Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Default Man Arrested After Decomposed Bodies Found In Barrels

Man Arrested After Decomposed Bodies Found In Barrels
    Tip Leads To Bodies' Discovery

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Two decomposed bodies sealed in steel barrels were found late Friday on the property of a rural Monroe County man who faces a preliminary murder charge, police said.

Jerry E. Pelfree (pictured) was being held Saturday evening in Monroe County Jail without bond.

Medical examinations will be conducted Monday morning to help make a positive identification on the bodies. Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters said they believe one may be a man who was reported missing in July.

Monroe County Sheriff's Capt. Kenny Barnes said the other may be a missing Owen County man. They declined to name the missing men until their identities are confirmed.

Brown County Sheriff Buck Stogsdill said he received a phone call Wednesday afternoon from an acquaintance who claimed to have information about two killings and the location of the bodies. Stogsdill said the unnamed informant told him he may have witnessed one of the killings "sometime last spring."

"He basically told us the whole story -- where it occurred, where the bodies were at, and that they were in barrels, which proved to be true," Stogsdill said. "He kind of relayed like that it had been laid upon him by God to reveal this."

Bloomington police's Critical Incident Response Team went to the site and served a warrant Friday afternoon. They found the steel-drum barrels about 100 yards from Pelfree's home.

"The first phone call I got was that they had arrived on the property and that they had found the aforementioned barrels that had been described by the informant," Qualters said.

Barnes said the drums were sealed with plastic and other materials and covered with debris. Investigators couldn't immediately determine how the people died because of their condition.

Several vehicles, weapons, and drugs also were confiscated from the residence.

"It would have been a pretty grisly find, I would imagine," said Gerald Messell, who lives nearby. "I wouldn't have wanted to have found it. He (Pelfree) seemed normal to me. (He would go) in and out and wave."

"I was shocked. I know the guy they have arrested," said neighbor Shannon Goldman. "He's even stopped here a couple of times."

Pelfree is expected to appear Monday morning in Monroe Circuit Court for a probable cause hearing.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Last edited by chefcraig; 09.16.07 at 08:34 AM.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Very nice, chef. LMAO!!!
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

"He (Pelfree) seemed normal to me"

Umm, yeah his face expression just 'screams' normal

Favorite VH Album

The new one with wolfie
    Favorite VH Song

The one with wolfie on bass
    Last Online

09.19.07 @ 12:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoHalen View Post
    Man Arrested After Decomposed Bodies Found In Barrels
    Tip Leads To Bodies' Discovery

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Two decomposed bodies sealed in steel barrels were found late Friday on the property of a rural Monroe County man who faces a preliminary murder charge, police said.

Jerry E. Pelfree (pictured) was being held Saturday evening in Monroe County Jail without bond.

Medical examinations will be conducted Monday morning to help make a positive identification on the bodies. Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters said they believe one may be a man who was reported missing in July.

Monroe County Sheriff's Capt. Kenny Barnes said the other may be a missing Owen County man. They declined to name the missing men until their identities are confirmed.

Brown County Sheriff Buck Stogsdill said he received a phone call Wednesday afternoon from an acquaintance who claimed to have information about two killings and the location of the bodies. Stogsdill said the unnamed informant told him he may have witnessed one of the killings "sometime last spring."

"He basically told us the whole story -- where it occurred, where the bodies were at, and that they were in barrels, which proved to be true," Stogsdill said. "He kind of relayed like that it had been laid upon him by God to reveal this."

Bloomington police's Critical Incident Response Team went to the site and served a warrant Friday afternoon. They found the steel-drum barrels about 100 yards from Pelfree's home.

"The first phone call I got was that they had arrived on the property and that they had found the aforementioned barrels that had been described by the informant," Qualters said.

Barnes said the drums were sealed with plastic and other materials and covered with debris. Investigators couldn't immediately determine how the people died because of their condition.

Several vehicles, weapons, and drugs also were confiscated from the residence.

"It would have been a pretty grisly find, I would imagine," said Gerald Messell, who lives nearby. "I wouldn't have wanted to have found it. He (Pelfree) seemed normal to me. (He would go) in and out and wave."

"I was shocked. I know the guy they have arrested," said neighbor Shannon Goldman. "He's even stopped here a couple of times."

Pelfree is expected to appear Monday morning in Monroe Circuit Court for a probable cause hearing.
    That bullwinkle is one strange lookin dude

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

Eat Us and Smile!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

My god, I was wondering what happened to Mark Hamill. Luke really gave in to the dark side
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    I think, as the originator of the above thread, I should point out that those people were murdered last spring; not three days ago, asleep in their bed, apparently oblivious to the incessant barking of their dog who was chained up outside at two in the morning.

Oops...

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Wait, let me clarify something.
    When I typed "oops" in the above post, I meant, "Oops, that was a run-on sentence". Not "Oops, I may have given away the fact that I climbed through my neighbor's window and strangled him with a dog chain".

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Wait...

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    Wait...
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw