Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

03.10.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default i need some advice

io know this should be in another thread, but i cant seem to find any to fit it, unless i am just too stupid to find it!

im kinda thinking im acting too immature and it has caused me to spend my money in a way that my mom doesnt want me to (and sometimes, i dont want to either) and now im loosing her trust. i can lie without flinching now, which isnt a good thing, and i have an hour to formulate what i am to say to her about it, before she lectures me and then tells me to get out. (where to go- every apartment is too expensive, and i dot have a blinking car, let alone my license) i just need some advice right now. im stressing not enough on it if you ask me, since it is the same thing that happened about a month ago, just this time, i dont wanna be living on the street with nothing. i know i am probably thinking worst case senario, but my mom is really on the verge of kicking me out. i just dont know what to do or say or anything. i know i am 18, and i should be out the house, but it is hard only making (and it is under) $200 a week and then having to move out. any advice within the hour would be nice. thanx

i guess all i am saying is that i need some advice on how to get the head on my shoulders a bit tighter, and smarter for the future. and also how to make my mom begin to trust me a bit more now, though i know it will never happen. thanx again.
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you donít have any clothes on," the deputy said.

"Me too," Krauss replied.

"Donít forget! One sperm can ruin your whole day!"

Last Online

01.01.08 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Make wiser choices.

/thread.

And avoid moving to Cheyenne Wyoming. Nuthin but a bunch o'freaks there.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    Make wiser choices.
    Well said. It's as simple as that.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

^^^jeez, guys! such a typical male response...ONLY KIDDING! let's see if i can give you some advice from the female perspective, avhevhmashdlr.

i think you need to think really seriously about what you want to do with your life, career-wise, and how you're gonna go about getting that. if you find something you're really passionate about, then you'll want to do anything you can to maybe pursue it as a career. once you get serious about a career and are taking the steps to making that happen one day, then many times you start making wiser decisions in your life in all areas. you'll know what you want out of life and will ensure that you don't do anything to stand in the way of that (and will, in turn, begin making wiser choices about money, saving/spending, how you spend your free time, even the amount of sleep you get at night---b/c you don't want ANYTHING to stand in the way of your dreams). does that make sense at all?

as far as your mom trusting you again...i'm sure she will overtime. unfortunately, however, trust is earned. once it's broken, it's harder to get it back. but if your mom sees a positive change in you and sees that you're truly working hard at something, i bet it'll go a long way in earning back her trust.

good luck with everything!
    Meet me in Cabo!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:04 PM
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,124 Posts

Premium Member

Tell the truth. She's your mom and always will be, no matter how hard you screw up. If you are honest and tell her you want to make wiser choices, you're just not sure how, I don't think any mother would turn their back on you. Obviously I'm not familiar with the situation or its details, but if you are that worried about what you want to tell her, that's a good sign--it means you care. Tell her you need help with it and I'm sure you'll be surprised at how she takes it.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With the Devil
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:17 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

You have to have a "coming to Jesus" type meeting with your mom to do some damage control. More importantly, you have to show her through your actions that you respect her and are dedicated to changing your ways. Don't lie to your mom. You're better than that. Good luck.

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

I agree with all KT has said hun. Also, as a mum of teenage girls, please try to remember, mum's are just people. Kids often forget this as they bitch and argue and stomp off in mighty strops. I have often been left feeling hurt and down over the way I have been spoken to sometimes. Mum's are your best friend. They will be there at your worst time and love you whatever. However that doesn't mean they will accept being treated less than human because of it. We hurt and we feel betrayed when the centre of our universe talks shit to us and lies to us. Try and remember that and know that honesty is always the best way to go. You only ever get one mom... treat her like the precious person she is.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

03.10.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wow, i wasnt expecting this many responses. it all brings tears to my eyes to know there are people who will give advice. and i think when we talk im going to say what bsbll4 said, since it is how i am feeling now.

thanks again guys
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you donít have any clothes on," the deputy said.

"Me too," Krauss replied.

"Donít forget! One sperm can ruin your whole day!"

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I'll just tell you this. My mom been threatening to kick me out for about two years since I was 18, then I moved out - to another country - and now she calls me daily telling how much she misses me and wants me back.

$200 a week is a lot. We have a *way* more expensive lifestyle in the UK and you could find a room in a shared house/flat for a hundret bucks within an hour. Good luck anyway.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Being the father of an 18 and a 20 year old, I've always asked one thing of them: That they be honest. Yes, they have done some things that make me wonder if their brains had been abducted by aliens but I always come to the realization that I wasn't the shining example of what my father expected of me when I was 18. But the one thing my father had zero tolerance for was dishonesty. And by that, I'm not just referencing lying and deception. I had to be honest with myself and express that honesty through action. I went through a defiant period where I thought I knew better than my parents. In reality, I didn't have a clue but I thought my parents were more clueless. Keeping that in mind, I've always tried to keep the lines of communication open with my kids in hopes that they will feel comfortable in coming to me with questions, problems, concerns, etc. I'm not a "father of the year" candidate but I do take comfort in knowing my 18 and 20 year old are far better young men than I was at the time (haven't had to bail them out of jail yet).

Be honest with your mom and, more importantly, with yourself. Find out where you want to go with your life, knowing you can always change direction. Don't wait for life to come to you. You are at a golden age of opportunity.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

If I was in your shoes and not really doing much I would join the Military or the Coast Guard. Unless you are planning to go to school or learn a trade you are headed in a very uncertain direction. If you have nothing to offer a potential employer you will end up working nothing but shit jobs that pay minimum wage. The Armed forces will send you in a good direction, teach you skills and pay for schooling.

Many of the VH Linkers have been in different branches of the Military, you should talk to them. Wray is currently serving in the Marines. I know that MikeL was in the Air Force and Seenbad was in the Navy. Talk to them they will give you the honest scoop. MikeL and Seenbad are successful guys.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by OLO View Post
    MikeL and Seenbad are successful guys.
    I dunno about that. I get four hours of sleep each night. If I were successful, I think I'd get about ten.

I think you've gotten good advice about being straight with your mom. Life gets so much simpler when it involves honesty. Try to do the right things. If you don't know what the right thing is, choose the choice you can be proud of. You'll rarely go wrong doing that--just don't confuse pride with making choices you can be proud of. Very different things, there.

Don't rush yourself to "grow up." Everybody has their own pace. When I look at my friends, I know of only two people who knew what they wanted to do with their lives at 18. Lots of us had ideas, but only two actually followed those paths and stuck to them. You're at that point in life where you're really just starting to figure yourself out. Don't rush to make commitments.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Yeah, everybody has a different measuring stick for success, and it's usually a moving target. I work from home full time, pull a decent wage, and have a comfortable yet challenging work situation. I know a lot of people use that as the litmus. I really don't.

Family is where it's at kiddo. Have a heart to heart with your Mom. Admit your guilt and show recognition to the fact that you've been lying and it's wrong, and you're sorry. Get that right first and foremost then watch the positive snowball effect after that.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

18 yr. olds don't have real problems yet..Unless they're knocked up...

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 433 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

As for me, I've got to pretty much agree with everybody. Be truthful with your mom, she will thank you in the long run.

As for the military, which I was in the Army for several years, I am an advocate for it. You can usually get training in the field that interests you right now. A future employer will always look first at a person that's been in the military over a person that doesn't have military experience. I am an example of that with my current job.

But first and foremost. Make wise choices. Don't lie to your mom. Tell her you are scared shitless about the current situation. Plus you still want to have internet access so you can come here
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle