Register
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

07.12.08 @ 04:41 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default The disadvantage of being a restaurant server. (NEED ADVICE)

Working graveyard, it's not always fun for me to serve the afterbar drunks that come into the restaurant to behave emotional, loud, and annoying. Yet I still try and enjoy my time just as much as they enjoy their idiocy.

However, early this morning some customer walks in and tries taking another server's purse that was set next to the register. Again this is early in the morning and there was only about six people in the building at the time including the thief who looked like he just got back from a Snoop Dogg concert. We were 100% sure it was him that took the purse. After I repeatedly encouraged my managers to call the police, following doing so I called anyways.

The cops came, the purse wasn't on him. I was stumped, but after I left, I called up the restaurant and told them I saw him walk around the outside earlier and he might have placed it somewhere he can come back to retrieve. Unfortunately it's not easy to remember these things considering working late hours takes a toll on my short-term memory. I still have yet to know if she got her purse back.

My problem isn't whether or not my coworker will ever see her purse again, but a question about my safety. The fact that I called the cops on an unknown thug could in all probability put my name on someone's list. I'm not sure but I believe he could have gotten off scotch free. I want to know whatever you think. Perhaps I'm overreacting and my tiredness is getting the best of me?

Maybe I should find somewhere else to work, I know I could do better than Sharis. LOL
    Respects.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

If I remember right, you're in Tacoma/Lakewood area, right???

No matter where it is, I would try to get the fuck outta Shari's and get something with better hours and a better place in general. I'm not ripping on your place of work but listen closely:

If you could work the same amount of hours at a different place and have better clientele, better hours, more tips, you should do it because not doing it is costing you potential money, security, and happiness... Go down Rustin Way and check out some of the fine dining establishments. (just an example)

I only say this and give this advice because I used to train the front of the house in a few restaurants as well as being a "head waiter" or whatever you wanna call it for a number of years just south of you in Thurston County.
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:15 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

If nothing else use it as motivation to find something new, like fastdodge says.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I seriously doubt a guy who'd swiped a purse has the balls to seek retrobution. He's obviously a coward.

Calling the police is ALWAYS a good idea. If you see this shithead hanging around the place you work then call the cops again for a "Welfare Check" again. It's simple if the cops are always around the scumbags go somewhere else.

It's had done the trick at where I work, no more homeless guys in the bushes and the gangbangers and party crowd goes somewhere else.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

I'm an overnight pharmacist in Central Phoenix. Believe me, if it wasn't for the extra money and killer schedule (7on and off), I wouldn't do it.

You gotta look at all your options, if you can find an equitable job during the day, hell yea, take it. I've been doing overnights for over 4 years, and I can tell ya, without good perks and benefits, it's not worth doing.

Favorite VH Album

The new one with wolfie
    Favorite VH Song

The one with wolfie on bass
    Last Online

09.19.07 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    I'm an overnight pharmacist in Central Phoenix. Believe me, if it wasn't for the extra money and killer schedule (7on and off), I wouldn't do it.

You gotta look at all your options, if you can find an equitable job during the day, hell yea, take it. I've been doing overnights for over 4 years, and I can tell ya, without good perks and benefits, it's not worth doing.
    Hey....My back hurts really bad lately so.......can you get me some oxy?

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by fast98dodge View Post

as well as being a "head waiter"
    hmm. so that must explain the dirt on your knees, eh, Brian?

""""\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.