Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Hillary: You'll Have To Show Proof Of Insurance For Employment

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton said Tuesday that a mandate requiring every American to purchase health insurance was the only way to achieve universal health care but she rejected the notion of punitive measures to force individuals into the health care system.

ADVERTISEMENT

"At this point, we don't have anything punitive that we have proposed," the presidential candidate said in an interview with The Associated Press. "We're providing incentives and tax credits which we think will be very attractive to the vast majority of Americans."

She said she could envision a day when "you have to show proof to your employer that you're insured as a part of the job interview like when your kid goes to school and has to show proof of vaccination," but said such details would be worked out through negotiations with Congress.

Clinton unveiled her health care plan Monday in Iowa, promising to bring coverage to every American by building on the current employer-based system and using tax credits to make insurance more affordable.

She told the AP she relished a debate over health care with her political opponents, including Republicans "who understood that we had to reform health care before they started running for president."

On Tuesday, Clinton began airing a 30-second ad statewide in Iowa and New Hampshire promoting her new health care plan. The ad reminds viewers of her failed effort to pass universal health care in the early 1990s, trying to portray a thwarted enterprise as one of vision.

"She changed our thinking when she introduced universal health care to America," the ad's announcer says.

The ad also highlights her support as senator for an expanded Children's Health Insurance Program and for more affordable vaccines.

Her health care plan would require every American to buy health insurance, offering tax credits and subsidies to help those who can't afford it. The mandatory aspect of her proposal, however, gets glossed over in the ad.

"Now she has a health care plan that lets you keep your coverage if you like it, provides affordable choices if you don't, and covers every American," the ad says.

The ad also continues her campaign's effort to appropriate the mantle of change away from rivals Barack Obama and John Edwards. The word change or its variations appears four times in the ad, which ends: "So, if you're ready for change, she's ready to lead."

Though her ads are airing in major markets in both states, they are appaearing with greater frequency in Iowa. Polls of voters in New Hampshire show her with a double digit lead over Obama and Edwards, but polls in Iowa show the three of them clustered together.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:38 PM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton said Tuesday that a mandate requiring every American to purchase health insurance was the only way to achieve universal health care but she rejected the notion of punitive measures to force individuals into the health care system.

ADVERTISEMENT

"At this point, we don't have anything punitive that we have proposed," the presidential candidate said in an interview with The Associated Press. "We're providing incentives and tax credits which we think will be very attractive to the vast majority of Americans."

She said she could envision a day when "you have to show proof to your employer that you're insured as a part of the job interview like when your kid goes to school and has to show proof of vaccination," but said such details would be worked out through negotiations with Congress.

Clinton unveiled her health care plan Monday in Iowa, promising to bring coverage to every American by building on the current employer-based system and using tax credits to make insurance more affordable.

She told the AP she relished a debate over health care with her political opponents, including Republicans "who understood that we had to reform health care before they started running for president."

On Tuesday, Clinton began airing a 30-second ad statewide in Iowa and New Hampshire promoting her new health care plan. The ad reminds viewers of her failed effort to pass universal health care in the early 1990s, trying to portray a thwarted enterprise as one of vision.

"She changed our thinking when she introduced universal health care to America," the ad's announcer says.

The ad also highlights her support as senator for an expanded Children's Health Insurance Program and for more affordable vaccines.

Her health care plan would require every American to buy health insurance, offering tax credits and subsidies to help those who can't afford it. The mandatory aspect of her proposal, however, gets glossed over in the ad.

"Now she has a health care plan that lets you keep your coverage if you like it, provides affordable choices if you don't, and covers every American," the ad says.

The ad also continues her campaign's effort to appropriate the mantle of change away from rivals Barack Obama and John Edwards. The word change or its variations appears four times in the ad, which ends: "So, if you're ready for change, she's ready to lead."

Though her ads are airing in major markets in both states, they are appaearing with greater frequency in Iowa. Polls of voters in New Hampshire show her with a double digit lead over Obama and Edwards, but polls in Iowa show the three of them clustered together.
    Mmmmmmmmkaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy. I wonder if the 1st husband, (if elected) will pass out a cigar to everyone who get coverage???

Dems...........gotta love em and scratch your head and wonder!!

HH<-----Knows Republicans aren't perfect either-----------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.01.10 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I am not a Hilary supporter by any means, and I'm not sure she has the exact right idea here, but I welcome any attempts to start a dialogue on improving the health care system. How many of you have had your premiums and copays increase in recent years, while the number of covered services decrease? The cost of health care in this country -- both to employees and employers -- is staggering.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

I'm confused...If one is unemployed, and thus can not afford health care, that person must show proof of health care before one can get a job to pay for it? HUH?
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What Hillary is suggesting here is mandatory corporatized health care. In other words those who are uninsured now because they can't afford it will be FORCED to comply under Hillary's plan. It's probably similar to what Romney the dog abuser did in Massachusetts, since they seem to be on the same page with corporatism.

Why the fuck can't we just do what every other civilized nation on the planet does, and take the corporate greed and profit motive out of it??
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    I'm confused...If one is unemployed, and thus can not afford health care, that person must show proof of health care before one can get a job to pay for it? HUH?
    Yep. Makes a lot of sense, doesn't it?
    Eat Us And Smile

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Shark View Post
    I am not a Hilary supporter by any means, and I'm not sure she has the exact right idea here, but I welcome any attempts to start a dialogue on improving the health care system. How many of you have had your premiums and copays increase in recent years, while the number of covered services decrease? The cost of health care in this country -- both to employees and employers -- is staggering.
    We've talked about this before, and you're right about the price of healthcare going through the roof.

The issue here is that he plan does nothing to address the reasons behind the high costs. What her plan entails simply feeds the monster with little control. The entire system needs to be examined and overhauled, malpractice, pharacutical prices, hospital costs, specialized equipment and lab tests and executive oversite charges all need to be addressed. Some of this costs are legit due to the specialized medicines, equipment and technicians. Other charges are simply bogus. Malpractice lawsuits play a big part of the financial picture too.

All of that stuff needs to be locked down before the government forces the entire population to throw money into it. I don't think government is the overall solution, look at what Wal-Mart has started doing with their on-site clinics. They've got a Nurse Practitioner and there's a MENU of exams that can be conducted along with the PRICE. When you check into a hospital you don't know what you're paying for until you get home and get the bill in the mail. If you were handed a Menu that you could select things and reject others. Doctors are forced to run tests that are often not needed but they have to cover their butts for malpractice, but if you knew how much those tests were in advance and then got an explaination of how effective those tests would be in your case maybe you could choose to wave them.

Did anybody catch John Stassel's special a few weeks back about the healthcare problem?
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:18 AM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    It's probably similar to what Romney the dog abuser did in Massachusetts, since they seem to be on the same page with corporatism.
    I believe this is the second time I've seen you make reference to Romney abusing dogs. What incident is this referencing?

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    I believe this is the second time I've seen you make reference to Romney abusing dogs. What incident is this referencing?
    Mittens used to take the whole family on the road in the old station wagon. Unfortunately, by the time you get the typical Mormon family, plus all their crap into the car, doesn't leave a lot of room for Fido. So he got to ride in his porta-kennel which was strapped to the roof of the car. The poor dog shit himself so bad out of fear that Romney had to hose down the whole car. And the dog.
    Eat Us And Smile

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    A bunch of blogs (yet no news sites) make reference to the guy strapping his dog to the roof of his car.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.20.07 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All I know is at my last job we got a 2% raise and our insurance went up 14%!
    Do the math!

Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.01.10 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    A bunch of blogs (yet no news sites) make reference to the guy strapping his dog to the roof of his car.
    During a family vacation in 1983, no less.

Obviously a critical point during this election season!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Once a dog abuser, always a dog abuser in my book.
    Eat Us And Smile

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

Was Chevy Chase with him?

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Mittens used to take the whole family on the road in the old station wagon. Unfortunately, by the time you get the typical Mormon family, plus all their crap into the car, doesn't leave a lot of room for Fido. So he got to ride in his porta-kennel which was strapped to the roof of the car. The poor dog shit himself so bad out of fear that Romney had to hose down the whole car. And the dog.
    Shoot, nobody wanted the dog on their lap? How big is that family?