Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Eruption jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.29.99
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,011
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street...all the rest.
    Last Online

    04.02.12 @ 11:32 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Question. Eddies solo.

    O.k , knowing that Wolfie plays bass and guitar (we have now seen both). Would people be for or against seeing a sort of deuling guitars during Eddie's solo? Maybe just about 5 minutes of him shredding with his father to show us how he has evolved as a guitarist might be a plesant suprise to me . Is anyone else thinking that would be a cool idea ? To me if my son could play and I had the opportunity to have him on stage with me , I would do it , memories like that will last Wolfie a lifetime .
    btw ....I'm not talking about "316" either ....if it is to be done ...it needs to be SHREDDING!.

  2. #2
    On Fire Hammer Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.01.04
    Age
    41
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    385
    Last Online

    08.17.15 @ 11:51 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    I wouldn't mind seeing them do that, but with Wolfie on bass. Like Vai and Sheehan on the Eat'm and Smile Tour.




  3. #3
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    09.26.05
    Posts
    124
    Last Online

    02.29.12 @ 06:15 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Was Vai paying tribute or mocking Ed with that bit of Eruption in the forst vid?

  4. #4
    Top Of The World
    Join Date
    09.10.07
    Location
    Hoosier Land
    Posts
    175
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    09.20.07 @ 07:54 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Compared to 2004, he improved a 100 fold. Remember, these are just rehearsals, and he probably hasn't played this sober since the 98 tour. Where he played great!

  5. #5
    Baluchitherium Vinnie Velvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.28.99
    Location
    Hard Rock City, CAN.
    Posts
    5,144
    Favorite VH Album

    All 7 of them!!
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    11.30.16 @ 02:56 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Yes, Ed has improved bigtime since the 04 tour.

    And I think he's about 90-94%. Once the tour gets underway with a few shows in, I think he'll reach 100%.

    It looks and sounds good.
    EUAS

    www.rotharmy.com

    *VV*
    ole No.1
    The finest.

    "The Showstoppa!!"

  6. #6
    Hang 'Em High Reckless Fable's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.30.02
    Age
    40
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    6,501
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them
    Favorite VH Song

    Girl Gone Bad, Hang 'em High
    Last Online

    11.28.17 @ 10:56 AM
    Likes
    2,246
    Liked 2,848 Times in 1,230 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    O.k , knowing that Wolfie plays bass and guitar (we have now seen both). Would people be for or against seeing a sort of deuling guitars during Eddie's solo? Maybe just about 5 minutes of him shredding with his father to show us how he has evolved as a guitarist might be a plesant suprise to me . Is anyone else thinking that would be a cool idea ? To me if my son could play and I had the opportunity to have him on stage with me , I would do it , memories like that will last Wolfie a lifetime .
    btw ....I'm not talking about "316" either ....if it is to be done ...it needs to be SHREDDING!.
    It could be interesting and would work if Ed shortened his solo by doing the intro to Mean Street prior to the actual song and cutting out Spanish Fly. I disagree with your last comment: I'd rather see them do an instrumental song like "Respect the Wind" versus bass and guitar shredding. Wolf seems to be playing very well in the clips, but the scrutiny is still on and there's no reason to put the added pressure on him by having him hang with pops the guitar god.

  7. #7
    Eruption wingnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.29.06
    Posts
    927
    Last Online

    01.01.08 @ 10:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Fable View Post
    It could be interesting and would work if Ed shortened his solo by doing the intro to Mean Street prior to the actual song and cutting out Spanish Fly. I disagree with your last comment: I'd rather see them do an instrumental song like "Respect the Wind" versus bass and guitar shredding. Wolf seems to be playing very well in the clips, but the scrutiny is still on and there's no reason to put the added pressure on him by having him hang with pops the guitar god.
    I think Ed knows that most people want to hear him solo. He doesn't care about the few who want to hear something different.

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk ziggysmalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.24.03
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    12,984
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    12.18.17 @ 10:12 AM
    Likes
    2,610
    Liked 4,811 Times in 2,456 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Don't bring up Respect the Wind because it requires a sustainer. That is why I was happy that MWM was not going to be played. I don't want him even close to one.

  9. #9
    Eruption F'nRockstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.01.02
    Age
    45
    Location
    CLEVELAND
    Posts
    1,500
    Favorite VH Album

    fuck
    Favorite VH Song

    panama
    Last Online

    10.08.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 46 Times in 33 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    Yes, Ed has improved bigtime since the 04 tour.

    And I think he's about 90-94%. Once the tour gets underway with a few shows in, I think he'll reach 100%.

    It looks and sounds good.

    No way. From the solo vid, I would say 80-85%. He does sound GOOD!
    100% is 1986. He is not even close to playing like LWAN. I'll bet he'll get up to 90-95% (1984 or 1992 level), but you'll never hear a solo like LWAN from Ed again.
    Lets just throw a pound of weed in the fire place, f@#% it!

    Proud owner: Purple Flame Ernie Ball Music Man Axis and a 5150 Combo Amp.

  10. #10
    Atomic Punk WinterlessIceness's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.03.03
    Age
    32
    Location
    Newcastle, Great North of England
    Posts
    10,095
    Last Online

    07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F'nRockstar View Post
    I'll bet he'll get up to 90-95% (1984 or 1992 level), but you'll never hear a solo like LWAN from Ed again.
    *sigh*
    Le truth

  11. #11
    Top Of The World
    Join Date
    09.10.07
    Location
    Hoosier Land
    Posts
    175
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    09.20.07 @ 07:54 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I'm just glad he is sober and playing better.

  12. #12
    Eruption F'nRockstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.01.02
    Age
    45
    Location
    CLEVELAND
    Posts
    1,500
    Favorite VH Album

    fuck
    Favorite VH Song

    panama
    Last Online

    10.08.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 46 Times in 33 Posts

    Default

    Don't get me wrong, I am too!
    Lets just throw a pound of weed in the fire place, f@#% it!

    Proud owner: Purple Flame Ernie Ball Music Man Axis and a 5150 Combo Amp.

  13. #13
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    06.10.07
    Posts
    46
    Last Online

    02.09.12 @ 08:58 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    What is the issue with MWM and a sustainer in concert? I really wish they'd play that song. I think it is one of their best.

  14. #14
    Top Of The World
    Join Date
    09.10.07
    Location
    Hoosier Land
    Posts
    175
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    09.20.07 @ 07:54 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LtBennett View Post
    What is the issue with MWM and a sustainer in concert? I really wish they'd play that song. I think it is one of their best.
    Right on! When I first heard that song I wasn't too impressed, but as I listened to it more and more. It became a favorite. Hopefully they'll play that song from time to time.

  15. #15
    Banned!
    Join Date
    04.27.07
    Location
    At my house
    Posts
    7,262
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Ed plays on
    Favorite VH Song

    See above
    Last Online

    08.19.10 @ 08:10 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained-Hoosier View Post
    I'm just glad he is sober and playing better.
    Yep, his health and happiness is the most important thing of all.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Eddie Solo Question
    By subway in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11.07.02, 07:44 PM
  2. sammy solo played more than dave solo
    By topik killer in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02.17.01, 07:15 PM
  3. Question for the links/Eddies treatment
    By sambert in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08.12.00, 01:58 AM
  4. Eddies easiest solo
    By wam bam oh amsterdamn in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08.05.00, 06:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •