Favorite VH Album

Live Right Here, Right now
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround
    Last Online

11.19.10 @ 01:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Wolfie during rehearsals

Is it me or does it seem that all the video and pics seem to show little of Wolfie?
    What little has been seem does look abit out of place with the rest of the band.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo67 View Post
    Is it me or does it seem that all the video and pics seem to show little of Wolfie?
    What little has been seem does look abit out of place with the rest of the band.
    No, it's not you and the fact that these videos don't show much of Wolfie is still very irrelevant... Eddie and Dave are the front-men of VH...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.Ē -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

VH, Fair Warning, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Humans Being
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:24 PM
    Liked 41 Times in 24 Posts

Of course he seems a bit out of place, that guy on guitar seems old enough to be his dad - wait a minute!

Just kidding. Don't forget he's only 16 years old and still has to find his stage persona, so to speak. The other guys have been in the spotlight for most of their lives, and apart from joining his dad on stage in 2004, Wolfie's totally new to this sort of thing. I think it'll get better the more shows he'll play.

Last Online

08.05.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

Ok, fair question...

There isnt much video docus of him and you know what...that's the way it should be. He's the bass player. Who really cares about him? The bass player is a background figure for 99% of bands (including VH).

I also think he looks fine. He sounds great and is doing an amazing job for a 16 year old kid. Shit, he's doing great for a 50 year old. No MA comparisons here...just saying he sounds great to me.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.09.16 @ 12:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Seems most of the cameras were on Ed's side of the stage. Hard to catch Wolf from there. Didn't see much of Al from that angle either.

Get some screaming sweet young things in front of him and I think he will figure it out real quick!!! Lucky bastard!! Go Wolf.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

01.06.15 @ 07:03 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyVanHalen View Post
    Ok, fair question...

There isnt much video docus of him and you know what...that's the way it should be. He's the bass player. Who really cares about him? The bass player is a background figure for 99% of bands (including VH).

I also think he looks fine. He sounds great and is doing an amazing job for a 16 year old kid. Shit, he's doing great for a 50 year old. No MA comparisons here...just saying he sounds great to me.
    I think Billy Sheehan or Geddy Lee might question your 1st statement .
    But I agree with you, from what I have heard and seen I think the kid is gonna be fine. He has never toured, he knows ALOT of the "eyes" will be on him so he is more in the mindset of making sure he plays correctly rather than being a showman. As he gains confidence I am sure he'll start to move around the stage and interact more with Dave and Ed as well as the fans.

Eruption
    Last Online

08.17.12 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aj1537 View Post
    I think Billy Sheehan or Geddy Lee might question your 1st statement .
    But I agree with you, from what I have heard and seen I think the kid is gonna be fine. He has never toured, he knows ALOT of the "eyes" will be on him so he is more in the mindset of making sure he plays correctly rather than being a showman. As he gains confidence I am sure he'll start to move around the stage and interact more with Dave and Ed as well as the fans.
    When it's all said and done; Wolfie was the coolest guy at the press conference, by a mile.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:30 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyVanHalen View Post
    Ok, fair question...

Yup with the exception of Paul McCartney, Sting and Kip Winger() most bass players are background guys carrying the groove along with the drummer. Mike pretty much did the same thing except when he sang.

The kid is still developing his own stage presence, what do you want him to do? Run all over the place when he will then trip over Ed's cord or get kicked in the face by Dave. At the young age he is he knows his role.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street...all the rest.
    Last Online

04.02.12 @ 11:32 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by padraig5150 View Post
    Of course he seems a bit out of place, that guy on guitar seems old enough to be his dad - wait a minute!

Just kidding. Don't forget he's only 16 years old and still has to find his stage persona, so to speak. The other guys have been in the spotlight for most of their lives, and apart from joining his dad on stage in 2004, Wolfie's totally new to this sort of thing. I think it'll get better the more shows he'll play.
    I agree with the stage persona thing. He will relax , have fun , become even more confident as the shows go on . Good luck Wolfie , don't worry about the past and who you are being compared to ,just have fun with it. Besides , had you not stepped up and filled the void , we problably would be waiting another 22 years. Anyway , I can't wait!

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

11.09.17 @ 08:16 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon View Post
    Yup with the exception of Paul McCartney, Sting and Kip Winger() most bass players are background guys carrying the groove along with the drummer. Mike pretty much did the same thing except when he sang.

The kid is still developing his own stage presence, what do you want him to do? Run all over the place when he will then trip over Ed's cord or get kicked in the face by Dave. At the young age he is he knows his role.

Bwaaaaa haaaaa haaaaa....

Kip Winger... LOL... good one...

But yeah, Wolfgang is doing great. Will he run around all crazy like Mike? Maybe, maybe not. He's holding down the bottom end, and doing a bang up job with the vocals. Can't argue with that.
    'If it sounds good, it is good.'

EVH

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 02:14 PM
    Liked 780 Times in 375 Posts

Premium Member

Hey, I see a bit of swagger in the Wolf already. He's a little ripper. Judging from the rehearsal vids the kid is nailing it.
    His vox are spot on and he's hammering the bass without any trouble at all.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 4,791 Times in 2,444 Posts

Premium Member

I think once he sees 15k fans screaming and making a lot of noise he will get into it. Anybody who plays in a band knows you move a lot more when people are into your music. He won't be Mike but he won't be Pearl Jam.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:07 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Another thread going on about Wolfgang. Lets keep it to one thread.

Closed.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.