Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Last Online

08.05.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

Default Wolfgang's Performance...

First things first...

This is not about MA so it would be nice not to see any shit slinging in this thread (yeah like that is going to happen)...

Anyway, this kid can play and I mean I know because I play guitar as probably many of you here do. Listen to Romeo's Delight video and hear his brief solo...that's not easy to play and he's doing it great. They didnt shoot him playing but it was some sweet playing.

The vocals sound great as well.

I'm impressed more than I thought I would be. Damn impressed...

I hope the die hard fans give him a chance and treat him with respect at the shows. I'd hate to see Eddie fly out in the audience to protect his son from some idiot throwing shit...hope that does NOT happen.

I'm so pumped for opening night . Imagine the buzz next Thursday night!!!!

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:42 AM
    Liked 1,940 Times in 785 Posts

Premium Member

Yeah, I think too many people are giving the kid a hard time, saying he looks "stiff" on stage. How many performances does he have under his belt now? Maybe 3-4 rehearsals? The bass in Romeo Delight in the middle sounds pretty bad ass to me.

Last Online

08.05.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

Oh I also want to say that it's so cool to see Eddie playing with his son up there and having a blast. Since I have a son who is 3...I can only wish that one day we can jam together.

Last Online

07.27.11 @ 07:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

those videos changed my mind and made me eat my own words. the average fan won't even notice a difference. if ed stays sober, this will be incredible...i'm hoping i'm having false doubt in Ed like I was Wolf. The kid is good. MA is a legend. He doesn't deserve to be replaced. But I will hold to my word - this tour wouldn't happen if it weren't for Wolf. He is the glue. I talked about how Al should have rescued Ed...when it was actually Wolf.

After seeing those vids, those that went to the 2004 shows should be pissed that Ed took your money...hopefully, Ed will make up for it this tour.

Favorite VH Album

The new one with wolfie
    Favorite VH Song

The one with wolfie on bass
    Last Online

09.19.07 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds great to me! Totally changed my mind about whats his face not being in the band.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 195 Times in 117 Posts

I'm sure Wolfgang can play just fine, but that's not the point for many fans (including myself) as most of us would much prefer Mike was involved.

In the unlikely event that I was to catch one of these shows, it'd be all about Ed, Al & Dave - not Wolfie.
    “And what we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever – that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in Earth, Wind & Fire, as identifiable as the high voice in the Beach Boys. Van Halen is an indelicate house blend of both – that’s intentionally. So I would always look forward to that reunion.” - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

The new one with wolfie
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm so excited to see Wolfie and the others. Wolfie sounds GREAT from what I can tell on those clips. Sobolewski i'm sure will sound great with sammy and friends and the very few that will witness the two of them on stage.

Last Online

01.01.08 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm not knocking the kid, I'm really not. But if he looks stiff then it only effects the grade I'd give the overall band performance from an A+ to only an A. So it's not like he kills the overall performance. Based on Youtube I'd say I'd really enjoy the show.

Wolf is doing just fine. At the very least musically and vocally SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than we thought.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Fair Warning
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by ohyouateonetoo View Post
    I'm so excited to see Wolfie and the others. Wolfie sounds GREAT from what I can tell on those clips. Sobolewski i'm sure will sound great with sammy and friends and the very few that will witness the two of them on stage.
    Are you really a Van Halen fan?
    “And what we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever – that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in Earth, Wind & Fire, as identifiable as the high voice in the Beach Boys. Van Halen is an indelicate house blend of both – that’s intentionally. So I would always look forward to that reunion.” - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

The new one with wolfie
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Sane View Post
    Are you really a Van Halen fan?
    Yup. I've only seen them around 9-10 times though.
    I could care less who's on bass. As long as it's Eddie and Dave on stage together. So, are YOU really a Van Halen fan?
    Last edited by ohyouateonetoo; 09.18.07 at 10:31 PM.

Last Online

04.27.08 @ 12:41 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After seeing those vids, those that went to the 2004 shows should be pissed that Ed took your money...hopefully, Ed will make up for it this tour.[/QUOTE]

I went to the 2 stlouis 04 shows and it was really wasn't all that bad. That said, I didn't pay 100bucks a pop for not all that bad, I want great!!! Seeing these videos makes me think that 150bucks and up wont be such a bad investment for this show. I was going regardless, but WOW!! THAT JUST ROCKS!!! GO WOLFIE!!! Ed looks so darn happy, good for him!! Now as far as Dave goes...Dave is being Dave and his vocals sound just right....1/2 singing and 1/2 talking the lyrics...just like normal and just like it should be! Al is Al of course, steady and sure. I think this is gonna work.
    Ya lollygag around around the infield, ya lollygag down to 1st, ya lollygag in and out of the dugout...ya know what that makes you?...LARRRY!!?......... .LOLLYGAGGERS!! lollygagers... -Bull Durham

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad. It Jamz!!!
    Last Online

04.11.13 @ 12:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Does Wolf play with a pick instead of his fingers? From what I can tell its a pick. thats kinda unusual.

Favorite VH Album

The new one with wolfie
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Len75 View Post
    Does Wolf play with a pick instead of his fingers? From what I can tell its a pick. thats kinda unusual.
    Sobolewski played with a pick in the early days too. So did John Paul Jones of Zeppelin - one of the greats of all time.

Last Online

04.27.08 @ 12:41 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Len75 View Post
    Can't really tell, but it does look like a pick. Whatever works for the kid, he's sounds spot on.
    Ya lollygag around around the infield, ya lollygag down to 1st, ya lollygag in and out of the dugout...ya know what that makes you?...LARRRY!!?......... .LOLLYGAGGERS!! lollygagers... -Bull Durham

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Fair Warning
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by ohyouateonetoo View Post
    Yup. I've only seen them around 9-10 times though.
    I could care less who's on bass. As long as it's Eddie and Dave on stage together. So, are YOU really a Van Halen fan?
    Uh yes, that's why I'd rather see the original bassist in the band.

I really can't understand the negativity some people, like yourself, dish out on Michael Anthony.

Ultimately, at this point, anything less than the original four guys is a let down.

I'm still hoping that at the end of this tour, Wolfie will leave and pave the way for Mike's return.