Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

11.18.09 @ 02:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default 15 Year Old In a Major Concert Arena

While looking at the clips of the rehearsals, Diamond Dave looks better than I had imagined...He has that same charisma that I remember from over 20 years ago...But what I just cannot get used to is (regardless of whose son he is and how talented) having a 15 or 16 yr. old kid on stage with these guys...
    This was the greatest rock band of all time, and when you look at the stage you see one of the greatest drummers, one of the greatest front men, the greatest guitarist of all time, and these guys "ooze" experience, showmanship, and maturity!! They are all 50 or near it!!
    Wolfie looks like a 15 year kid just out of puberty, and he should, seeing as how that is what he is...he looks out of place when playing beside these guys..
    Sorry, but maybe it's just me, but I cannot get excited when I see the greatest legends of all time performing together like they did 25 years ago, and a 15 year old right beside them...
    When Dave goes into any of his schtick, whether it's alcohol related, sex related, etc. (ie: spurting Jack Daniels bottle)- it's awkward and borderline innappropriate when you have a kid sitting there right beside you...
    I guess the older I get, the more I tend to pull for and support the older "veterans", whether it's sports, entertainment, etc...
    Sorry, I just can't get past a 15 yr old kid with a Clearisil packet in the pocket on stage with the greatest rock band of all time...major buzzkill!!

Edit: Sorry, Guess I rambeld and never asked the question...I was just wondering if others felt like me or am I just becoming an old fart!!
    Last edited by Obxhalen; 09.21.07 at 08:48 AM.

Top Of The World Johnny Van Halen Cash's Avatar
    Last Online

06.23.15 @ 10:11 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Obxhalen View Post
    While looking at the clips of the rehearsals, Diamond Dave looks better than I had imagined...He has that same charisma that I remember from over 20 years ago...But what I just cannot get used to is (regardless of whose son he is and how talented) having a 15 or 16 yr. old kid on stage with these guys...
    This was the greatest rock band of all time, and when you look at the stage you see one of the greatest drummers, one of the greatest front men, the greatest guitarist of all time, and these guys "ooze" experience, showmanship, and maturity!! They are all 50 or near it!!
    Wolfie looks like a 15 year kid just out of puberty, and he should, seeing as how that is what he is...he looks out of place when playing beside these guys..
    Sorry, but maybe it's just me, but I cannot get excited when I see the greatest legends of all time performing together like they did 25 years ago, and a 15 year old right beside them...
    When Dave goes into any of his schtick, whether it's alcohol related, sex related, etc. (ie: spurting Jack Daniels bottle)- it's awkward and borderline innappropriate when you have a kid sitting there right beside you...
    I guess the older I get, the more I tend to pull for and support the older "veterans", whether it's sports, entertainment, etc...
    Sorry, I just can't get past a 15 yr old kid with a Clearisil packet in the pocket on stage with the greatest rock band of all time...major buzzkill!!
    free post!
    If it sounds like bull shit, feels like bull shit, and appears to be bull shit, it's probably Eddie talking about his new lead singer being his new brother at a press conference...

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Get used to it or don't go...It's that simple.

Plus ya prolly gotta do the wife's ironing that day anyways,eh...?!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

11.18.09 @ 02:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, before all of the "if you don't like it don't go" posts roll in, that's not the point...because I won't go...the point is this is a simple forum so I'm wondering if others feel the same way...
    I guess the same reply could be made, if you don't like the thread, read another one!

Quote Originally Posted by muffdiver View Post
    Get used to it or don't go...It's that simple.

Plus ya prolly gotta do the wife's ironing that day anyways,eh...?!

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

Edit: Sorry, Guess I rambeld and never asked the question...I was just wondering if others felt like me or am I just becoming an old fart!!
    Others do feel the same, bro. Unfortunately this post could have been included in many of the open topics we have cookin. Gonna close it, but welcome, and don't be such a stranger.

Rock on!
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook