Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

More From On The Ground In Iraq (Two Updates)

You can check out Michael Totten's 2nd part of his story on Ramadi /Anbar Province:

http://www.michaeltotten.com/

The underlying point is that it's not so much our efforts as much as it was Al Qaeda's brutality to the locals, turning them away that has lead to success in that province.

Then there's Michael Yon's latest update:

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/wp/...iii-of-iii.htm

**WARNING** Contains some disturbing photos of Combat death****

This one's much more complex because it begins with a Bradley crew opening up on a van that is running a road block. Two men are killed and two wounded, it turns out that they are part of the local militia that this same US unit is to join up with the next day...Akward!

An Ambush ensues the next day and a US Infantryman fucks up big time and his squad rides his ass.

Good reading, stuff you won't see on the networks or cable news.

Check it out.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    You can check out Michael Totten's 2nd part of his story on Ramadi /Anbar Province:

http://www.michaeltotten.com/

The underlying point is that it's not so much our efforts as much as it was Al Qaeda's brutality to the locals, turning them away that has lead to success in that province.

Then there's Michael Yon's latest update:

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/wp/...iii-of-iii.htm

**WARNING** Contains some disturbing photos of Combat death****

This one's much more complex because it begins with a Bradley crew opening up on a van that is running a road block. Two men are killed and two wounded, it turns out that they are part of the local militia that this same US unit is to join up with the next day...Akward!

An Ambush ensues the next day and a US Infantryman fucks up big time and his squad rides his ass.

Good reading, stuff you won't see on the networks or cable news.

Check it out.
    "OUR EFFORTS"...You know, someone who has never served in the military should never be allowed to used those words. They aren't "your" efforts if you've never served.

Just like if you've never served in the military, don't say "Marine Corps, hoorah...Marines are the best" or any of that shit. Free speech and all that, have it. You've "earned it."
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:46 AM
    Liked 432 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

Thanks for the story link. I will definitely check that site again.
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 12 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyCopenHalenII View Post
    "OUR EFFORTS"...You know, someone who has never served in the military should never be allowed to used those words. They aren't "your" efforts if you've never served.

Just like if you've never served in the military, don't say "Marine Corps, hoorah...Marines are the best" or any of that shit. Free speech and all that, have it. You've "earned it."
    Mighty, so does this mean that I can't say "we won" or "we lost" when the Irish blow another game? I've been a fan all my life, but never actually attended the school.

I'm a Marine brat. Born on a Marine base (El Toro), Dad was a Marine, Grandpa was a Marine, I couldn't get in because my eyes sucked. I'll still say that the Marines are the best, even though I wasn't one. And when I hear someone say "we" about the Armed Forces, I'll be happy, because it means that the US public is internalizing the process rather than distancing themselves from the people who represent us in the services. As soon as it becomes an "us" and "them," or "we vs. you", then we aren't standing behind our troops, and that would be a damn shame.
    Nothing to see here.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyCopenHalenII View Post

Our efforts means the efforts of the United States of America, vs "Their efforts" which would be the Insurgents, Al Qaeda and whoever else is shooting at "Our guys".

As an American and a tax payer I am funding this little adventure ( so are my grand kids), therefore I am entitled to use the possesive "We" and "Our" in referecnce to our armed forces and their actions, just as I'm am entitled to use the prossesive when it comes to the State Department, FBI or any other government agency. Bill Clinton was "My" President, as is George Bush today.

While I've never said 'Hoorah", I have and will continue to say that our Marines, Soldiers, Airmen and Sailors kick ass....because they do, they make me proud. I won't apologize for that.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:00 AM
    Liked 1,625 Times in 871 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    Our efforts means the efforts of the United States of America, vs "Their efforts" which would be the Insurgents, Al Qaeda and whoever else is shooting at "Our guys".

As an American and a tax payer I am funding this little adventure ( so are my grand kids), therefore I am entitled to use the possesive "We" and "Our" in referecnce to our armed forces and their actions, just as I'm am entitled to use the prossesive when it comes to the State Department, FBI or any other government agency. Bill Clinton was "My" President, as is George Bush today.

While I've never said 'Hoorah", I have and will continue to say that our Marines, Soldiers, Airmen and Sailors kick ass....because they do, they make me proud. I won't apologize for that.

Mad props to you!!
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mighty, so does this mean that I can't say "we won" or "we lost" when the Irish blow another game? I've been a fan all my life, but never actually attended the school.

- No it's a free country man. Nothing wrong with supporting a Team, like the US Military. Then again, serving your country and playing football for Notre Dame are world's apart aren't they?

I'm a Marine brat. Born on a Marine base (El Toro), Dad was a Marine, Grandpa was a Marine, I couldn't get in because my eyes sucked. I'll still say that the Marines are the best, even though I wasn't one. And when I hear someone say "we" about the Armed Forces, I'll be happy, because it means that the US public is internalizing the process rather than distancing themselves from the people who represent us in the services. As soon as it becomes an "us" and "them," or "we vs. you", then we aren't standing behind our troops, and that would be a damn shame.

Internlazing the process? What process? I couldn't be a pilot because of my eyes, and I still served. And that's not a knock man, but flat fuckin' out if you haven't served you don't say shit like "Marines are the best." It's not we vs. you, and I'll get to that man. In case you haven't noticed there is a large regalia of soft media, Hollywood, "musicians" and the american public that denounce the troops. Hillary Clinton is not known for despising the troops, but it's a fact. There's a large number of people that do support the troops, and a large number that don't. Even then, public criticism like "Al Qaeda is more responsible than the troops than "we" are is out of line." Anyhow Tim, of course the troops and vets appreciate guys like you who support the hell out of them with no ulterior motive. You're an American, and a damn good one by the sound of it.

-"The underlying point is that it's not so much our efforts as much as it was Al Qaeda's brutality to the locals, turning them away that has lead to success in that province."

-"This one's much more complex because it begins with a Bradley crew opening up on a van that is running a road block. Two men are killed and two wounded, it turns out that they are part of the local militia that this same US unit is to join up with the next day...Akward!"

-"An Ambush ensues the next day and a US Infantryman fucks up big time and his squad rides his ass."

You can song and dance around this shit all day long, but when someone who obviously has never fuckin served says shit like this, I take offense.

Give credit to Al Qaeda, discredit the troops. If that's not your motive, I apologize.

Flat fuckin' out, "OUR" efforts, used to mean a lot more in WWII and Korea. Now if someone who shits on the troops, like those fuckers in San Francisco, says "Our" efforts, I take offense, and I'll call bullshit when I see it.

If I misread your intentions Axx, I apologize. The troops greatly appreciate their supporters, and not supporters of politicians or those who publicly support them yet honestly shit on them. Nevertheless, there's nothing more troops hate than those who have never served act like/pretend that they have.

Mad props to you!!''

-Mad props? I'll send my thanks to the troops instead, the've earned it.
    Last edited by TheMightyCopenHalenII; 09.26.07 at 10:52 PM.
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 12 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Well, Mighty, I'll respect your opinion, but I'm still gonna stick with my family and the Marines. I'll still say they are the best, because they are my family and I have nothing but respect for them. And my eyes were so bad, the Marines basically said "no dice."

Won't stop me from buying drinks for the other branches, however! My cousin was an Army scout/sniper, and we went and saw him in Italy after his Iraq/Afghanistan tours were over. I sat for two weeks with him and his crew and heard the crap they went thru. I'm gonna say that yes, they are MY team, and I'm behind them all the way. That's MY opinion, and I'm gonna keep it.

And to Hillary Clinton, Hollywood actors, anyone else using this solely as a self serving platform to further their own ends, I have one thing to say - "You can suck my balls."
    Last edited by timmac; 09.27.07 at 09:23 AM.
    Nothing to see here.