it is my favorite. But I think it would be 1984 since that went multi platinum. I mean if Priest could do one on British Steel and Maiden for Number Of The Beast I would love to see one on VH.

  4. #4
    Emperor of VHLinks.com Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.02.99
    Age
    46
    Location
    Somewhere Near LA
    Posts
    68,700
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 01:21 PM
    Likes
    1,263
    Liked 11,559 Times in 4,925 Posts

    Default

    I agree, I don't think it would be that interesting in all honestly. They plugged in and off they went. I am sure they didn't know much about anything and there were a lot of, "Yes sir, whatever you say." 1984 would be more interesting for sure, although from what has been said, Dave was barely around for a lot of it.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

    JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk chefcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Location
    A Confederacy of Dunces
    Posts
    19,370
    Last Online

    03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Agreed. Ya know what else drives me bananas? There are acts out there, even crusty old foggies like Jethro Tull, finding obscure footage of concerts filmed before the invention of the fucking toaster oven for christ's sake, and issuing them on DVD.

    Yet fans of this group sit here with a non-band sponsored, semi-history ("VH-The Early Years", at least that's what I think it was called), the "Live W/O A Net" DVD (which only became available in 2004), the remarkably sterile "LRHRN" thing and a thrown together "Best Of" collection (which somehow leaves out key videos) to define their legacy on film.

    As the brilliant satirist Bart Simpson once so sagely noticed: "I can not believe that this both sucks and blows at the same time."
    Last edited by chefcraig; 09.25.07 at 09:07 PM.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

  6. #6
    Sinner's Swing! AJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.23.00
    Age
    49
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    2,910
    Favorite VH Album

    All 7 with Dave
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 03:30 AM
    Likes
    705
    Liked 147 Times in 87 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Agreed. Ya know what else drives me bananas? There are acts out there, even crusty old foggies like Jethro Tull, finding obscure footage of concerts filmed before the invention of the fucking toaster oven for christ's sake, and issuing them on DVD.

    Yet fans of this group sit here with a non-band sponsored, semi-history ("VH-The Early Years", at least that's what I think it was called), the "Live W/O A Net" DVD (which only became available in 2004), the remarkably sterile "LRHRN" thing and a thrown together "Best Of" collection (which somehow leaves out key videos) to define their legacy on film.

    As the brilliant satirist Bart Simpson once so sagely noticed: "I can not believe that this both sucks and blows at the same time."
    Tull was a great band. One of the first true progressive rock bands to hit the scene. Ian Anderson could play a mean flute.

  7. #7
    Eruption wingnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.29.06
    Posts
    927
    Last Online

    01.01.08 @ 10:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I agree, I don't think it would be that interesting in all honestly. They plugged in and off they went. I am sure they didn't know much about anything and there were a lot of, "Yes sir, whatever you say." 1984 would be more interesting for sure, although from what has been said, Dave was barely around for a lot of it.
    And really . . now is the right time. If Ed wants to win back some lost fan capitol a VH1 Classics special and a band bio DVD authorized would be a hit with fans.

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk chefcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Location
    A Confederacy of Dunces
    Posts
    19,370
    Last Online

    03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJW View Post
    Tull was a great band. One of the first true progressive rock bands to hit the scene. Ian Anderson could play a mean flute.
    Come on, check my age immediately to your left. I have nothing against them.

    Yet my point is everyone, from Iggy Pop to John Cougar Mellonhead has made a profitable, responsible issue of their particular cache within the video form. Look at Rush, for an example of a dignified way of showing respect through the medium to one's fan base, yet at the same time making a dime or two through it. Both sides of the equation are satisfied.

    I dunno. I guess it's all down to the familiarity and trust with which a band feels/treats it's particular audience. I'll leave it at that.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

  9. #9
    Banned! IAMAGODINEVERYONESMIND's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.25.07
    Posts
    6
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them
    Favorite VH Song

    Any VH song you can name
    Last Online

    09.25.07 @ 10:27 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Van Halen needs something like Zeppelin did a few years back. A DVD covering their entire career. But that would require alot of work on Eds part. Page actually gives a shit about his fans.

  10. #10
    Atomic Punk onefootoutthedoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.15.01
    Age
    42
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    8,033
    Last Online

    07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Likes
    10
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IAMAGODINEVERYONESMIND View Post
    Van Halen needs something like Zeppelin did a few years back. A DVD covering their entire career. But that would require alot of work on Eds part. Page actually gives a shit about his fans.


    Interesting name there. Lemme guess, long time lurker who finally decided to register and post?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  11. #11
    Banned! IAMAGODINEVERYONESMIND's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.25.07
    Posts
    6
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them
    Favorite VH Song

    Any VH song you can name
    Last Online

    09.25.07 @ 10:27 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onefootoutthedoor View Post
    Interesting name there. Lemme guess, long time lurker who finally decided to register and post?
    Yup. I'm a noob. Just like YOU were at one time.

  12. #12
    Atomic Punk onefootoutthedoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.15.01
    Age
    42
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    8,033
    Last Online

    07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Likes
    10
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IAMAGODINEVERYONESMIND View Post
    Yup. I'm a noob. Just like YOU were at one time.


    We'll see sporto.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  13. #13
    Banned! IAMAGODINEVERYONESMIND's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.25.07
    Posts
    6
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them
    Favorite VH Song

    Any VH song you can name
    Last Online

    09.25.07 @ 10:27 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onefootoutthedoor View Post
    We'll see sporto.
    Yes my friend......we will. Have a nice day.

  14. #14
    Atomic Punk onefootoutthedoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.15.01
    Age
    42
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    8,033
    Last Online

    07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Likes
    10
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IAMAGODINEVERYONESMIND View Post
    Yes my friend......we will. Have a nice day.


    Gone so soon? ROTFL!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  15. #15
    Banned!
    Join Date
    09.25.07
    Posts
    1
    Last Online

    09.25.07 @ 10:35 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onefootoutthedoor View Post
    Gone so soon? ROTFL!
    But back so soon! ROFL!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. This is cool
    By Darby in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12.20.06, 12:42 AM
  2. Cool pic....
    By muffdiver in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04.09.06, 07:01 PM
  3. WHAT IS COOL?
    By THE HULKAMANIAC BROTHER in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01.03.03, 06:32 AM
  4. How cool is this?!?
    By Frank N.Strat in forum VHLinks Feedback & Troubleshooting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07.26.02, 06:59 PM
  5. How cool is this?!?
    By Frank N.Strat in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07.25.02, 11:17 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •