Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Default MIT Student Arrested For Fake Bomb At Logan

They should've just made her head into a canoe. Maybe some of these dumbasses would learn from it.

MIT Student Arrested For Fake Bomb At Logan
    Police Say Simpson Had Circuit Board, Wiring, and Play-Doh

(WBZ) BOSTON An MIT student with a fake bomb strapped to her chest was arrested at gunpoint Friday at Logan International Airport and later claimed it was artwork, officials said.

Star Simpson, 19, had a computer circuit board and wiring in plain view over a black hooded sweat shirt she was wearing, said State Police Maj. Scott Pare, the commanding officer at the airport.

"She said that it was a piece of art and she wanted to stand out on career day," Pare said at a news conference. "She claims that it was just art, and that she was proud of the art and she wanted to display it."

The battery-powered rectangular device had nine flashing lights, he said. Simpson also had Play-Doh in her hands, he said.

The phrases "Socket to me" and "Course VI" were written on the back of sweat shirt, which authorities displayed to the media. Course VI appears to be a reference to MIT's major of electrical engineering and computer science.

Simpson was charged with disturbing the peace and possessing a hoax device, and was to be arraigned in East Boston District Court later Friday.

"I'm shocked and appalled that somebody would wear this type of device to an airport," Pare said.

Simpson was "extremely lucky she followed the instructions or deadly force would have been used," Pare said. "She's lucky to be in a cell as opposed to the morgue."

Simpson is a Massachusetts Institute of Technology sophomore from Hawaii, officials said.

Simpson was a member of MIT's swimming and diving team in 2006, according to the team's Web site, which lists her hometown as Kihei, Hawaii, and her high school as Hawaii Preparatory. MIT spokeswoman Patti Richards confirmed that Simpson is an MIT student, but said the school could not immediately confirm any other details and did not have further comment.

She was arrested about 8 a.m. outside Terminal C, home to United Airlines, Jet Blue and other carriers.

A Massachusetts Port Authority staffer manning an information booth in the terminal became suspicious when Simpson -- wearing the device -- approached to ask about an incoming flight, Pare said. Simpson then walked outside, and the information booth attendant notified a nearby trooper.

The trooper, joined by others with submachine guns, confronted her at a traffic island in front of the terminal.

"She was immediately told to stop, to raise her hands and not to make any movement, so we could observe all her movements to see if she was trying to trip any type of device," Pare said. "Had she not followed the protocol, we might have used deadly force."

Pare said Simpson took a subway to the airport, but he was not sure if she had the device on at that time.

She told authorities she was at the airport to greet someone arriving on a flight from Oakland. Authorities verified information as to the name of the passenger she was greeting, and said he had already left the airport.

"She did seem a bit upset that she was in custody. However, she was rational, and she did answer all questions as required," Pare said.

The major praised the booth attendant but said the incident is a reminder of the terrorism threat confronting the civil aviation system. Two of the four passenger jets hijacked on Sept. 11, 2001, took off from Logan.

"In this day and age, the threat continues to be there," said Pare. "She certainly jeopardized her own safety by bringing this to the airport, as well as the safety of everybody around her."

The city was the focus of a major security scare Jan. 31 when dozens of battery-powered devices were discovered in various locations. Bomb squads were deployed, and highways, bridges and some transit stations were temporarily closed. They turned out to be a promotion for cable TV's Cartoon Network.

http://wbztv.com/topstories/local_story_264104114.html
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:02 AM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

See, WTF is wrong with these 20 somethings??? She's claimming "ARTWORK"!?!?!??!?!?! The artwork would have been the shooting patteren across her chest, when the police could have opened up on her ass. I swear I don't get it..............SOMEONE NEEDS TO BE MADE AN EXAMPLE OUT OF....

I stated this earlier, but I'm sure most of us as american's are becoming increasing tired of this type of mindless prank, "I'm 20something and wanna show my lack of brains..." type people. I cannot and will not feel sorry for any taser shocks, or 9mm gun shots that they recieve, because of simple stupity.

HH <---Saw this chick on the news, and just had that "I don't give a fuck" look on her face. Guess what sweetheart, WE DON'T EITHER-------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/5150
    Favorite VH Song

RWTD/BoBW
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Liked 76 Times in 30 Posts

I feel threatened by that farking hair!!
    A little more volume in the headphones please.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:29 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

I guess MIT must've lowered their admission standards or something...

Those students are supposed to be SMART people, engineers of tomorrow and stuff. I wouldn't want her to design a paper snowflake, for crying out loud!

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

She is lucky to be alive thats for sure. Just stupid!
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Imperial Fascist Overlord Down In Flames's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Tase her!

Loathe as DIF is to quote Gene Simmons... "You're an artist? Paint my house, bitch."
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/images/avatars/michael3.jpg

"You are the McCarthy of this board. The witch burner." - strungout, on yours truly

"Only Eddymon would claim victory during a FOUR game losing streak." - OLO

"Did I not say, 'I think we should shoot him!' I did. Double rainbow on this end. I require a high five. Out."- track 5, on the delicate art of banning

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire..."

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

They have art classes in prison.

As I was researching WWII Fort Ord, I found a story about the Sheriff and the Army making a joint statement to juveniles not to wear orange sweat shirts with the letters "PW" on them as they could be mistakenly shot on site as escaped German POWs. Evidently they thought this was funny.

Our Sheriff was too nice, I would have waited until an MP emptied his M-1 into some dipshit and then held that press conference.

This cunt took away a scholarship from someone who'll probably worth something to society. What a shame.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Halen View Post
    See, WTF is wrong with these 20 somethings??? She's claimming "ARTWORK"!?!?!??!?!?! The artwork would have been the shooting patteren across her chest, when the police could have opened up on her ass. I swear I don't get it..............SOMEONE NEEDS TO BE MADE AN EXAMPLE OUT OF....

I stated this earlier, but I'm sure most of us as american's are becoming increasing tired of this type of mindless prank, "I'm 20something and wanna show my lack of brains..." type people. I cannot and will not feel sorry for any taser shocks, or 9mm gun shots that they recieve, because of simple stupity.

HH <---Saw this chick on the news, and just had that "I don't give a fuck" look on her face. Guess what sweetheart, WE DON'T EITHER-------

You took the words right out of my mouth, HH.

These youngin's are really pissing me off.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.